• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Single-Button Mode Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yoshi is good because he's one of the chars who don't get ***** from not having use of up-b for recovery, like Jiggs.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
For some reason, Version 1.1 (the version I have) allows you to use the C-stick in single button mode. For that reason, I think the tier list would look like this:

Marth
Peach
Jigglypuff
Sheik
Yoshi

High Tier
Ganondorf
Falcon
Samus
Mewtwo
Luigi
Fox

Middle Tier
Kirby
Ice Climbers
Dr. Mario
Mario
Ness
Donkey Kong
Mr. Game & Watch

Low Tier
Zelda
Pikachu
Young Link
Link
Falco

Bottom Tier
Bowser
Pichu

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
whoever's saying Falco's no good in single button mode doesn't know what they're talking about. no shields/techs = busted *** Falco combos. Also, his dair -> dtilt counters many of the CC dsmash strategies in single button mode (Peach, Samus, Sheik, Marios).

He also has a high double jump and generally bad B recovery moves so his recovery doesn't lose as much as many others (Fox).

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
fox can dd camp into jc u-smash and do awesome fox combos after u-smash or just resume dd camping

he can also walk around and u-tilt

that's got to be worth something amirite

mogwai there's no l-cancel in single button mode iirc how is falco linking moves after his dair is there really enough stun to combo without l-cancel or do you mean you'll launch them and then do stuff

don't tell me fh ff autocancel dair works :urg:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
No but srsly how does Falco combo in single-button mode from Dair?

Aside from FJ FF Dair (autocancel) and variations with double jump, he can't do much and his FJ is slow and I don't even think he combos well from it because they'll escape stun too fast unless they're at medium percent. Peach will still be able to crouch D-smash for a long while.

Dair having lag is painful for Falco D:

Being able to SH autocancel Bair is pretty good though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Marth's combos are stupid as **** in single button.

Knock over Nair --> Dash attack is so ****ing stupid holy ****.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
My first response was going to be how the high second jump is offset by his fall speed and poor horizontal air movement, but since 1.1's single button mode allows the C-stick, it's probably not that much of an issue thanks to double stick DI.

Also, Marth's fair, nair, and fsmash out ranges just about everyone else's A attacks.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
who has time for this?lol.....

chuck norris tier- fox
god tier-sheik
top tier- jiggs, marth.
dont bother tier- everyone else

taking away roys ded is like taking away his balls

unknown522

Some guy
marth is soo broken.

peach is more gay. You get d-smashed off the stage and you go in reverse. There's no way to recover, unless you're puff.

Puff is ******** in single button. She can't get gimped / edgeguarded. Her b-air is still awesome.

peach vs pichu for 10 - 0 matchup in single button mode.

he can't do anything.
I whole-heartedly agree with this statement

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Marth's Bair turning him around is actually pretty helpful here. He can grab the edge from Peach D-smash and protect himself :D

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Yoshi can CC dtilt them off the stage, and EASILY EDGEHOG WIT HHIS DOUBLE JUMP. Not the mention, he hstill has DJC. OMG **** **** THIS CHARACTER'S DUMB.

Yoshi's dtilt is worse than Fox's Shine.

I don't think CF would be messed up that bad. DD camp into Nair -> Uair -> Knee seems legit and no one would probably deal with it.

Jiggs is busted though.

Rappster

Smash Ace
mewtwo improves humongeously.
utilt juggle, huge second jump, harder to combo.
dsmash edgeguard

edit: Single button mode tournament!!!!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yoshi can CC dtilt them off the stage, and EASILY EDGEHOG WIT HHIS DOUBLE JUMP. Not the mention, he hstill has DJC. OMG **** **** THIS CHARACTER'S DUMB.

Yoshi's dtilt is worse than Fox's Shine.

I don't think CF would be messed up that bad. DD camp into Nair -> Uair -> Knee seems legit and no one would probably deal with it.

Jiggs is busted though.
Falcon's inability to L-cancel makes his Nair not combo.

SH Bair and DD SH Bair --> combo is pretty legit though.

Mewtwo is horrible. He has DJCs but no wavedash, no shield, is a humongous target, and no shadow ball approach. Marth and many others can really just stand in place and do hitbox moves and laugh at him.

Smash Master
peach vs pichu for 10 - 0 matchup in single button mode.

he can't do anything.
Are you sure? I've managed to avoid being d-smashed by nairing them after getting a running start. Pichu has Falcon-like aerial mobility, and he lands out of d-smash range.

Seems like shff uair would work in a pinch anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom