• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiD 8: Road to Apex | Toronto, ON, Canada | Results/Shoutouts | 09/15/2012

Tin Man

Smash Hero
No offense to Tinman, but I'm pretty sure everyone in the universe wanted to see V115 vs Will in grand finals.

Oh well.
V115 vs Will would have been so much more hype than Tin Man vs V115.
Basically everyone left the stream once Will had lost to Tin Man.

The Grand finals.. to me, wasn't that spectacular.

I've seen those two play too many times.

However, V took first, and that's all I care about.
1. V115 ($190) - Thank you for winning this,

2. Tin Man ($90) - To be honest, I'm glad you didn't win.
WOW...

Yes LMFAO

A joke on how Tin pronounces your name XD
I pronounce his name the way it would be if it was English. The proper way to pronounce it makes it sound like Vishol.

Bing

Smash Master
I would like to give a special shoutout to my great friend Bing for helping me run this tournament! Having someone else fully dedicated to the execution of the tournament really helps out with it's execution, as well as relieving stress, and I truly appreciate his contribution. I hope the rest of you will also credit him for his efforts ^_^![/CENTER]

LOL Thanks. Swag. <3 you homie.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh yeah
Just to clear something up cause Poke made me sound like an absolute ****** on stream
The 115 IS my old house address, but it's not that it's part of my tag so it could help me remember my old address (like seriously who the hell forgets the address of the house they lived in for the first 17 years of their life LOL)

It's just in my tag because I was an uncreative 12 year-old ****er when I created my first email address (vishalrules_115@hotmail.com) and I just stuck with that for future usernames and aliases.

And then when I was an uncreative 14 year-old ****er I made infiniteV115 my youtube account name because I thought the 'infinite' part was cool.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i made this tag when i was 11, it's all good

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Apparently I was told completely wrong, or heard it entirely wrong.
My bad!

And look at how un creative my name is.

I even took out the "e" in Master.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
17. pidgezero_one - Nice job improving! Shame you're going on a Hiatus. Though, I understand. Sometimes people need time away.
[COLLAPSE="I feel like I gotta address this, more personal **** that i'm not subjecting anyone to unless they feel like it"]I don't really know what this time away is. I'm still going to smashfests when I have time and ****. I really don't want stop playing the game or stop seeing you guys, I'm happy I'm improving. But when I joined Smash I had NO GODDAMN IDEA this was gonna happen. I mean, I've been through loads of breakups under much ****tier conditions (shoutouts to 2009 getting dumped after 2+ yrs to be left for a longtime mutual friend, shoutouts to 2010 getting dumped the night before my exams started in the 1 semester i had a shot at honours), like you'd think I'd learn to handle it by now, but this one affected me the worst. It ended up ****ing up a lot of **** in my life. I can't focus in school anymore, I underperform at my jobs, I barely eat, I always have these ****ing nightmares, I barely sleep, my face has had a ****ing disgusting breakout since it happened, I think my hair is falling out more, and **** like that. You'd think smash would be an escape for me, which smashfests have been at least, but then being in the same room at a tournament, I feel extremely anxious and physically ill trying to suppress being sad because I'm tired of randomly crying in public and bringing attention to it, and that makes **** a LOT worse for me in the coming days, and I can't keep being a non-functioning unreliable vegetable just because I'm sad about ****. And it feels so ****ing stupid. I'm a grown-*** woman, I'm 24 yrs old now or something to that effect, like who the **** at my age lets this get to them that badly? And it just makes me feel even more like a pathetic ******* that I can't just move on and just do me instead of randomly breaking down in public like someone who never learned how to be a functional adult. I usually get over this **** in a matter of a couple of days. But not this time, I can't go to tourneys anymore because now after each one I'm in "too ****ing sad to get out of bed" mode instead of my usual "sad but still actually doing **** sometimes" mode.

