• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Single Nanner Lock Setups (Vid)

Boofy!

Smash Champion
They are all legit, but not unavoidable.. You can tech out of being pushed off a platform in your shield (obv) the glide attack one isn't a guaranteed follow-up if it's spaced (I think) and the JC'd one from the double nana lock idk about. And as for the last clip, if your talking about the ledge cancelled MFK to spike.. we DO use that.. if your talking about the banana pluck to nana lock.. that's just silly ;P

Edit: well as far as the first one i guess it's just a matter of getting the D-throw in that instant after they hit the ground, but before they tech away. which i don't think is impossible.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Some moves you can't tech (or do anything) out of when you get hit off a platform while shielding. I don't think that Diddy's Fair is one of them, but I know that if you hit them with a banana off the ledge they can't tech it. Wario's Uair is a good example of this.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If you can't tech a drop off a platform, you can pretty much always perform a move before you hit the floor to make you lag instead of going to the floor.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Note to self:

Never let Diddy hit me with a banana when he can pick up another banana.

Ever.

Jump in the air before you ever let that happen.
Blow yourself up.
Do SOMETHING.

Because reverse JCT down throw banana to infinite.
Is just stupid.

Player-1

Smash Legend
If you can't tech a drop off a platform, you can pretty much always perform a move before you hit the floor to make you lag instead of going to the floor.
???

I just got done explaining that some moves (or it might be char dependent, i'm not 100% sure or both) will give you enough stun if when you're in your shield that you can't do ANYTHING WHATSOEVER. Diddy's banana do this when you throw it and they slip on it (this one actually isn't out of shield since the slip wouldn't push them off the platform).

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
***** i INVENTED side b cancelling to spike. you best get out of your closet and watch some ADHD or me

banana-jump and throw down won't work unless it's GNW or pika but the infinite is stupid on pikachu and we **** that character anyways

ADHD

Smash Hero
I invented side b to spike forever ago, noobs.

Knew that **** in 2003 before brawl came out.

Player-1

Smash Legend
***** i INVENTED side b cancelling to spike. you best get out of your closet and watch some ADHD or me

banana-jump and throw down won't work unless it's GNW or pika but the infinite is stupid on pikachu and we **** that character anyways
you do realize that pikachu has the same trip frame data as most of the cast right?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yo ADHD I'm liking your avatar

anyways: If DFears method works then there is no reason Diddy players shouldn't be pulling off the infinite at least once per set on certain characters.

Vega4

Smash Ace
I need to master this ****in lock.
This can **** a lot of characters...

Sails

Smash Ace
I did it without baiting it in friendlies at a smashfest two days ago. One was on a Snake that dash attacked under me after I short hopped and I initiated it, gave him like 50% and killed him. Then again on an MK where I did the glide toss to short hop setup. So yeah, just keep practicing it and eventually it'll just happen.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I was on Youtube, and a saw a video of perfect shield canceling. Could we PSC tornado and throw a banana and potentially get an infinite from double banana lock? That is, if there was a second banana in the right place.
I'm not really sure on frame data and the sort, so I thought I should ask.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
LOL I find this hilarious because I wouldn't of even known about it if you hadn't posted that video about the Japanese player doing it
I definitely see the usefulness of the infinite. However, for me, I don't really see the technique making any difference/allowing me to win match ups I wouldn't otherwise already win. It would take to much time to learn the infinite/get it down 100% when I'm simply trying to learn a different character now to deal with my personal bad match ups.

Sails

Smash Ace
Hmm... I was on Youtube, and a saw a video of perfect shield canceling. Could we PSC tornado and throw a banana and potentially get an infinite from double banana lock? That is, if there was a second banana in the right place.
I'm not really sure on frame data and the sort, so I thought I should ask.
No, because MK is in the air during tornado.

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
You'd have to have another naner at your disposal. It might be a setup if you hit them out of the nado and trip them with the other naner and follow it up with the infinite.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I tried the Dfear setup in friendlies. You have to space kinda close in order to get it, otherwise they can just roll away. Personally, the pick up for the 2nd banana slows me down.

Top Bottom