• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
This could be a troll move guys. The fact that only the title changed for the Galaga Medley seems like someone is screwing around. Until it's confirmed otherwise, we shouldn't consider this solid proof.
The link comes directly from the official Smash Bros. site. The title has also been corrected. The simple fact is somebody on Nintendo's side screwed up BIG TIME.

Simon Belmont's chances = 99.99%

In other words... I'm not only getting my most wanted newcomer since Brawl (uknowwho), but I'm getting my Smash Ballot pick as well! :)

The sun will rise on a new era for the Belmont Clan... but tonight WE PARTY UNDER THE PALE MOON!!

MattX20

Smash Hero
This "troll move" would cost this employee their job.

It's not the first time this has happened. Recall Roy and Ryu in the datamine. Or that Lucario's icon was on the sticker mode screenshot in the Brawl Dojo.
Datamining only happened because the game was already out by that point, and Ultimate still isn't. The other one was admitedly some incompetence. However, we mustn't fall victim to any potential false leaks like the Gematsu leak.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Welp, my favorite realistic choice for any Smash game has pretty much been confirmed to make it in. My body is ready.

Burigu

Smash Ace
If this is a Castlevania character semiconfirmation, why does the video use the generic music note, instead of the obvious Castlevania logo that comes with music with playable characters? Don't want to ruin hype or anything but everyone is missing this detail

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
*BLOODY TEARS INTENSIFIES*

Thundross

Smash Rookie
If this is a Castlevania character semiconfirmation, why does the video use the generic music note, instead of the obvious Castlevania logo that comes with music with playable characters? Don't want to ruin hype or anything but everyone is missing this detail
Because the video is still the Galaga medley one, it was just accidentally renamed.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well Simon is in; if there was any doubt after the aforementioned leaks (there shouldn't have been), there aren't any now.

Only question is this a wonderful morning for a reveal

Or if we must wait more

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
because it's the galaga medley. the only castlevania part was the title.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be funny if Sakurai was all along hinting to Simon when he said his eyes may look red on the direct?

Bloody Tears and all...

Burigu

Smash Ace
Oh I see thank you both for clearing that up to me. Hope this becomes real for you guys!

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The title was a leak that it's real.

Still can't believe like all the main characters of all the old Super Nintendo games I had back in the day are playable in the same Smash Bros games.

Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser/Yoshi from Mario World
DK and Diddy from Donkey Kong Country
Samus and Ridley from Super Metroid
Ryu from Street Fighter II
Mega Man from Mega Man 7
Simon Belmont from Super Castlevania IV

Only "main character" missing is Crono from Chrono Trigger

5 year old me is SCREAMING right now in hype :laugh:

Me over 2 decades later is SCREAMING too though haha!!!

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
The song leak has given me and probably a lot of other people a lot of hope for Simon Belmont. If Simon Belmont is in the game what do you think he'll look like? He has never really had a consistent design, but a part of me thinks he'll be 8-bit like he was in Harmony of Despair. I also wonder what other Castlevania characters will show up. Dracula is almost certainly a given but I have a feeling that we'll see Death as maybe an Assist Trophy along with classic enemies like Skeletons, Axe Armor, Ledge Bats, and of course Medusa Heads.

At the very least we probably got Bloody Tears which is a great song.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226

Sakurai even hinted of a Castlevania rep few days prior. Red eyes.....bloody tears...

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
What do you imagine the Bloody Tears remix will sound like?
Personally from the leaked song I'm willing to bet that it's just an 8-Bit remix of the day and night themes of Castlevania 2. Of course if Bloody Tears doesn't get it's own song then that is a problem.

StormC

Smash Hero
I never said it did? It's unlisted right now (not "officially posted") but you can still access it is my point. That's what is important because we all now know it exists.
It's literally the Galaga remix though. Just renamed Bloody Tears. Your post implied the remix itself was hype even though you couldn't hear it. :p

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
It's literally the Galaga remix though. Just renamed Bloody Tears. Your post implied the remix itself was hype even though you couldn't hear it. :p
Ohhh, now I understand where the confusion came from, lol. No, that's not what I meant at all. I just meant that it was hype that it confirmed we'll eventually see Simon Belmont and eventually hear Bloody Tears in Smash. I knew it was still the Galaga remix.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm assuming this Bloody Tears remix will play in the Simon trailer.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
I remember back in Smash 4, I really wanted Simon cause I realized how perfect he would be, but without Konami's involvement there was no chance.
As soon as I saw Snake, AND THEN Bomberman as an Assist Trophy, I knew it was finally his time. Konami seems much more involved.
Congrats!

