• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social *sigh* oh the life of a Zelda main [A new zelda discussion zone]

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
i'd imagine you're gonna want to jab, dsmash or shield his pills. i'd ban fd and try to control the platforms where hitting me with pills would be much harder. but doc still wins in this scenario because...well zelda sucks so you have to bait and trick him a lot.

so how do you guys play against falcon? i can't do it, it's too hard. at least i can gimp space animal players, trick them with oos options when they try to shine me to death and they can't punish me nearly as bad.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info guys. Me and my friend both are Peach mains but I play Doc and my friend plays Zelda as secondary characters and I'm teaching him how to play competitively. Any tips you guys give me I give to him basically. And I don't mind knowing stuff to bop Zelda either

Last edited:

Upke

Smash Journeyman
I feel you do significantly better against Falcon the faster your reactions are. From what I've seen and experienced, the best way to play the MU is to just wait on one side of the stage for his approaches. SH aerials should be kicked on reaction and grab attempts can be dash attacked. I edgeguard by preparing to dsmash at the ledge and if they go above me, I wait for them to land then upthrow kick. Sometimes when they recover as low as possible, it can be tricky to connect the dsmash, so I often use one dtilt to either meteor them or pop them up into a dsmash. I feel as though dtilt hits lower as I have more success with it, but I may just be bad at timing dsmash.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
unique edgeguard to try:

grab the ledge and force falcon to land on stage (like you're edgeguarding sheik). this will only work if falcon lands close to the ledge, so staying on stage for most of his recovery will psyche him out to go lower, where you will then grab ledge. once he lands on stage, ledge hop nair should send him behind you. and if you're fast enough, i think you could bair, fsmash or turn around dsmash. i think you could do this to a bunch of characters actually.

Thanks for the info guys. Me and my friend both are Peach mains but I play Doc and my friend plays Zelda as secondary characters and I'm teaching him how to play competitively. Any tips you guys give me I give to him basically. And I don't mind knowing stuff to bop Zelda either
the #1 tip i can give your friend is to practice peach more if he's just starting out. zelda is super hard to play. i wouldn't recommend your friend pick her up until he has at least a few months of peach experience. and by that i mean he play with a variety of competitive players semi regularly during that time.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
So yeah, I got one match on stream from Tipped Off 10, but it was really my Peach that pulled it out. Still, I guess I was able to hold my own with Zelda against one of the best Sheiks in GA. Zelda Sheik is ****ing hard.

Here's the set: http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios/b/570516982?t=2h41m
notes:

game 1
first stock was great. could've landed the edgeguard, but good nonetheless.
4:42:24 - trying to shield drop? or was that spot dodge on purpose? i feel like a re-occuring theme in this set is you getting stuck on a platform in shield with not many options of getting out. regardless, start incorporating that ****.
4:42:50ish - this is another thing that happens a lot throughout the set. you'll get put into a frame trap in your shield and try to beat out sheik, but she'll just ftilt. at least with the spacies the timing is really easy and it's more clear when to do oos stuff.
4:44:06ish - shield grabbing way too much. i actually try not to do it at all. it's a good mixup but like damn that **** looks unsafe.
4:44:19 - coming down with the nair a lot but it keeps getting beaten out. i do this a lot too and i often get punished for it. i'm thinking about trying to do the armada air dodge recovery more,
2:44:23 and 2:45:09 - it's situations like these where people just exploit a character like zelda's terrible approach options. they'll just wait for you to land throw out a laggy move. and if you don't throw out anything you can still get hit bad. all he did was wavedash back --> fully charged needle. all that could've been avoided by not approaching and going for control of the center more. maybe go top platform. one thing i've been trying to do lately to make my approaches better (aka avoid these terrible situations in the neutral) is incorporate running shield drops into my movement. basically allows me to drop through the platform and get something out faster than a normal platform drop, i can do it while moving, and it's super easy to control with zelda because of how slow she is. win win win.
2:46:30 - lol nice

game 2
first stock you kinda just got whacked. what did you ban instead of fd out of curiosity? for the first stock-and-a-half or so you kept doing the exact same oos option (bair/fair to nothing). there were several times where after doing a cross up bair or something on that sheik's shield you could've fair/bair'd them or wavedashed. it just looked like you were playing kind of on auto pilot.

the rest of the game: yeah **** fd lol

game 3
awwwww

Upke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think you're right in that a lot of my mistakes stem from challenging things OoS that I shouldn't/not being familiar with the shieldstun of some of Sheik's moves (that's why I would get some shield grabs instead of aerials). Unfortunately, I never play against Sheik so I don't have these very specific timings down.

That spot dodge at the beginning was indeed a failed shield drop. And yeah, I shield drop a lot. I probably opt to go onto platforms more than I need to, but it's really safe because I can shield drop after getting hit or react right as they waveland on to try to tomahawk, in which case I'm now below them. It only really starts becoming bad once they start baiting shield drops, which he wasn't.

Luckily, I don't need MU knowledge to downsmash with Peach. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mystic83

Smash Rookie
hi everyone

just popping in

long time reader of this board and long time zelda main. just started traveling to more events (i've played all zelda in 4ish decent sized events this year, and a dozen+ small events/weeklies, will be at big house)

realizing that the zelda boards are dead precisely because people like me who are playing her are just lurking

gijn

Smash Cadet
"If a hitbox stales below 1% damage (e.g. Samus Up B, Peach Up B, Zelda Forward Smash initial hits) hitlag is 0 frames, making SDI & Trajectory DI impossible (1.0, 1.1 NTSC)"

:( dem PAL hurts my fsmash is useless if people know they can just DI up. Felt the pain last tourney where some frame warrior knew about this difference and proceeded to tell everyone about it ;(

random point I sometimes stream on twitch.tv/gijn zelda tech and friendlies with UK people. no saved broadcasts or highlights currently but I got some clips I could PM or post if anyone's interested

Last edited:

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Made it out of R1 pools at FPV this past weekend using purely Zelda!

Still, feel i could improve a lot. Any advice against:
- Falcons who are good at combo's on floaties? I managed to beat Colbol's Falcon in pools r2 but that's not a falcon main. I think it was Taki or Machiavelli who beat me with Falcon
- Extremely campy/pressure focused Falco's? Rocket Man kept me under lock the whole time. First time i've ever lost Falco-Zelda in tournament
- DK? Lol i had Green Ranger in r2 pools, only got 2 stocked so im not too unhappy with it but i wouldnt mind actually winning next time of course. Them bairs were actually spacing me out, i thought my bairs would've won that spacing fight. Dunno if it was poor execution/spacing on my part or if i really do need to give serious respect to that Bair
- Sheik is hard

And i'll try to give advice if anyone else needs some themselves, i think my Zelda is getting really solid. Again made it out of r1 pools at Fight Pitt V. Didnt quite make it into bracket though, good **** to The Lake for making it out. I'd like to take my Zelda to the next level now.

gijn

Smash Cadet
Made it out of R1 pools at FPV this past weekend using purely Zelda!

Still, feel i could improve a lot. Any advice against:
- Falcons who are good at combo's on floaties? I managed to beat Colbol's Falcon in pools r2 but that's not a falcon main. I think it was Taki or Machiavelli who beat me with Falcon
- Extremely campy/pressure focused Falco's? Rocket Man kept me under lock the whole time. First time i've ever lost Falco-Zelda in tournament
- DK? Lol i had Green Ranger in r2 pools, only got 2 stocked so im not too unhappy with it but i wouldnt mind actually winning next time of course. Them bairs were actually spacing me out, i thought my bairs would've won that spacing fight. Dunno if it was poor execution/spacing on my part or if i really do need to give serious respect to that Bair
- Sheik is hard

And i'll try to give advice if anyone else needs some themselves, i think my Zelda is getting really solid. Again made it out of r1 pools at Fight Pitt V. Didnt quite make it into bracket though, good **** to The Lake for making it out. I'd like to take my Zelda to the next level now.
Nice work did you get any time on stream wouldn't mind seeing your style :p

Falcon:

Try and DI down and away as much as possible. It's really hard to get out of up air chaining. It's a bit of a DI trap for Zelda.

What I try to do is to try and space my jabs and follow up with a pivot jab then step in ftilt. I also try and reverse naryus on top of them if they miss a tech so you can wavedash dsmash or bair them after it.

