• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiD 5: No Escape | Toronto, ON, Canada | Results/Shoutouts/Vids | 11/26/2011 UPDATED

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
shoot oots to people i played/had conversations with/have a crush on and want them to notice me.

HERE WE GO

1.Ally ($220) - fun matches in dubs, just when we were getting close you cranked it up and wrecked, too good!
2.Holy Nightmare ($132) - same here, nice gimp on me in game 5, that sealed the deal!
3.[YRSF] Tin Man ($66) - beautiful teammate, really reppin that boss+logic 2.0 hahaha NOVA SCOTIA REPPIN! WE WENT IN!
4.Suzaku ($22) - Nice to finally meet you, we'll play/chill more soon for sure. gratz on tearing it up :)
5.Meekspeedy ($10) - unreal sonic, good stuff mang and always a pleasure, well done on top 5
6.Stroumbert - your falcon is just the **** and your DK is clutch. well done mang!
7.V115 - *gives creepy smile* GGs in dubs too!
9.Sauc3 - GGs in dubs, you and dark were sick. Double Kirby whoa
9.Ambrose - GGs in dubs aswell, i got bucket nailed a few times hahaha
11.Mr.L - Good ****, you did well, repped Luigi better than i did LOL *cries*
13.RedX - i enjoy you.
13.Patches - GGs man, super close and fun. i'd like to hear more about your career plans, sounds like you've found the perfect career hahaha.
13.Zhao - GERT!
17.LeafShadow - Mario Bros too good. that's all.
17.i1337 - I'm white -is buzzkill-
17.Iliad - PATCHES?!?!?
17.Dan-Da-Man - GGs in pools man, i got lucky that's all there is to it haha. great snake
21.Poke - didn't play you, didn't get infinited, i still like you.
21.Fuddo - you adapted really well, GGs man.
25..exe - yup
25.Zetsu- GGs in friendlies man, was too good.
33.Crowbar- Was fun playing you in friendlies, love the Diddy, thanks for the kind words :)
33.Skyler Silver- GGs in dubs, so raw.
41.Dave- GGs in dubs, so very raw.

i definitely forgot people because i'm stupid, so if i didnt give you a shout-out and we had a significant exchange or whatnot, i'll add er in there.

GGs GUYS, YOU'RE ALL WINNERS

Kongmetal

Smash Journeyman
these results are somewhat shocking lol
way to go mr l didnt expect you to place above zhao
on that note.... zhao wth happened lol

Also sbert i loved tha falcon my man!

Wish i could have made it but they decided that the 99 yrt bus shouldnt go to finch on saturday for some reason...... EVEN THOUGH IT RUNS EVERY OTHER DAY!!! geeze i was like half way to tourney and got gayed.....
I had a controller to give to illiad and another wii setup ......
Whatevs hopefully ill be able to go to oakville tourney on 17th if bus goes off strike =D

