• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sing Uses

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I barely touched sing but I would like to know if there are any actual uses for it. It'd be nice to have another move other than her current limited set.

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
Sing is EXTREMELY situational, and cant really be thrown out in neutral game or for punishing, or anything really. Most of puffs combos are in the air, so you can't exactly combo into it. Considering it can be shielded, you cant apply shield pressure with it either. The only use I've seen for it is hopping up off of ledge, sing, and then regrabbing ledge while falling, which can work in some situation, like if a character is charging a slow move at ledge to edge guard you (Dedede's forward smash) but this is easily punished, so there aren't many uses for the move as it stands. Which, is sort of understandable, considering it gives you a free rest, but then again you can generally mash out of the sleep before the animation is over, so it's still not good. I've been able to catch some people with it when they aren't expecting, but that's not a good strategy to rely on.

Mizter Ultimaman

Smash Cadet
I barely touched sing but I would like to know if there are any actual uses for it. It'd be nice to have another move other than her current limited set.
I know of TWO uses for it.

The first is letting go of the ledge, air-jumping, singing, and ledge-grabbing, and repeating. I didn't think of this one. I see Jiggs players do it all the time (in spite of it being extremely situational; probably just a tech move spammed for the fun of it).

The second one is one I made up while considering how to face Marth (of all the disjointedhitbox/sword fighters, I consider Marth as the scariest), which is applicable to all characters (but mainly Marth). When he recovers, if he needs to do his up-special to recover, grab the ledge. He will land on the ground. (If he tries to grab the ledge while you're still there, he gets ledge-hogged.) When Marth lands after landing his UpSpecial, he has EXTREME landing lag which cannot be L-cancelled. In this time, let go of the ledge & air jump (or just jump straight off the ledge if he went very far to the centre of the stage), and sing. Because the landing lag of the attack is so high, you'll get a chance to get the first hitbox of Sing on the Marth.

The second option works on all characters which have high landing lag, but it's only reliable on Marth when he does his UpSpecial

Top Bottom