• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Size/Weight and how it affects Damage and Knockback.

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103
So I was immensely bored one day and decided to do some Smash Science concerning Mii Fighters, and how damage output and Kill Percent is affected by size and weight.

So basically, I made 9 Miis:
  • Skinniest/Shortest
  • Skinniest/Mid-height
  • Skinniest/Tallest
  • Middleweight/Shortest
  • Middleweight/Mid-height
  • Middleweight/Tallest
  • Thickest/Shortest
  • Thickest/Mid-height
  • Thickest/Tallest),
booted up Training mode, and went to town.

Here is the sheet

I determined damage by hitting with the move 10 times (in the case of more powerful moves, as many times as I could before Mario would die) and taking the average of the damage accumulated.

KO% was determined by attacking a Level 3 Mario CPU on Battlefield Omega. For non-upward-knockback attacks, it represents the point at which he hits the blast zone without a chance to attempt recovery. I walked him to the edge until he went into the "keeping his balance" animation.

If the KO% is "U" it means I didn't bother trying to figure it out, probably because of linked hitbox animations or too high percent for it to matter.

I still have to test the 3333 Special set for Tallest/Middleweight Brawler, and the entire moveset for Tallest/Thickest, but I've been working on this for months and only got so far, so I figured some accountability would get me to finish it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom