• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Simply Smashing!" - Super Smash Bros Event - December 22nd, 2013 - Grand Rapids, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice

Hello everyone!

On Sunday, December 22nd, GrandLAN will be hosting a Super Smash Bros friendlies event! We could potentially run a bracket on the side if people would like to. Bring your buddies and come play your favorite smash bros title!

*Be a cool cat and RSVP! : )

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Sunday, December 22nd 1pm-5pm
Venue Fee: $5

*6 Setups will be provided, but please, BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER(S)!*

*Everyone is welcome and encouraged to bring their own setup for any smash bros title they wish!*

I will be bringing setups for the following: 3 setups for Melee, 2 setups for Project M 3.0, 1 setup for N64 smash.

*PARKING: is right behind the GrandLAN building, and is free!

*GrandLAN Gaming Center: 56 Division Ave N, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
(616) 975-7911

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
In order to guarantee timely game play, I am providing my own setups for a Melee singles bracket. I understand there has been an interest in both Project M and N64 Smash Bros. If attendees want to bring setups for these games, they are more than welcome, and if enough people bring them, you guys could potentially have a prize pool for those games. I am only one person, and therefore I am personally focusing my resources for this particular event on SSB Melee.

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
me and my friend are there. and if it becomes weekly i will try to join all those events too. i will bring PM and brawl for those who want to play that. if its okay too.

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
it should be alright. all im concerned with knowing now is the time it starts and ends if ya dont mind. im contacting more pals and seeing if they can come too.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
it should be alright. all im concerned with knowing now is the time it starts and ends if ya dont mind. im contacting more pals and seeing if they can come too.
Yes, the tournament starts at 3 p.m. and will run until 6 or 7, but if we need extra time, we have the okay for a few more hours. Sign ups are between 2pm-3pm.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Didn't know this was a thing until just now and I have been planning a MTG draft on this day for a while now. Best of luck to everyone.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Hello!

I hope you guys make it out to GrandLAN today! I am looking forward to meeting you all, and playing some smash! Just a reminder that the tournament starts at 3pm. Registration is from 2pm-3pm. The venue fee is $5 and the entry fee for SSBM singles is $5. The winnings will be split 55/30/15 for 1st/2nd/3rd place.

I will be bringing 5 complete melee setups for the event. Anyone else is more than welcome to bring their own setup for melee, or any other smash title.

See you there : )

qwetroop

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
4457-0955-2788
This was my first melee tournament, and I have to say, it was pretty amazing. All the attendees were friendly, and there were plenty of setups for both the bracket matches and friendlies. Thanks for a great tournament guys, I hope I can make it out to the next one!

Epok

Smash Ace
This was my first melee tournament, and I have to say, it was pretty amazing. All the attendees were friendly, and there were plenty of setups for both the bracket matches and friendlies. Thanks for a great tournament guys, I hope I can make it out to the next one!

I'm glad you had a good time :) . It's nice to know that everybody had fun, new or vet. We wanna keep people coming back so I'm looking forward to playing with you again.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
( I would have posted this sooner, but I was unable to access the smashboards for a few days )

Hello!

I want to thank everyone who came out, and made Saturday a success! What a great turnout for our first event! I want to thank everyone for their patience with the delay of getting the bracket started. This was my first time (obviously) organizing an event. Saturday has taught me exactly what is needed to make an event run efficiently. I assure you guys that our next event will run much smoother.

I also want to give a BIG thank you to Russell Williams for all of his help and hard work. This guy is awesome! I intended to have an app for brackets, but my laptop did not have the correct program I needed. I have never set up a bracket by hand before, and Russell came to the rescue with that. The event would have been a disaster without his help. THANK YOU RUSSELL!

A special thanks to my friends Corey and Ethan who helped me move some heavy ****!

Congratulations to Brenton Fowler for winning the SSBM singles bracket!

