• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simna vs. Lord (May 2015)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Last edited:

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Just stopping by late to say I really enjoyed watching these, saw them on YT cause I've been going through my backlog of subscriptions (you are one, also that NE SS pizza delivery stream highlight was hilarious)

A more general statement but I feel like the whole overused DJC Dair thing will become quite terrible if Ness ever becomes common. There is a local Ness I get to play often and I use Ganon and just wait for him to FH (attack) and start the DJC Dair, then I just Up air every time. Then I juggle a jumpless Ness or get an easy edge-guard. You can also just WD to avoid and attack where the Ness will AC Dair land. It's not really even a mix up or option select since there isn't a fast retreat, alternate attack, or faint that can be used instead (except maybe a FF DJC Nair). It works often but only because it seems like a lot of people aren't actively thinking about the many easy options they have to punish it.

I think the future of Ness is to not be so predictable or foolhardy with the DJ in any scenario, most deaths are from getting knocked off early without DJ .

Last edited:

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Just stopping by late to say I really enjoyed watching these, saw them on YT cause I've been going through my backlog of subscriptions (you are one, also that NE SS pizza delivery stream highlight was hilarious)

A more general statement but I feel like the whole overused DJC Dair thing will become quite terrible if Ness ever becomes common. There is a local Ness I get to play often and I use Ganon and just wait for him to FH (attack) and start the DJC Dair, then I just Up air every time. Then I juggle a jumpless Ness or get an easy edge-guard. You can also just WD to avoid and attack where the Ness will AC Dair land. It's not really even a mix up or option select since there isn't a fast retreat, alternate attack, or faint that can be used instead (except maybe a FF DJC Nair). It works often but only because it seems like a lot of people aren't actively thinking about the many easy options they have to punish it.

I think the future of Ness is to not be so predictable or foolhardy with the DJ in any scenario, most deaths are from getting knocked off early without DJ .

The problem isnt the move. Its how its being used. Shine is an amazing move but if a person if just multishining in front of you you can still wreck them. If a Ness player is simply doing fullhop xair to DJ dair every time then they should expect to get beat eventually.

There are ways to beat the fullhop dair, but the methods for beating that don't beat other options Ness could be doing. For instance, dair comes out a little slow so people might like to meet ness in the air and hit him, uncontested, before dair comes out. If Ness nairs instead, however, they may run into it and get hit. Backing away and punishing from the front might also work out if Ness doesnt fair. Ness also still has aerial control during these events. He can, if he wishes, push aerials forward or pull them back to change up spacing.

Top Bottom