Anyway the point is I'll be around tourneys and **** once I either get over him (not happening) or learn how to deal with my emotions like the grown-up I should have been (i would like to think this is a possibility in the very distant future) and stop making you guys deal with my bull****. Until then I'll be here posting nonsense until I get bored and showing up at smashfests to remind everyone how free I am, so maybe it's not really time away because you guys can never really get rid of me, like who gives a **** what i do? Just time away from the only **** that matters for rankings, once i started improving, fml. Oh yeah and I'm obviously still going to Apex because I have to give everyone their **** back rofl

Mark, if you're reading this, I'm not saying this to disrespect you or to make any of your personal **** public, this is just me talking about my ********-*** life as it relates to smash right now and i'm not gonna talk any **** about you or go into any detail about what happened between us, or anything else about you, outta respect. But one thing I will say about you, here's a shoutout for you, is that I think it's no big mystery to anyone who knows you even tangientially why I still love you and why it therefore hurts so bad to be around you in the shadow of that. You're an incredible person, you're amazing, you're wonderful, you're so fun to be around, you're beautiful inside and out, and pretty much anyone can back me up on that (no homo for the rest of you, except maybe jon). Nobody in my life ever made me feel as loved as you did, and all I ever want is to return the favour. Anyone who was there at apex 2012 knows what I'm talking about. I've never loved or cared about or been as devoted to anyone as I am for you, because you deserve it. Anyway this is getting pretty vomit-inducing so I'll stop. If anyone wants to comment on this for whatever godforsaken reason then do it in PM with me cause i'm not gonna gay up the boards anymore after this[/COLLAPSE]

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!

V115: Congrats on the win, Your improving too rapidly, its scary. Thanks for the friendlies.

Tin Man: Good job in placing, dont take not getting in first so rough it was a grand finals set just as it will be next time im sure. Thanks for the tips from our set, n remember... never button mash when uve been inhaled by Kirby! Also, this was the first set we've ever had where u DIDNT say stick to MK, which actually makes me very happy- tho u prolly just forgot to say it didnt u??? Thanks for hosting again.

Will: I honestly feel really bad when such a nice guy has such flukey things happen to him :( Come back to Toronto again one day and show everyone why ur the best DK!

Toronto Joe: I didnt get to face you or even see one of your sets. I'm sure ur MK is rusty but its good to see you still coming out to these things.

Meekspeedy: Thanks for the kind shoutout, and i agree we gotta play more, ur a really chill guy to.

Hype: I didn't get to play u, from what i hear (and what u showed), ur really good. Keep coming out.

Dan-Da-Man: Im so happy uve finally moved up on the PR, now i dont always get stuck facing u. Still good to see you tho, fun games in stanima.

Poke: Nice job in placing. We didn't get to play friendlies. Also i heard someone say u were using a GC controller????????? Good job for placing this high with it.

Blacktwins: Fun friendlies. That Yoshi is so ****** good for a Yoshi.

cMeDu: Thanks for the friendlies. Ur Wolf is definitly better than mine. Also congrats on beating Will, I honestly have no idea how u did it... no offense- but it is Will :p

Jmo: You used Kirby in dubs, and MK in singles :( Oh well good job in placing, i wish we could have played friendlies.

R e d X: Good job in placing, tho we both know u can do better. We'll step out game up next tourny.

Fisch: I wanna play u, supposedly ur getting very good, n ive yet to play u, ever.

Cruxis: Sorry for the 1.91 MM, its all I had. GGs tho. I like ur MK, its smart n takes advantages of openings, not spam OP moves.

Iliad: Thanks for the shoutout, lets have friendlies next time :)

MPrime: GGs... except the second 1 i ****** up bad lol, but only i can be blamed for that. I gotta practice this MU more.

Pidge: Super sad ur leaving the scene for awhile :( u really brighton the place up, n ur rapidly getting better at the game, but there noting wrong with leaving the scene for abit, ull fit right back in again when ur ready. GGs in dubs and 64.

Mr.L: We didnt get to play :(

Dave: We didnt get to play... or meet. :(

Inle: GGs in dubs, ur getting better really quick, dont let this placing both u.

Yosh: Ive never met u b4. Lets change that next tourny.

Leafshadow: GGs, u got red pretty hard game two, but u also werent playing ur best. Ull do better next time. Thanks for teaming with me.

Blackgold: We don't need ne more MKs... but w/e as long as u have fun n get better its all good. U gotta improve on the Kirby MU tho.

Snow Shard: ***** scrub! GET BETGTER@iejwbfn kjfnbvijbndskfvbkj....... well at least I still had fun.

Bing: Good to see u again. Ike dittos next time k. Props to u helping Tin Btw. I've TOed with u so I know ur a guy who gets **** and is incredably under appreciated for it.

John Madden: Ud think I'd have recognized John Madden playing brawl? Hes a big guy isnt he. We didnt get to play, and u ditched Leaf n I at Licks lol. W/E good to see u again.

SJ, Krymson, Zero: We didnt play.? :(

Player: U gotta a pretty decent Kirby. Keep it up :)

Astro: U got some of the basics down with Oli, but u got some bad habits and fall into some predicable baiting. Thatll change with experience i guarentee it.

Lenny: I didnt get to face u, but at least you use a character that we dont have to many of in our scene yet. One day I'll use Lucario, because I dont think everyone in our scene knows hes a character yet.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
V - good **** man! Don't get cocky though or someone (:snake:) may just take you out next time ; )

Tin - fun games.. but **** Olimar lol. Pocket MK can't take out Snake main yet, but I think we'll both be even better next time, so I look forward to it

Will - fun games man, keep repping, and I hope our paths cross again sometime!

Joe & Meek - always dubs lol, but round 1 this time was so disheartening! Always fun to play you guys though ;)

Hype & cMeDu - ggs, and glad you guys came out! hit me up @ UW if you have time for some games sometime this term

Poke - :snake: :snake: :snake:

Blacktwins - ggs man, as always. hopefully next tourney one of us doesn't have to knock out the other.. again

Cruxis - ggs, and great seeing you out again.. I hope our paths cross again!

Iliad - yo0o0oo, best gta commentator.. hope to see you next time!

RedX - ggs man, I always feel bad when we get matched up.. I play two of your worst MUs :(

Mr.L - fun teaming man.. you saved us with upB more than all the work I put in, and very fun randoms as always :)

pz0 - ggs. I gotta stop entering 64 when I never play lmao. keep your head up too, things will get better if you don't sweep under the rug and just accept what's happened, and that, in time, they will be good again

BlackGold - ggs, you got some sloppy habits, but came way too close to winning that MM, so I expect next time will be even harder for me to win

Zero - ggs!

Stamina shouts; Iliad, Shard, JMo, Meek -- fun games, salt all around lmao

Bing

Smash Master
Shard. Thank you :)

Stef, Im going to address this here for two reasons. 1.Im really ****ing lazy. 2.Cause Its nothing personal.. well, not really personal.

Basically I just wanted to say I know your pain when you say "This game used to be an escape for me" For the longest time, this was a stress relief method, it was great. Now, to be honest, parts of me truly hate this damn game. Not even just Brawl,but Melee too. I've been so set on becoming better to a point where I could be respected as a player.But at this point I've given up on that. Its been a year since I joined the competitive smash scene, and roughly 8-10 months since I entered my first brawl tournament. Since then, minimal progress has been made, regardless on the effort that was put in. Now playing smash,and trying to get better has become the exact opposite and what it started out as. So I attend these tournaments to see you guys, and now help host the tournaments.

Anyways I kind of got carried away there LMFAO.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Oh yeah
Just to clear something up cause Poke made me sound like an absolute ****** on stream
The 115 IS my old house address, but it's not that it's part of my tag so it could help me remember my old address (like seriously who the hell forgets the address of the house they lived in for the first 17 years of their life LOL)

It's just in my tag because I was an uncreative 12 year-old ****er when I created my first email address (vishalrules_115@hotmail.com) and I just stuck with that for future usernames and aliases.

And then when I was an uncreative 14 year-old ****er I made infiniteV115 my youtube account name because I thought the 'infinite' part was cool.
I always wondered why you picked those numbers...for sure wasn't a birthday LOL (new years of the 5 year ever(?))

Shard. Thank you :)

Stef, Im going to address this here for two reasons. 1.Im really ****ing lazy. 2.Cause Its nothing personal.. well, not really personal.

Basically I just wanted to say I know your pain when you say "This game used to be an escape for me" For the longest time, this was a stress relief method, it was great. Now, to be honest, parts of me truly hate this damn game. Not even just Brawl,but Melee too. I've been so set on becoming better to a point where I could be respected as a player.But at this point I've given up on that. Its been a year since I joined the competitive smash scene, and roughly 8-10 months since I entered my first brawl tournament. Since then, minimal progress has been made, regardless on the effort that was put in. Now playing smash,and trying to get better has become the exact opposite and what it started out as. So I attend these tournaments to see you guys, and now help host the tournaments.

Anyways I kind of got carried away there LMFAO.
Improvement isn't easy, I stuck to wifi for a solid 3 years or so. I STILL play wifi, mind you not as much. Every tiny little thing matters, from before go, to after game.

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
There once was a time when I almost beat V in amateur bracket. That was like a year ago and look how much better he's gotten. Makes me wonder if I hadn't drop this game for Marvel would I be this good? lolprobablynot

Top Bottom