SIDE NOTE DREKKEN I WAS ON STREAM ALLL ******* DAY I WANT A SHIRT lol

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
1.Ally ($220) - wtf at your free tv shenanigans man :( im so gullible lol
2.Holy Nightmare ($132) - what in the **** was i doing during our set (inb4 sucking)... lol ggs man :)
3.[YRSF] Tin Man ($66) - thanks for putting all the effort you did into this tourney, :)
5.Meekspeedy ($10) - peachy told me all about your set... omfg lol
7.Peachy - grats on 7th <3 also FOOTBALL
7.V115 - grats on 7th to you as well, :D
9.Sauc3 - GGs in dubs :)
11.Raidos - omfg i dont know what happened after the first game in our set... lol GGs and grats on 11th :)
11.Mr.L - grats on 11th too, brb yelling **** at you across the subway
13.RedX - i admire you so much as a ness player (enough to have dittos on hyrule temple? dont ask me how that makes sense lol), you rep my hat way better than i do XD
13.Patches - great job dude! also BEST TATTOO EVER
17.LeafShadow - John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden also nice work on your ROB !
17.Iliad - omfg i nearly had a heart attack when i accidentally hit the power, i know it was nbd but still sorry dude =(
17.Dan-Da-Man - wtf i usually have something to say here but we didnt play at all this tourney! maybe next time lol
21.Poke - maybe next time i wont wuss out of a kirby-dedede MM... ah who am i kidding lol
21.Fuddo - good seeing you again =) i forgot to ask for friendlies..maybe next time lol
25.SupremeDirt - we need to hang out more often!
25.Pidgezero_one - needs more poutine
25.Warchamp - GGs in dubs, happy we didnt go to RC this time? ;p
25.Mprime - im not sure how you managed to explain everything about how i play all 3 of my characters to brian in all of 5 seconds, but considering my placing i guess it makes sense lol
25..exe - good seeing you again =) friendlies next time?
25.Looftwaffles - ^ you too!
25.Inle - you are the most fun person ever to have FFAs with i swear to god lol
33.Brian - GGs, come out to these more often! i hope our set/friendlies was helpful :)
33.Sheep - GGs in pools, way to rep dat bowser! also lol at the full SD card
33.Jen - teaming with you is the most fun thing ever <33333
33.Crowbar - GGs in dubs! fighting former teammates breaks my heart lol
33.Skyler Silver - kirby dittos next time?!
33.Douhneill - good seeing you again! brawl minus someday lol
41.Bing - BING GOES TO A BRAWL TOURNEY! also lol at tails_prower meeting Karma after like 5 years ;p lets do this again sometime
41.Rhyme - we never had our kirby ditto either! =( oh well lol, glad you liked the music on my wii & nice to meet you!

also darkshadow wherever you are GGs in dubs and lol at tin's ~hilarious~ seeding

also shoutouts to Drekken for the kickass streaming :)

Mprime

Smash Ace
Not gna lie, i absolutly hated the system for brackets this tourney, they really ****ed me over. Instead of getting to fight 2 more matches to get a chance to get out of the pool i find out after my first match the other 2 left the venue making my first match to be the only match to count leaving me no chance of redeeming myself like everyone else got to. Also having to face mr l 2nd game in winners was super ****ing gay, why am i being placed against my own crew member that early in bracket, we play each other every day. At least i didn't get shafted as hard as illiad and the rest of hamilton. Having to go up against ur entire crew in pools must suck ****ing horse ****! Aside from that i had a great time.

:phone:

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
ggs to everyone I played, always fun seeing the brawl community. Was interesting, but I'll probably save myself (and others who deserve the advances) the hassle and not enter next time <_< but it gave me something to do. I do agree that the pools system seems a bit unfair though...it's good in the sense that you can make up for bad games but that redeeming factor seems pretty random...sucks to hear about what happened to you and Hamilton Mprime.

Grats on your stream results, things will only get better from here.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
For once someone agrees with you Supreme. I APPROVE of your message.

Lol just realized everyone calls dirt dirt and never supreme.
honestly in person i by and far prefer Damien to any variation of Supreme Dirt.

Just saying.

And yeah, nobody ever does.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I'd have to agree with Dirt and MPrime on this one.
This is generally the SAME tourney placing I got when we had Pools in 2010.
It's just 4 numbers higher.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Putting aside the fact that I'd have a blast playing everyone regardless of format, I do agree that No Escape yielded some less than accurate results, despite being a kinda cool twist.

Particularly some tougher and easier pools for people, and having some people get lucky with winner bracket pairings and have to win much fewer matches to place well.

If you want the "most" accurate results, it would be using the judgement you normally use to create the winner bracket, to make up pools before the bracket itself, then seed the bracket based on pools results.

Just my 2 cents anyway, had a great time regardless ;)

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Tin, I went ness/kirby in singles (won a set with kirby) and straight kirby in dubs (hence the team name lol). Ty for updating the op :)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I went Marth/ Dk/ Falco in Singles.

