• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side B is considerably worse now.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
After the 3.6 patch, grounded side-B hits them too far away to have some 3.5 combos be viable. For example, in training mode on a Fox, or against a computer, try dash attack to side B to dash attack to side B in 3.5. Now try it in 3.6. Half the time, it doesn't work, because they get hit too far.

On floatier characters, another almost guaranteed combo would be dash attack to side B to SH f-air to either a jab then a side B, or another side B immediately. This also doesn't work well anymore because they get hit too far.

In general, I think side-B is a much worse combo move now. This has been bugging me the most out of every change Lucario got, including not being able to air dodge out of an up-B, and the ASC nerf.

Last edited:

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
It's 9/10 because of the new grab-release points, not a primary Lucario nerf. Only Force Palm change I can really think of from 3.5 to 3.6b is the fact that you get aura from it now. I don't think they directly changed FP's trajectory; it's universal.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
It's 9/10 because of the new grab-release points, not a primary Lucario nerf. Only Force Palm change I can really think of from 3.5 to 3.6b is the fact that you get aura from it now. I don't think they directly changed FP's trajectory; it's universal.
I remember being told that, and whether or not it is true, it still doesn't change the fact that it hurts Lucario's combo game a lot. If anything, I think he should get his old grab-release point back so that he can combo out of side-B again, even if it means not gaining aura from his side-B.

For example when Amsa tries to do it here, http://gfycat.com/ExhaustedGenuineBluemorphobutterfly# even though he misses because he does it too soon (in the air), it's almost impossible to do it now on any average sized character.

I really think this takes away from the combo creativity that Lucario has, and makes him abuse his ASC even more.

Last edited:

Misuse

Smash Cadet
Try dash attack-forcepalm-up smash-jump cancel-neutral air. Very consistent follow up if you can place the up smash correctly- if you didn't know you choose how far lucario jumps by holding left or right. Try it.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Try dash attack-forcepalm-up smash-jump cancel-neutral air. Very consistent follow up if you can place the up smash correctly- if you didn't know you choose how far lucario jumps by holding left or right. Try it.
I've resorted mainly to dash attack up tilt up smash JC neutral air but it never feels as good because if the JC neutral air misses you're suddenly in the air able to be juggled
I just wish he got his old side B back so that he could do horizontal combos again

Gooch

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Yall ****** are spoiled as ****.
"WHY CANT MY FREE SHIELD RIPPER COMBO INTO MORE"
"MAN, WITH AURA THIS **** KILLS ON SHIELD, BUT MAN, I CANT COMBO WITH A COMMAND GRAB"

Misuse

Smash Cadet
Yall ****** are spoiled as ****.
"WHY CANT MY FREE SHIELD RIPPER COMBO INTO MORE"
"MAN, WITH AURA THIS **** KILLS ON SHIELD, BUT MAN, I CANT COMBO WITH A COMMAND GRAB"
Why are you even here?

Top Bottom