• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side-B Edgeguard and Reverse Hitboxes

FakeSnakeJake

Smash Rookie
About a year ago, user chipz posted a thread containing a bunch of gfycats, some for ledge cancelling recovery, and others for just silly stuff. One of these was a gimp setup on fox in which if you used side-b while they were recovering below you, you would stop their momentum entirely, and cause them to be stuck in hitstun for a few seconds. While trying this out myself, I believe I found a different use for the move, along with a different hitbox. With a similar setup, if you get the reverse hitbox of the move, it seems to act more like a falcon knee, with a brief pause and a lot of knockback. The two questions I have for you are; 1) Can this be applied practically aside from being a flashy finisher. And 2) If this truly is stronger than the normal hit, does Pika benefit more from reverse hitboxes (reverse up air spike)?

Original gfycat: https://gfycat.com/MedicalDisgustingGiraffe
My results:

Top Bottom