Its okay to be in shield against falcon his grab can't lead to much if you DI behind him (don't do it too much or they will shift their knee back a little and you'll get reverse knee'd). if they nair or dair or uptilt or side b your shield you can asdi in and upsmash Oos. If its a good player they will SDI out of the multi-hits so mash down on the C-stick for clanking with dsmash or getting it out just before them.

you can try spacing wavedash fsmash for me I never use it but some might.

Tbh the matchup is horrible when people really know how to use falcon. If you're good at shield dropping fairs (I'm not consistent) then that might help stop them getting momentum. you really just have to wait until they overextend then punish.

Falco:

Powershield and upsmashOos are key. don't jump first otherwise you'll potentially get pillared to death.

If you get a powershield you can roll buff in and you should be close enough most of the time to start something up.

battle of attrition really, just hope they wiff on your shield

DK:

dins fire mindgames to kick

jab to dsmash

you can't challenge any of his aerials leave him to spin around

you can dashattack chain him as well if he gets in tumble can't remember the % for that though.

standard bair/fair OoS

GR is solid though so I have no idea if any of that advice would work on him :/

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
The only video so far is this:
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/584194087
9:16:20
This is the Falco who i talked about locking me down. Im not fond of this at all, as it's one of my worst performances against a Falco and of course that's the first time i go on stream against one. But, at least i can review where i went wrong and learn from it. Any match advice is appreciated.

EDIT
Now that i've rewatched it a couple times it's not as bad as i felt about it while the match was being played lol. I definitely think i could learn from it though and one thing im seeing is a need to work on spacing under pressure and not getting caught up in shield too much.

I know 5 of my r1 pools matches were on the recording setup, so when those videos get uploaded i'll post them as well.

Thanks for that advice.
Falcon:
I try to always mix up my DI during falcon combos, but this Falcon in particular managed to followup devastating linkers and finishes every time. Im not sure about his throw combos not leading to anything, at first it's true but i've found that really good falcon players will learn the difference on Zelda and start landing Dthrow -> Knee. Havent found a surefire way to escape it. I actually wavedash back to Fsmash all the time, im pretty successful with baiting approaches into this. And ill definitely try the Dsmash out of Usmash stuff and the shield dropping.

Falco:
I need to work on powershields lmao. In that video i used some bad Nayru's, on other Falco's it has worked well for me in the past because they would approach behind a laser and the reflected laser would hit them, stop their approach, and get them caught up in the multihits of Nayru. This Falco behaved very differently though and i didnt adjust well to his style. Re-watching it, I also notice a lot of whiffs on my part and solid spacing from him.

DK:
Jab - > Dsmash? Huh. That would only work with a very close spacing on the jab right? Would stop his run-in grabs though i suppose?
I also read somewhere that Dair is a great edgeguard against DK, even though it's normally terrible it hits from above and though weak, a little push down is all you need to edgeguard DK.
Stages to avoid? Stages to counterpick? I learned the hard way that DK can in fact up throw -> up air Zelda.

Fox:
Something else that just came to mind, SS | Colbol was able to land up throw -> up air on me succesfully at high percents. I thought Zelda was guaranteed to escape at high percents with no DI because of how high straight up she would travel, and then jump out. Colbol made it seem impossible, even though ive done it regularly to so many other foxes. Is it not actually escapable against a pro-level Fox? Or did i not hit jump soon enough?

One last aside, results from FPV came in. I placed 49th out of 195 entrants. 25th in Doubles out of 47 teams, playing Zelda and my teammate was Ness. I'll get you my pools videos when they get uploaded.

Last edited:

Upke

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to those recorded matches! I watched your match with the Falco live, and he was playing quite safe with a lot of lasers so I couldn't get a good understanding of your playstyle, but from what I saw, it reminded me of my own. Also, pale blue dress = :kirby:

I played GR at Zenith but I got pooped on because I wasn't playing well there and I naturally know nothing about the MU. I almost beat a Puff that beat him tho lol >.>

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
\What I try to do is to try and space my jabs and follow up with a pivot jab then step in ftilt. I also try and reverse naryus on top of them if they miss a tech so you can wavedash dsmash or bair them after it.
woah what? so you jab walk up ftilt and it work? what about jab wavedash ftilt?

and does naryus act as a jab reset or what?

oh and i've been wondering, what do you guys do to use naryus in neutral? i barely use it but feel as if i should start.