Seems I wave good bye to something I didn't care about in the first place, tuh tah Pr.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Finally updated. And thanks for the feedback everyone. I really appreciate it. For an experiment, I think it was well worth giving it a shot. Sorry to those who were inconvenienced by the format. But overall, I hope everyone had a good time

(Goes to sleep finally...)

Bing

Smash Master
Also, Just sayin though I do really care, I went Marth Falco in Dubs, and Marth,Falco,Fox in Singles...

And Steff, Yes, we shall have another Karma get together sometime soon :p
. exe: Thanks for all the time, had a lot of fun playing against you, had a lot of good advice.
Patches: Thanks for the tips, and for saying that im good, XD
Tin Man: Still my cracka, thanks for hosting, Love you, congratz on 3rd
Ally: Thanks for playing Melee with James,Kurtis and I, you're pretty **** at Melee, we make a good team.
LeafShadow: We need a better team name, but still good ****, your a funny guy, team next time?
Riddlebox: Good ****, thanks for the melee tips, always a pleasure playing you :p
Sauc3: Same to you as James, Loved playing Melee against you guys :p

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Thread needs more shoutouts. Here's mine:

1.Ally - Had to leave before we did our MM, kinda disappointed about that, but I'll get you next time ;) Good **** on 1st as usual!
2.Holy Nightmare ($132) - Haven't yet got to play your ROB, would like to do so next tourney. Good **** on 2nd!
3.[YRSF] Tin Man ($66) - Great tourney, thanks for all the work hosting, had a great time. Good **** on 3rd and for your amazing set in dubs!
4.Suzaku ($22) - Never played you, but given that I play Ness I'm not sure if I want to in brackets lol. Nice placing!
5.Meekspeedy ($10) - Nice work on 5th, too bad we didn't get to play at all this tourney. Next time.
6.Stroumbert - Hadn't seen you before this tourney and still didn't really get to watch you play too much. But I liked that Falcon of yours :bee:
7.Peachy - Good to finally see you again even if we barely saw each other lol. Kinda want a few 1v1s next we meet cause I've never played your Peach with my Ness before.
7.V115 - I guess that MM just wasn't to be lol, we were about to do it like 3 or 4 times when we got called away. Next time for sure, perhaps in Oakville on the 17th? And great sets in dubs btw, intense ****.
9.Sauc3 - Didn't really see much of you this tourney, hopefully next time though.
9.Ambrose - We had some great sets in both dubs and singles, hope to play you more in the future cause those were some great games. Gratz on winning our pool.
11.Raidos - Haven't really got to play you in a while, kinda curious to without MK in the picture. Next time.
11.Mr.L - Nice placing. Otherwise I didn't really see you too much lol.
13.RedX - Not a bad placing at all. Still need to pick up a second for all those Marths.
13.Patches - Nice placing and fun MM. We need to play each other more.
13.Culex - Kinda salty bout our set, but GGs nonetheless. Hope to play you more next time.
13.Zhao - Lol thanks? I like hangin with you too lol. Kinda surprised you didn't place higher ater watching you play a few sets, but things happen. We gotta play next time, gotta try my new and improved Ness against your Luigi!
17.LeafShadow - AMBROSE!!! SO CLOSE!!! Next time you'll take him down ;) Also, fun set in pools, we gotta play more.
17.i1337 - Only ever played your DK with my MK, kinda wanna try out Ness (despite the bad MU) to see if it holds up as well. Hopefully next time.
17.Iliad - Salty bout our dubs set, we gotta have some 1v1s next time cause that set was terrible lol. Still, good **** in dubs with Peachy.
17.Dan-Da-Man - Had a fun time teamin with you, we had a pretty decent run (expect against Iliad and Peachy), and I think we made a pretty decent team. Hopin to see you at WD2!
21.Poke - Good set in dubs and some fun friendlies. Thought you'd do better in our pool, but stuff happens. GGs in dubs, you and Inle did quite well.
21.Tdawg - GGs in dubs. Nice Mario.
25.Pidgezero_one - Aw thanks :) And lol those matches we amazing on Temple. Gotta have more of those. And interpretive brawl. And YES I need to wear that hat every tourney. Totally would if I had one lol.
25.Warchamp - Nice set against Jen :awesome: Also, I have a suggestion for the side event at WD 2. And I think you know what it is.
25.Mprime - Fun MM and great Pika. Lol @my spike on FD. We gotta play more next time for sure. Another MM next time perhaps?
25..exe - You did ALOT better than I expected in our set. Good ****. You comin to WD2?
25.Inle - Lol @all your SDs in our MM. They were unfortunate :( You and Poke made a pretty good dubs team.
33.Crowbar - Bit of a rough run for you. But there was some tough competition here so its not entirely surprising, but I still thought you'd place a little higher.

