• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Single hit Nair/sour spot fair to grab

Comraderose

Smash Rookie
Hey all I can't seem to find info on connecting these moves into grab. I've seen M2k and other players able to extend combos using these but having a hard time finding what percent and match ups these work?
It seems like single hit Nair works better on FFs and sour spot fair works better on heavy/mid weights.
Any help appreciated

floppy1000

Smash Rookie
I know this is a pretty late response, but considering nobody's given you a reply I thought I'd chime in.

I find first hit nair into regrab works on almost the entire cast. Finding the appropriate set up to hit the single hit nair in the first place has been the tough part for me.

The most common setup for single hit nair that I've found is rising fair into falling single hit nair (like double short hop fair, except with nair second). Weight and fallspeed will determine whether or not you want to tip the fair.

I personally wouldn't use non-tipped fair into regrab. Against fast fallers that are trying to approach, tipper fair into regrab works at low %. Useful against Fox, Falcon. Not very useful against any good Falco. You'll just eat a laser in the face trying to set up a falling fair.
If they're not in a position to get tipped by the fair, I would either do tomahawk or falling uair regrab. Has more conversions. Falling uair converts into rising fair, rising uair, utilt, dtilt, regrab, side b, fsmash, ftilt, rising dair.............

Top Bottom