• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't think I'd get excited since Verg and Nintendo themselves spoiled the Simon reveal

But they went and had Richter as well.

That was something I didn't expect.

Apparently Richter is the Japanese favorite Belmont. He's mine too. I kinds of feel like a weeb now.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
WE DID IT BOYS! Looks like I'll need to finish Super Castlevania IV to celebrate!! Richter was a welcomed surprise!

Oddball

Smash Lord
Well, that's it. My Number 2 choice for a Smash bros character have been added.

Awesome.

And now I have to update my ranker list to remove a few characters.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Congratulations all. I wasn't an active Simon supporter, but when it comes to third parties I'm completely on-board with any iconic character with a big impact on video games, and Simon certainly fits the bill.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I didn't get a good look at the music selection. Is Dracula's battle from SCIV in? I was listening to that and other Castlevania songs last night!

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Man, I didn't even know I'd be excited for Simon until finally HE WAS REVEALED!!! And Even Richter as a surprise that threw me off guard so much but I am happy.

I have to say Congratulations people who supported this thread, I am happy you got your wish. You even got Richter as an option too Castlevania Fans!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dropping to say congrats; Super Castlevania IV is one of my favorite games ever, so having Simon is hype af.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
About time something I wanted came to fruition.

Smash Ultimate: A game for the fans.

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
YES
RICHTER
AND SIMON
AS SEPARATE CHARACTERS
IN THE SAME TRAILER

HOW
WHAT
WHY

I DON'T KNOW

BUT IT'S WHAT THIS SERIES AND US DESERVE <3

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Congrats to you guys, I must say his moveset looks quite nice and it sweet to see fighters with unique weapons again.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Simon looks so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!! and we get RICHTER?! and Alucard assist, and a beautiful stage. AND ALL THAT MUSIC!!!!

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Looks like we got both Simon and Richter. We got them both everyone.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I like that he doesn't look like a lame anime character. *coughtJudgementcough*

Last edited:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to admit, I was very neutral on Simon as a character, and didn't believe that he would be getting in considering the fact that we already have Snake as a Konami rep and didn't think Nintendo would want to pay even more money to them for licenses. Seeing him in action during the Direct however turned me around and now I'm gonna be taking that L with a smile on my face. Congratulations guys!

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Congrats! Was so happy to not only see this, but tell one of my best friends about it. The amount of love Castlevania's getting with the music and everything is hella surreal too.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Unghhhh he seems so fun to play as!!! I mean i loved robin, so im okay with no sheik frame data and super zoning tools <3 defintely i will try my earnest to main him.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I never posted here before, but Simon Belmont is a great character and Castlevania is a legendary series. I wanted to stop by and say congrats. Simon Belmont and Richter both look amazing.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Dropping by to give a shout out to everyone here and say congrats on Simon confirmed. Both him and Richter look amazing.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I made a list with all the music asap !

At first I was disappointed that Reincarnated Soul didn't make it and still sort of am, but then I saw that Awake, Cross Your Heart and Iron Blue Intention did. This game's soundtrack just got much better.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Size. Simon is considerably bigger.

It looks to me like Richter falls into the small but faster style echo.
Echos don't have different hitboxes on them, and they have the same speed. The animations do make them look a bit different though. Richter 'looks' faster because of some animations.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
I am sad that Heart of Fire didn't make it, but seeing Simon's Theme, Bloodlines, Slash, Castle Dracula and more, it is not much of a lose i think, :p

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
The amount of Castelvania love on disaply here is astounding. Simon and Richter look amazing, and Dracula's Castle is just sooooo good. Plus a lot of music.

What an incredible morning to have a direct.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
There were so many amazing moments in Simon's trailer:

-All the bosses as stage hazards. What?!
-Richter as an Echo. What?!!
-34 music tracks. WHAAAAAAAT???!!!

We had to wait a while, but this series made its Smash debut with a bang unlike any other.

Siggy88

Smash Apprentice
A congratulations of the highest degree is in order. All NES all stars are now here!

NOW WE ARE TRULY PLAYING WITH POWER. ULTIMATE POWER!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Congrats Castlevania fans!

Especially @Tord the Red Leader he's been following Vergeben like a hawk, hoping is most wanted got in, with his favorite look. And you got your wish, plus much more (and K. Rool!)

Blessed Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom