• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SiP!] Smash im Pott! Duisburg, Germany! 31.01.2014 -... - January 31st, 2014 - Duisburg, NRW

PuRple-H

Smash Rookie

31.1.2014 - 2.2.2014

Organisation and Contact
Purple~H
FB: Fabian Fisler

Billy McBillig
FB: David Bataineh
Email: david.bataineh@gmail.com

Hure mit Herz
FB: Simon Parlasca

DamnLuk

When?
31.01.2014 - 02.02.2014
Start: Friday, 4pm
End: Sunday, 5pm

Where?
Forsthausweg 2
47057 Duisburg

Asta-Keller
- 100 people
- No Showers =(
- But near public swimming baths/pool
- Near super market & kebab
- Sleeping will be done in the location, so you better bring your own sleeping bags :p

How to get there!
From Duisburg HBF (Main Station), you take the Underground Train 901 to Mülheim HBF (or Duisburg Zoo/Uni) until you get to Duisburg Zoo/Uni

Tournaments & Costs
Entry-fee: 10 €
Flatrate: 20 €
Everything: 30€

You have to pay for all 4 events, but you can enter whichever you want to.

SiP will have the following 4 events:
- PM Singles
- PM Doubles
- Melee
- Brawl

Entry-fee and flatrate will be payed on the first day (-> Friday)

Payouts
Project M Singles, Melee Singles, Brawl Singles: 40|25|15|10|5*2
Project M Doubles: 50|25|15|10

Rulesets
PROJECT M RULESET (Singles & Doubles)

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “1221? fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Starter (Singles)
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi’s Story

Counterpick (Singles)
Dracula’s Castle
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare
Yoshi’s Island: Brawl

Starter (Doubles)
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
SSE: Jungle
Yoshi’s Island: Brawl

Counterpick (Doubles)
Dracula’s Castle
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Melee Ruleset

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound or Peach’s Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “1221? fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Starters/Neutrals:
Singles:
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain Of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:
Pokemon Stadium

BRAWL RULESET---> http://smashboards.com/threads/german-standard-ruleset-v2-0.334283/

Additional Rules (For all tournaments!)
* Player’s Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Glitches: Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

Placings in Singles Pools are determined based on:
1. number of sets won
2. winning percentage in games (win/loss ratio)
3. head-to-head winner

In the event of an X-way tie in Singles Pools after all tiebreakers are exhausted, a best-of-1 round robin will be played out between the X players until there is a clear order of placings.

Registration will be done via Email
Title: "Smash im Pott! + Your Nickname"
Email goes to: nougatbitspm@gmail.com

The email has to contain the following information:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nickname:
Birthday:
First name:
Last name:
Address:
Zip Code:
City:

Tournaments:
Project M Singles []
Project M Teams []
Melee Singles []
Brawl Singles []

Support:
Wii [] with Project M []
TV []
GameCube [] Melee[]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YOU HAVE TO LET THIS BE SIGN BY YOUR PARENTS
(This gives you the permission to enter the Event)
Printed (Click here)

If you got any questions feel free to ask!

PuRple-H

Smash Rookie
Confirmed(30/100)

Purple~H
Billy Mc Billig
Hure mit Herz
DamnLuk
MFM
Ali
Salah
Clade
Draqo
Tsunayoshi
Saw
Ice (Email fehlt)
hand
Sixx (Email fehlt)
Holy
Lewt
Andy Kuma
Bloody
MISTERLOVE
cyve
T-za
PheX
Mr.R
Kadano
Timi
Relinquished
Pasta
Wusi
Crypto
AscWolf
Lance
Longo

Set-ups

Tv(10-11):

Location 5
Billy Mc Billig 1
DamnLuk 1
Bert 1
Purple~H 1
T-za 1-2

PM/Brawl/Melee Wii's(15):

Billy McBillig 1 (PM, Melee, Brawl)
Purple~H 1 (PM, Brawl)
Hure mit Herz 1 (PM, Melee, Brawl)
DamnLuk 1 (PM,Melee, Brawl)
Clade (PM, Brawl)
Draqo (PM, Brawl)
Tsunayoshi (PM, Brawl)
Saw (PM, Brawl)
Holy (PM, Brawl)
Lewt (PM, Brawl)
Bloody (Brawl)
MFM (Brawl, PM)
T-za (Brawl, PM, Melee)
PheX (Brawl, Melee)
Relinquished (PM, Melee)
Wusi (Brawl)
AscWolf (Brawl, PM, Melee)

GCs(7):

Hure mit Herz 1
Saw 1
Lewt 1
Misterlove 1
T-Za 1
DamnLuk 1
Timi 1
Kadano 1

Mehrfachstecker:

Hure mit Herz 5
MFM 1
DamnLuk

WE NEED TVs!!!

TV: 2 €

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Why do I have to pay for all events ._.

Like, only reason for me not to come. €10 entry fee is high enough why do you need me to participate in all these games I don't play?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
You don't have to participate in all 4 events, you just have to pay for all 4. Think about it, it's 10€ per day (30€ for everything). That's a good price for a tournament of this size!

And because everyone has to pay for everything, the pots will be high too, as long as many people go to this, no matter which game they want to participate in! AND you can enter whatever you like!
That's a win-win for everyone!

Also, this tournament kinda has the goal to unite the two (Well + PM its three) communities in one big event. It's only productive that way, if everyone can enter everything, which many people probably will, because it's "kinda free" for them, as they have to pay for everything anyway.

Would you enter Melee or PM if you have to pay extra for it? Probably no. Do you enter Melee/PM now that you have to pay it anyway? I'm not sure if you will, but most likely many people will do that, because they don't have anything to loose by doing that, and why not?

I can understand where you are coming from, but it was decided since otherwise the melee and brawl folks would just be like two communities in house. This way there might be more interaction between the communities, which is one of the main goals of this event, that's also why PM is the Main Event (With Singles AND Doubles) since both communities are new to this game (Even though it's obvious that Melee people have an advantage in that game xD)

I hope it's a bit more clear now, and you can understand it, even though may still not fully agree on this :3

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I'm sorry Andy but your reasoning is unsound. I don't want to participate in Melee or PM regardless of whether I pay for it or not. I don't play these games and there's no point for me to get roflstomped. It's not a win-win situation because I'm paying for events that don't cover my range of interest. €30 is not a good price, I'm pretty sure I'd pay something similar for bloody Apex. In fact, after BBI it'd be the most expensive tournament I've had the pleasure of participating in throughout my Smash career in Europe.

As is, I'm not going to come :/

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Well I can understand you, but you shouldnt forget, that this ISNT a brawl tournament, and that this event is to unite the community, so the best case is if everyone enters everything, which would never happen if you can choose, this way the pots also get kinda big, without the need to raise the Entrys. Originally the costs for each individual Event were higher, but now they are all lowered and equally 5€. 50 people that pay 10€ is the same as 100 people that only pay 5€, and this way, you can participate both games, which was one of the main goals of this event, to create more interaction between the communities :)

And think about it, if you go to a movie, you can also not only pay for the first half and halt the costs, just because you dont care about the other half or vice versa. You can do this with many examples. See this event as a whole. You pay 30€ for the event, don't think about paying for stuff you don't want to. Everyone has to pay the 30€ and then you can decide on your own what you want to participate and what not.

But as said, I still understand you, but nevertheless I hope you rethink it, and may decide to come :)

oakfur

Smash Rookie
What's the player count now?

And is there a deadline for registration?

Top Bottom