I will be planning another event for the near future. I am thinking that we may host friendlies on a weekly basis, and tournaments once or twice a month. This way you guys only have to pay the $5 venue fee for friendlies, and we can all bring out our setups and play as much smash bros (of any title) as we want. I will still be able to provide at least 4-5 setups no matter what.

I also want to hear what you guys want to do! We could plan events for any smash title that you guys want! We could also have a friendlies event for the release of Project M 3.0... that would be cool, right?

So once again, thank you everyone, and expect a new event to be posted soon!

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
i had a great time. thanks for hosting. i would also try to make it to any friendlies. any excuse to play with some more people. are these friendlies gonna be posted here? the newest project m update is around the corner. we could have a party for that.not much time this month considering holidays to do alot. but ill keep my ear out for events of any sort.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
i had a great time. thanks for hosting. i would also try to make it to any friendlies. any excuse to play with some more people. are these friendlies gonna be posted here? the newest project m update is around the corner. we could have a party for that.not much time this month considering holidays to do alot. but ill keep my ear out for events of any sort.
I will most likely post for friendlies here. If that changes I will make a note of that on this page with a link.

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
New event posted (at top of thread) : )

i will be there. my pal will be too. ill try to round up some people as well. ill bring my tv and melee and project m setups. this time around i might actually get to have a match with your jigglypuff if the this is the kung fu headband puff i think it is. i didnt get to fight ya last time. im looking forward to smashing n_n

powerfox112

Smash Cadet
cant wait to smash with you. whats your title and main?
for melee my main is fox,link, and marth. for brawl its sonic and ike. for project m its alot of mains.
I actually haven't thought of a tag yet, I'm bad at thinking of names. My mains in melee are Marth and Peach, and in PM I really like Lucas and Roy, but I like to mix it up and use pretty much everyone.

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
I actually haven't thought of a tag yet, I'm bad at thinking of names. My mains in melee are Marth and Peach, and in PM I really like Lucas and Roy, but I like to mix it up and use pretty much everyone.
Cool a peach. Dont fight good peaches often. sweetness. my tag is haru_z. ive heard of crazy tags so come up with anyone ya want. ive heard of tag that are just grand puns to make everyone laugh

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
i will be there. my pal will be too. ill try to round up some people as well. ill bring my tv and melee and project m setups. this time around i might actually get to have a match with your jigglypuff if the this is the kung fu headband puff i think it is. i didnt get to fight ya last time. im looking forward to smashing n_n
Yeah, I was the ninja puff : ) I am looking forward to playing with you as well !

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Wait.. is there a Melee tournament at this or just friendlies?
We could have a bracket on the side if people would like to. I decided to organize this as mainly a friendlies event so that everyone gets a chance to play a lot more than only a few matches; mainly because people did not get to play that much at the tourney last time. The next event I host will be directed towards a tourney.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
I will be here. From a TO standpoint, not hosting PM singles is a big mistake. I hope to see it next event.
We could have a bracket on the side if people would like to. I decided to organize this as mainly a friendlies event so that everyone gets a chance to play a lot more than only a few matches; mainly because people did not get to play that much at the tourney last time. The next event I host will be directed towards a tourney.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Okay sounds good. I would run pools so people get more matches.

I may or may not stop by on the 22nd, depends on my schedule that day.

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
Okay sounds good. I would run pools so people get more matches.

I may or may not stop by on the 22nd, depends on my schedule that day.

I hope you do. id like to try my luck on all smashers. best way to learn and have a blast.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone!

I hope you guys make it out today for the Super Smash Bros friendlies party! We are going to have N64 Smash, Melee, and Project M 3.0. We also may have a tournament bracket if there are enough people who would like to do that.

Reminders:
The event runs from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
The venue fee is only $5
Please bring your own controller(s)
Setups will be provided, but bring a setup for your favorite smash game if you can!

SuperSonic7523

Smash Rookie
NNID
Supersonic7523
3DS FC
0001-3793-6683
Is this an every week thing now, I might want to go because I just bought a new controller and would love to try it here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom