• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singles Meetups in Northern VA

Gun Nac

Smash Rookie
Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with this board so this is probably in the wrong place. If a moderator could migrate it rather than shutting the thread down that would be appreciated.

Hey, I am an old school player who has been out of the scene for like 10 years. I have been looking for local tournaments/meetups via google but have been relatively unsuccessful. I remember Chu's meetups from back in the day and I played in a tournament level group out of Manassas VA at that time. I was wondering if anyone here is NVA and can help me find matches. Also, I remember something called Team Fairfax (or something like that), which was like a semi-pro group that I played with on a couple occassions. On the off chance anyone remembers me I was a Doc Mario main and played some Peach and Marth in the Manassas group around 2007-2009.

Thanks

DecentDuck

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
Hey, I Live around the NOVA area and play smash ultimate. If you have the new game It would be cool to get some games in.

Thanks

Gun Nac

Smash Rookie
Hey, I Live around the NOVA area and play smash ultimate. If you have the new game It would be cool to get some games in.

Thanks
Thanks for your reply. I am interested in Melee. Anyway, if you are interested or anyone else sees this: There is a place called The Cave in FFX, near Mason that does Melee starting at like 4 PM on Mondays. That seems to be where the scene is mostly at.

Bob bomb

Smash Rookie
Most people organize Melee events on Facebook nowadays. I recommend that you join the MD/VA Melee group on Facebook. There are weekly Melee events at The Cave in Fairfax, VA on Mondays, GMU has weekly events on Fridays with free entry, and there are some weekend tournaments coming up soon including Pound 2019.

SummerSmashTournament

Smash Rookie
I know you’re interested in finding a melee scene, but I thought I’d just mention an upcoming tournament in Winchester, Va on Aug. 17th. It’s an Ultimate tournament it’ll have a decent turn out

Top Bottom