Any match advice is appreciated.
first of all, i love some of your naryus in the neutral. especially how you used them to stop approaches sometimes.

you need to stop shield grabbing so much. you probably know how awful zelda's grab is by now. but think of it like a grapple that doesn't grapple lol. only use it for hard reads or when your opponent is really unsafe on your shield. or you could perfect your shield di and learn to di away from multishine and use it then.

aside from that, you need to improve your ground game in order to beat falco. jumping first is a great way to get comboed. however, full hopping or taking to the platforms are actually pretty good options if you play it correctly. both force falco to commit, something you don't really do from a short hop or on the ground. with the short hop, you're a sitting duck. on the ground at least you can fight back with powershields and fast ground moves and reactive bairs/fairs if they mis space.

as for the platform game, i've noticed the better zelda mains, aka the lake and cosmo will drop through bair/fair a lot. and it seems like one of the fastest and safest ways to throw those moves out. you need to really think about how to control the stage when doing this and have a lot of patience. but there are a few gimmicks you can add in to make this work better, namely shield dropping. try dashing on a platform and pressing r/l + control stick down from your dash. the fast fall running shield drop allows you to get your fair/bair out even faster and it has a lot of mind game options because you can do it out of a dash dance, so it's a great movement option to have. with a slow character like zelda, you cannot pass these down; don't play to your character's weaknesses at least try to circumvent them. and of course there's the traditional shield drop. if attack your shield improperly on a platform you can shield drop into a fair/bair depending on where they land. but you need to recognize when it can be safely pulled off. most of the time it's simply better to go into light shield and let them hit you off the platform or shield drop from the light shield without throwing out a move.

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, I'll work on incorporating that into my gameplay!

I'm still waiting on the rest of my videos, pestered the guys with the footage a little. I have 4 more matches recorded as far as i know, against:
- Luigi
- Fox
- Icies, Peach
And i cant remember the last one. Once they're on youtube I'll return with links.

gijn

Smash Cadet
woah what? so you jab walk up ftilt and it work? what about jab wavedash ftilt?

and does naryus act as a jab reset or what?
yeah its just a 1 or 2 steps in. Wavedash makes you go into them too much imo.

+

naryu's will do a variety of things depending on what hitbox you hit them with. the 1st and 2nd phase of hitboxes act differently.

1st phase starts on the 12th frame just after your invincibility will end and will send the opponent at 10 degrees with 12 knockback first 2 hitboxes that come out do 1 damage and the second do 2 damage. which repeats 5 times.
Basically they could be reset hitboxes however the move has a second phase and basically has half a second of endlag from 27-59th frame.

2nd phase starts on the 27th frame the interal hitboxes do 5 damage, 361 degrees of knockback, 50 base and 100 knockback growth the external do 4 damage and 40 base and same degree of knockback. this phase is DI dependent.

So basically if you want to use naryu's love you need to 1. know when the opponent is going to be in tumble % and 2. use naryu's on top of them at the last possible moment. If I'm going to use naryu's I use a JC one as you can try and land on the ground between the 17-27th frame (can be learnt visually if you look at zeldas hand position; her arms should be fully stretched out on first spin when you hit the ground) which should give the best results as the opponent will have 10 frames to put in a DI input that you can use to your advantage. You don't want to do it too early as they will be able to DI out before the 27th frame hitboxes. Reason you need to know the tumble is that you get a chance to not be punished for using naryu's. for fox his tumble % is around 35 HP. Just keep dtilting cpu until they start tumbling to find out %s (if someone knows of a thread with data for this would be nice :) ).

naryu's hitboxes also shift away from her in phase 2 from the direction zelda is facing. So if you are going to jump over an opponent/go too far you need to reverse before using naryu's.

Naryu's can give some stage control especially against marth if you can get close to him. If I get a naryu's off most of the time you can wavedash Dsmash or run up dsmash after it, but they have to be over their tumble % for it to work at all as you will still be stuck in endlag and they won't without it

note: The knockback isn't weight dependent either

also I came 25th in 104 man melee tourney this weekend, was alright but got knocked out by a pikachu player I train with and was TOing the event with :/.