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
As a K. Rool supporter and an aspiring Castlevania player, I'd like to wish you guys luck on this being a legitimate screw-up on Nintendo's part. I can't say I'd want my big-boned king to be revealed in the same way, but I'm happy that Simon may be in the game and I look forward to familiarizing myself with his series in the future.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think we're underestimating the amount of epicness we're getting with Simon.

Just imagine the Stage. A gorgeous Blood Moon Background overseeing Dracula's Castle in spectacular, gothic fashion while Mario, Link, Mega Man, Ryu, Pac-Man, Cloud, Snake, and Simon all run about.

Imagine the Music. The gorgeous piano melodies merged with brain melting metal rifts and sorrowful violin strings.

Imagine the Gameplay. Our first EVER whip user. A character that defies every other character on the roster. The only thing that's ever come close to something like Simon is Melee and Brawl Sheik's side B. Simon is going to stand out among all of these characters. All these legends.

Imagine the ****ing Codec and Palutena's Guidance conversations!

My god guys, this is it. This is finally it! I can't believe so many characters are here in Smash and now Simon is joining them.

I always said that for me, Snake was all I needed, everything else was icing. But that wasn't good enough. Sakurai just said **** it and dumped a whole 'nother cake on me and said "This is just the beginning."

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So relieved that Simon seems to be locked in! Absolutely a highly demanded character for me.
I am super curious to see how he‘s going to function!

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
My god, I'm so happy Simon is practically confirmed. He's always been in my Top 5 characters and my wish is finally coming in a few hours

I can't wait to see how he look, his moveset, the stage... I'm sure I'm gonna love it

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
In terms of design, are we expecting him to have both Classic and Chronicles design? I hope so.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
If we got both I'd be fine with that. I understand the history for his classic design but it still looks unfitting to me.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
In terms of design, are we expecting him to have both Classic and Chronicles design? I hope so.
Probably both, similar to the treatment Cloud and Bayonetta got where we got outfits of both (Ryu, Mega Man, Snake and Pac-Man got recent designs whereas Snake's is purely his MGS2 look).

I wouldn't rule out alt characters (similar to the Koopalings for Bowser Jr) either for the other Belmonts.

Would also expect Dracula to be a stage or adventure boss or an Assist Trophy character of some sort.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Like I said in the Ashley thread, a dual reveal of Ashley and Simon would get me sent straight down to the ER room. I can't wait for later on today.

winged hero

Smash Rookie
That would be cool if he got alt outfits. I could see that happening. A stage based off the first game needs to happen if he's in.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Man, it may have been an horrible night before the Smash Direct, but this is an amazing day to have a curse!
Simon is as much confirmed as it can be without being officialky revealed. Also that slip up means that most likely that Castlevania music will be released later today on the website, and I can't wait for an awesome new remix of Bloody Tears!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What a horrible night to have a leak indeed. Simon Belmont fans, regardless if Simon Belmont is in, congrats.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
I remember people predicting the music update before the direct would hint at a newcomer, and I guess they were right.
This probably isn't how anyone expected it to happen, though.
Anyway, congrats, guys.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

Sakurai even hinted of a Castlevania rep few days prior. Red eyes.....bloody tears...
I still don't understand though why this direct is geared towards Japanese viewers then when Simon nor any other Castlevania characters are even in their top ten.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I still don't understand though why this direct is geared towards Japanese viewers then when Simon nor any other Castlevania characters are even in their top ten.
We should consider that Sakurai wrote that in Japanese, so that's why he specifically pointed out that it is at a managable time.
For example Nintendo's E3 presentation was at 01:00 AM in Japan, so that might be why he pointed that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom