• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side B to ftilt

JV_Wentworth

Smash Rookie
So this may have already been a thing, but I've found that if I side b on shield, most people tend to try for a shield grab which will be out of range for most. If you hold the direction of the side b, you can ftilt to get a hit during their grab. Not sure how to use it optimally yet, but its an interesting mixup. Haven't tried on Marth or Shiek however

Masteroki

Smash Cadet
Oddly enough, I don't see many Ganon's side b. I think if used properly, could definitely add a crazy mixup game. Either f-tilt, jab, jumpback fair, tomahawk if they stay in shield, etc.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
I've seen it used to punish jab and grab on a read. The pull back works similar to how Falcon utilizes his side B and can move Ganon just out of range with proper spacing.

DCW

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people whiff grab after shielding the side B. Downsmash immediately after side-B is an excellent punish for whiffed grab, if you get the read, but I always forget and just jab.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Dsmash is def the way to destroy whiffed grab in that situation lol. Hard to get high level players with it tho

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
I think it came up a few years ago in the main thread, but I do believe side-b is safe on shield. I know I've never been punished for it and it works wonders at baiting grabs/shines.

Opsek

Smash Rookie
I haven't thought about this, I'm going to try it out.

I mostly just use side b as a low % techchase/mixup on fastfallers.

Top Bottom