• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silent Wolf Retires from Smash

sw.jpg

On the 15th of January, 2018, Otto “Silent Wolf” Bisno announced his retirement from competing in Super Smash Bros Melee.

Silent Wolf has been involved with the competitive Smash Bros scenes for over a decade, with his first documented tourney appearance being at a tiny Washington state tourney, FD ONRY, all the way back in 2006. During Silent Wolf’s long Smash career, he became renowned for his high levels of technical mastery, especially with his main, Fox. In addition to Melee, he spent a brief amount of time competing in Super Smash Bros Brawl and Project M. Silent Wolf did not place in the 2017 MIOM SSBMRank, but he did make an appearance on the “Hidden Bosses” honorable mention list.

Some of his notable achievements include dominating the Washington Melee scene; high placings at multiple large tourneys including Apex 2015, GENESIS 3, and The Big House 6; and, in perhaps his most famous moment, helping to propel Jeffrey “Axe” Williamson to Melee stardom via a thrilling match at EVO 2014, where he also recorded a very respectable placing. Silent Wolf has stated that he will continue his streams, both Melee streams and others. His time in the Melee scene will be remembered fondly by many, and with any luck, he’ll find the work that he puts into his streaming in the future to be richly rewarded.

Emmett Williams

Comments

No ****ing way. That is a huuuge loss. Source?
It was being discussed during We Tech Those 3 on stream and in chat. It was also said that he was hospitalized at the time which was why he did not attend the tournament. Where they got this info I don't know, as he hasn't tweeted anything himself and I don't use Discord or anything like that to have seen an announcement otherwise. Perhaps there was a Reddit post about it or something.

It was being discussed during We Tech Those 3 on stream and in chat. It was also said that he was hospitalized at the time which was why he did not attend the tournament. Where they got this info I don't know, as he hasn't tweeted anything himself and I don't use Discord or anything like that to have seen an announcement otherwise. Perhaps there was a Reddit post about it or something.
OH NOOOOOOO. He is my favorite PM player :/

This line of retiring players seems a bit alarming. I hope it doesn't trend...
Think of the bright side! If it does trend, then we might see a whole new melee pantheon. While I do love the current top ten, it seems exiting to have new people in grand finals at majors.

Top Bottom