There were so many people here I didn't know/meet that I'm really gonna say "don't think we played, hopefully next time" for all of you, but if you aren't listed above, assume I did cause I love facing new people. If I've forgotten anyone let me know.

Also as for my 2 cents on this pools idea, I like the concept as I'm a fan of pools, but I must admit these results aren't quite what I expected. Not necessarily saying people didn't earn their place, but just that some pools were easier/fairer than others. If we can iron out the flaws with this idea, I'd really like to see it again. Otherwise just straight brackets would prolly be better. Overall I had a great time at this one, so thanks to Tin for hosting and GGs to all I played!

Oh and I had to leave before I got to a few on my MMs (Ally and Darkshadow come to mind) so apologies for that. Hope to get you guys next time ;)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
1. Ally ($220) - That game against your freecario was the first (and only, so far) game I've ever taken off you. But ugh, so far from beating your Falco and Snake, even when you SD'ed as Falco.
MST LRN BRINSTAR BTR LOL
2. Holy Nightmare ($132) - Happy that I did so much better against your ROB, definitely looking forward to playing it again.
3. [YRSF] Tin Man ($66) - Damn, even with you being all strict and everything, I can say this was definitely my favourite tourney so far.
I MEAN THAT >:O
4. Suzaku ($22) - Too bad we didn't get to play again, but congrats on 4th!
5. Meekspeedy ($10) - 2 minutes left, close to last-stock last-hit, Sonic has the lead on YI:B
STUPIDEST
EVER
But we advanced so z'aii :troll:
6. Stroumbert - Sooooooooooooooo salty about losing game 3. I'll get you next time, though ;)
7. Peachy - I was really surprised that even after this hiatus, you're still able to place 7th. Good ****.
FAIR FAIR FAIR FAIR FAIR FAIR BAIR BAIR BAIR BAIR BAIR BAIR TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP
7. V115 - Man, you suck.
9. Ambrose - SOOOO much fun in doubles dude. Good job. Sorry I side-B'd you so many times XD
13. RedX - Too bad we missed our chance to MM. Next time ;)
13. Patches - We also missed our MM. Next time.
17. Iliad - RAINBOWCRUISELOLOLOL
21. Poke - 21st? Really? I guess now I can claim MU johns :D
25. Mprime - Freekachu so free. Too bad I can't MU john
No wait, yes I can.
MU johns.
33. Sheep - Fun games in friendlies XD

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh. just remembered the only set I won in singles was with Mario, should fix that Tin.

fUddO

Smash Ace
1. Ally ($220) - :lucario:/:falco:/:rob: Well done on first. Beat Tin with Zelda next tournament, continue the low-tier massacre!
2. Holy Nightmare ($132) - :rob: You're ROB is beast. So much more fun to watch than MK.
3. [YRSF] Tin Man ($66) - :olimar:/:falco: #1 in Ontario with the MK ban. Awesome tournament.
5. Meekspeedy ($10) - :sonic:
6. Stroumbert - :falco:/:falcon:/:dk2: I think I'm doomed to eternally fail against you, lol. Hopefully I do better next time you're in town.
9. Ambrose - :popo: Glad to see you at tournaments. GL with the G&W.
11. Mr.L - :luigi2: We should MM. I haven't played you for a year, lol. Still 1-0 in tourny!
13. Patches - :gw: Nice placing.
13. Zhao - :luigi2:/:marth: Beastly Luigi. I'm not as bad as that first game showed, lol.
17. LeafShadow - :rob: We need to do some friendlies lol. Haven't played you in a while.
17. i1337 - :dk2: Great matches. You're DK is legit.
17. Iliad - :marth: Surprised to see you this low. So much Hamilton teamkill in that pool.
21. Poke - :marth:/:dk2:/:falco: Fun friendlies. You're better than me, but since we play so much I know your mindgames. Makes the matches so unpredictable, lol.
21. Fuddo - :pit: Get 3stocked on stream more, scrub.
25. SupremeDirt - :dedede: Keep up the D3, spend less time with secondaries and you'll start winning.
25. Pidgezero_one - :ness2:/:kirby2: Good to see you again. I'll try to make it out to more friday smashfests.
25. Mprime - :snake: Lol, I'm soo bad against ICs. Need to practice my plank.
25. Looftwaffles - :marth: Good to see you again.
25. Inle - :marth: We need to do some more friendlies. Marth matchup is pretty fun.
33. Douhneill - :mario2: Good to see ya.
41. Rhyme - :kirby2: Great to see you at tournaments again.

Everyone Else: Awesome tournament, turnout was amazing. Hopefully I can get more friendlies in next time.

Mprime played Falco, Ice Climbers and Pikachu against me.

I wasn't a big fan of Loser's Pools. It felt like it took a lot longer than regular pools, and didn't feel as accurate as a pure bracket. Also, first-timers ended up skipping their pool matches since they happened so late in the day. It also seemed harder than normal to leave and get food.

zmx

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to the stream. It was very well done and organized. There was a continuous flow of quality matches and commentary for the most part. And it was professional. The best brawl stream Canada has probably ever had. Heck other than the concentrate streams, that was probably the best stream for brawl this year period. Wish I could've gone. And you guys hit 104 viewers. Let's aim for 200 next time.

Oh and I'll have to agree that loser's pools is not the best idea.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
And YES I need to wear that hat every tourney.
I will personally see to it that this happens!

Also if were still hangin next weekend we need more interpretive brawl seshes, like ill literally die irl if we're hangin out and no inteerpretive brawl happens :cool:

alright I think saturday marks (no pun intended) the officialization of my tourney traditions: red x gets my hat, hyrule ness dittos, breakfast with jen, and at least 1 poutine run

Cruxis

Smash Lord
yo what time did u guys finish btw? did the losers pool really drag out

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
idk, I left around 10-ish and semi-finals pools (bluh) were still going on.

So I imagine it finished at like... 12.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
^ I left at 10:30 and brackets were still --

Ninja'd by supreme dirt goddamn

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Tourney Finished at 12am - 12:15am.

The losers pools dragged the tourney on no matter how strict Tin was.

As well, I'm bringing my Marth and Dk back up to speed.
Going to hit hard with some new mind games and spacing.

As well, I'm going to complete my Project Today.

Oh and Bing, I'd like to help you out with your Falco and Marth.

Bing

Smash Master
In a way I actually Liked the Loser's pools, ment you got to play more, but I think after like... round 3 or so, it should just go to bracket.

Like, if theres 32 people in losers, break it into 8 pools of 4
Top 2 advance.
this makes 16, and top 2 advance again out of 4 pools of 4
this leaves 8. Bracket style, first seed's vs 2nd seeds, random order.
then it just goes 8,4,2,1(GF)

Nevermind, I just noticed my idea is flawed in some areas... ill just and figure something out XD

Top Bottom