Last edited:

Mystic83

Smash Rookie
i've been performing pretty poorly at events recently - i keep winning g1 against good opponents, then go even and likely lose g2, then choke g3. i think i need to switch up some of my movement and move choices...

so last night during friendlies i got the following combo on a marth: low % bair into double jump bair, immediately din's fire towards him and down a bit, by the time it explodes (hitting him) i'm running towards him for a followup. i missed the kick, because i still don't know a lot about hit angles on din's fire, but actually hitting the damn thing at all was awesome. this might be a thing i'll be trying in other situations. because honestly, it moves a lot faster than she does especially if you're already needing to fall to the ground to get anywhere anyway...

(i love din's fire i don't care how bad it is)

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Heya lovely dead Zelda boards! Old combo video nod time!

Apparently, this video inspired ZHime to become a Zelda main. In turn, his Zelda play inspired at least two other Zelda mains. One of them is yours truly. ;)

Last edited:

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
@ the_irish_dude the_irish_dude I'll give that a spin later today when i have a bit more time

To everyone else in here, posting because i found out the fate of my fight pitt V videos. Apparently I played my pool on the one recording setup in the venue that had a corrupt hardrive. All of my FPV vids are gone, sorry =/

Similar fate with a recent local i attended, I really wanted to share an intense Falcon set i managed to clutch out, and a Marth destroying me (could have definitely benefited from a critique on that video). I placed second in that tournament, but unfortunately the stream was neither set to save to twitch archives nor record locally, so it's all gone. Seems my Zelda is doomed to non-recording =(

I'll be attending some Long Island events over winter break, hopefully i can get some recordings.

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I dont know if this was known before, but I have never seen it mentioned. I found an edgehop Aerial Interrupt for Zelda. Grants 9 intangible frames on all stages, and Battlefield can potentially grant 13. Way better then her ledgedash that grants 2, and not that hard to perform.

just found a 9 galint zelda ai.

http://gfycat.com/NaturalGrimBasil

1 - Drop (no fastfall)
5 - DoubleJump towards stage
11 - Fair
17 - Land - autocancels
21 - Can cancel landing (move/attack)
30 - Tangible

Wow, for once battlefield actually makes it better. Turns it into a 13 galint

http://gfycat.com/FrailCoarseIberianmidwifetoad

1 - Drop
2 - DoubleJump towards stage
7 - Fair
13 - Land autocancel
17 - Can cancel landing (move/attack)
30 - Tangible

First method is second fastest method for battlefield.

Honestly this would be useful tech for sheik mains too, cos they are most likely gunna be grabbing the edge if they transform for recovery. Given that it's way better then ledgedash, it would be worth their time.

she also has an 8 galint one with bair
1- Drop
2 - DoubleJump towards stage
9 - Bair (need to l-cancel)
13 - Land
22 - Can now move/attack
30 - Tangible

but judging by the inputs, its probably way harder to perform.

gijn

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I dont know if this was known before, but I have never seen it mentioned. I found an edgehop Aerial Interrupt for Zelda. Grants 9 intangible frames on all stages, and Battlefield can potentially grant 13. Way better then her ledgedash that grants 2, and not that hard to perform.
You are now my favourite person this is awesome for her!! Good Christmas present for me to see :) I can add this to my edge mixups

Last edited:

Jibca

Smash Rookie
Just something to go along with that tech, you can do the same thing to quickly land on a platform. I noticed it once while screwing around in the lab, and I've been trying to get it down but the positioning is pretty precise and I'm still a bad Zelda, so its been hard.

Jibca

Smash Rookie
A good example is here, where if you watch in slowmo you can see me start up the kick and it autocancels so I can fsmash the double jump knee. Rarely practical, but it was here so I guess it was worth it to work on it?

EDIT: Pretty bad set overall though imo, just had that once nice clip in it. Also, IDK if its truly faster, I don't have 20xx or something to work with this stuff on, it just felt faster and well, Zelda can always afford to get a little faster.

