• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Since Bosses can come out of AT what if Waluigi was the Ultimate boss?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My thoughts have always been that being an AT doesnt mean the character could not also be playable.
The logic behind replacing a stage character, which *should*disqualify a character but clearly does not, makes the above statement even more true in my eyes.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Don’t think Sakurai would make Waluigi into a final boss just because of memes.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
My thoughts have always been that being an AT doesnt mean the character could not also be playable.
The logic behind replacing a stage character, which *should*disqualify a character but clearly does not, makes the above statement even more true in my eyes.
I think it's more complicated to work out an AT to Playable character than a BG element to Playable. Plus, I believe Sakurai himself said that AT was a fully valid and acceptable way to represent characters. Not to burst any bubbles, but I still believe characters that are ATs are still out of the running.

As for Waluigi as a boss, it seems unlikely to me. Going be previous and current bosses, they have always been large, imposing and fit with a variety of attacks that wouldn't translate to a moveset. Waluigi doesn't really seem to have enough going for him to play that role.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll be actually honest as unlikely as this is. I'd actually laugh if this happened. :laugh:

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Don’t think Sakurai would make Waluigi into a final boss just because of memes.
This. Being pathetic, worthless, and overlooked is a core facet of Waluigi as a character. Heck, Waluigi was ostensibly the main antagonist in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, but he was the boss of world 1 and promptly got upstaged by Wario and Bowser. Making Waluigi the final boss would go against everything Waluigi represents. He is the perpetual butt-monkey and underdog.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This. Being pathetic, worthless, and overlooked is a core facet of Waluigi as a character. Heck, Waluigi was ostensibly the main antagonist in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, but he was the boss of world 1 and promptly got upstaged by Wario and Bowser. Making Waluigi the final boss would go against everything Waluigi represents. He is the perpetual butt-monkey and underdog.
Know what would be funny? They make Waluigi out to be this seemingly challenging boss and once you face him as a joke. Upon hitting him once he's defeated. Kind of like the Electrocutioner in Batman: Arkham Origins or Mysterio in one of the Spider-Man games. :joyful:

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Tabuu reveals his true identity after his defeat. It was Waluigi the whole time.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think it's more complicated to work out an AT to Playable character than a BG element to Playable. Plus, I believe Sakurai himself said that AT was a fully valid and acceptable way to represent characters. Not to burst any bubbles, but I still believe characters that are ATs are still out of the running.

As for Waluigi as a boss, it seems unlikely to me. Going be previous and current bosses, they have always been large, imposing and fit with a variety of attacks that wouldn't translate to a moveset. Waluigi doesn't really seem to have enough going for him to play that role.
Oh, it is certainly more difficult to take out an AT from rotation if the character is on screen.
It doesn't mean he cannot be done.
And if a character has a role as a boss and an item, then we have set the standard for dual roles.

It isnt about ATs not being a valid representation, its that as of right now, Sakurai has not said it disqualifies a character.

Has it been done before? No. Could it be done? Yes.

But I'm not gonna get into this taboo topic.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Waluigi being a boss is great. I don't want to rely on ATs to kick his butt out of the arena.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Oh, it is certainly more difficult to take out an AT from rotation if the character is on screen.
It doesn't mean he cannot be done.
And if a character has a role as a boss and an item, then we have set the standard for dual roles.

It isnt about ATs not being a valid representation, its that as of right now, Sakurai has not said it disqualifies a character.

Has it been done before? No. Could it be done? Yes.

But I'm not gonna get into this taboo topic.
It's ok, I do see where you're coming from. I just recall him saying something along the lines of NPC roles being a satisfactory way of representing some characters in one of those Smash 4 interviews. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm going by. Ridley proves he is able to change his mind on some of his long running views.

Top Bottom