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I was reading all your posts thinking it was PM (cuz I'm to lazy to pay attention to the thread title lol)

I'll impliment this next weekly. I got 3rd last weekend.

gijn

Smash Cadet
Just an update I came 113th at Beast5 with just Zelda the DE Bracket was pretty brutal :( 5th biggest melee tourney (6th after Apex 2015 in a few weeks). ProSmasherTim came 33rd but I don't know how much zelda he used throughout the tourney

Last edited:

Xavdul

Smash Rookie
NNID
kamodo2299
I didn't know anyone mained zelda. But it's cool to see that we won't have a future where everyone uses fox.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I've been thinking for a while that Zelda absolutely demolishes Mewtwo (don't ask why I care about this matchup).

I've found that sweetspot toes are way easier than almost everything, and that Shadow Ball is one of the few projectiles that Nayru's love works well against (when larger shadow balls, smaller ones shouldn't be much of a concern as they're quite slow and Mewtwo can't really spam or capitalize off them like Doc can spam pills. D-Smash effectively snuffs Mewtwo for getting close to you thanks to Mewtwo's cruddy range and hurtbox dynamics. Mewtwo dies significantly earlier than Zelda, and Mewtwo's best gameplan (bair and uair "juggles"/camps") can be punished by trading with a sweetspotted kick, which is an awful trade for Mewtwo.

I think Zelda is a little under-rated, and so I wanted to talk about some of her matchups and get the insight of serious zelda players.

Here's what I tend to think of Zelda's matchups:
Vs Falco and Marth, I think Zelda can compete (but it's tough)
Vs Peach: Zelda can meaningfully compete
Vs Ice Climbers: Zelda can meaningfully compete,
Vs Jigglypuff: Zelda can meaningfully compete, almost feels even
Vs Samus: Feels about even
Vs Luigi: Zelda can meaningfully compete, almost feels even
Vs Donkey Kong: Zelda has an advantage
Vs Mewtwo: Zelda bodies Mewtwo
Vs any character below her on the tier list, I think she wins handily, except against Kirby (quite disadvantaged) and Pichu (maybe slight disadvantage but even-ish).

She's currently ranked 19th, I think she's 18th. :)

Last edited:

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Why do you think Kirby beats her? I just got experience with that matchup for the first time recently in tournament and I bodied the Kirby. With trash mobility and range Kirby can't do anything to get in on her kicks

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Zelda has almost no counter option to Kirby's crouch, while Kirby's core game works quite well on Zelda. If Kirby runs right next to the Zelda and crouches, the Zelda has basically nothing she can do. Similarly, Kirby's Mobility and range are both better than you seem to think, especially since Kirby is a ground-based character when played optimally, not an air-based character.

Triple R vs Max Berger developed this matchup, and our other Zelda players in the state agree it's a hard matchup.
The anti-Zelda strategy translated into a win on The Lake which, after Triple R figured out The Lake's Zelda, wasn't really very close.

Upke

Smash Journeyman
vs Luigi is not easy at all. You have to punish Luigi's approaches before he actually approaches. If the Luigi is as patient as you, you will get handled. Kirby sucks, Zelda wins.

Just got 33rd at Paragon (200+ entrants), losing to Soft 2-0 and Blea Gelo 2-1. Both sets were close enough that I have no doubt I could beat them when playing on point. I was playing just about average second day during bracket. I also took Hbox to last stock on YS.

Also MM'd Laudandus's Puff for $20 Bo5 and won 3-1. The set with Hbox was the only thing I got on stream; I'll try to link it some time in the near future when Twitch stops ****ing up and hopefully GIMR will also upload it to YouTube.

Last edited:

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Yeah, Luigi was definitely the one I was most unsure of with that post.

Kirby vs Zelda is definitely in Kirby's favor. Lol. If only there existed more than 3 Kirby players to spread the metagame.

Last edited:

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
The Lake played that MU awfully, and one Kirby player is not the authority on how the MU plays out. RRR is more than welcome to MM me at Apex.
Sadly, I don't think he's going to Apex.

Interestingly, Triple R kinda went in on that match. Kirby has the potential to greatly limit Zelda's options, then stuff the couple options she retains, but it appears that Triple R took advantage of The Lake's inexperience in the matchup. It's not so much "one kirby player" as it was "the Kirby authority" alongside one of the top, but lesser known, Zeldas. But I'll concede that without a legitimate means to export the matchup out of the upper midwest, it's hard to convince people.

More on topic.. What of Zelda's other matchups I listed? Anything that pops into your (or any other Zelda players') mind?

Last edited:
Top Bottom