• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiD 3: Nostalgic Smash | Toronto, ON, Canada | Results/Shoutouts/Vids | 8/20/2011

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Original tourney thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308213

Singles: 26 people entered

[collapse=Singles bracket]

[/collapse]

$10 Entry fee

1. Toronto Joe ($156) - :metaknight:
2. Tin Man ($78) - :olimar:
3. Hype ($26) - :metaknight:
4. Poke - :falco:/:dedede:
5. Cruxis - :snake:
5. i1337 - :dk2:
7. Gichan - :warioc:
7. V115 - :zerosuitsamus:
9. Mr.concon (California, USA) - :luigi2: (forfeit to catch a flight)
9. Red X - :metaknight:
9. Shard - :metaknight:
9. Dan-Da-Man - :dk2:/:fox:
13. Inle - :marth:
13. SK - :metaknight:
13. JustNoOne - :popo:
13. Supreme Dirt - :dedede:
17. Skyler Silver - :kirby2:
17. imag - :falco:
17. Sawd - :marth:
17. .exe - :zerosuitsamus:
17. Crowbar - :diddy:
17. DCF! - :snake:
17. Stef - :ness2:
17. Zetsu - :falco:
25. Billet log - :random:
25. link98 - :random:

Doubles: 8 teams entered

[collapse=Doubles bracket]

[/collapse]

$10 Entry fee (per team)

1. Dons of Vaughan ($112 split) (Toronto Joe + Tin Man) - :metaknight: + :olimar:
2. Piggyback ride ($48 split) (Hype + NekoNekoXD) - :metaknight: + :metaknight:
3. Tin Man's Prodigies #2 (Red X + Shard) - :metaknight: + :metaknight:
4. DDMSK (Dan-Da-Man + SK) - :dk2:/:fox: + :metaknight:
5. Inle + .exe - :marth: + :zerosuitsamus:
5. I'm a G (imag + Sawd) - :falco: + :marth:
7. Crowbar + Mr.concon - :diddy: + :luigi2:
7. Black & Yellow (Skyler Silver + JustNoOne) - :kirby2: + :popo:

Smash 64: 13 people entered

[collapse=64 bracket]

[/collapse]

$5 Entry fee

1. Y-Bomb ($39) - :falcon:
2. Ghost ($19.5) - :falcon:
3. *** Vwls ($6.5) - :random:
4. Laura - :pikachu2:
5. DCF - :pikachu2:
5. Trev - :dk2:
7. Hype - :random:
7. Tin Man - :kirby2:
9. Dirt - :yoshi2:
9. D*** Todd - :random:
9. Skyler Silver - :luigi2:/:falcon:
13. Stef - :kirby2:

- If I put your character incorrectly (or if u have a :random: symbol for a character) please tell me who you used so I can adjust the characters accordingly. In addition, if you main multiple characters, you get 1 character regardless of wins/losses, however if I am to add another character beside your name, you must have won at least 1 game with that character IN BRACKETS, or several games with that character in pools. Please tell me if I should adjust your characters

- VIDEOS:
Youtube Channel:
CanadaBrawl

IF YOUR WII WAS AT THIS TOURNEY AND IT HAD HOMEBREW ON IT, VIDEOS WERE MOST LIKELY RECORDED ON IT. SHOOT ME A PM ASAP SO I KNOW WHO U ARE AND THAT UR WII HAS REPLAYS OF THIS TOURNEY. WE'LL GO FROM THERE!

SKidd

Smash Master
Good **** i1337

And very good **** Tin Man, makin' dat West Coast money :D

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Shoutout to the bracket for ****** me.

I'd say jk, but I'm not. So much salt over that. To the point where my main is changing again.

Oh and shoutout to the people who didn't vote Onett. :(

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
I used Fox as much as DK between doubles and singles Tin.

I only went Snake once in singles cause I knew I haven't had a chance to play seriously offline in 4 months.
I'll have time to practice before next time.

shouts:
1. Toronto Joe - somehow better at gimping Fox than DK.. hehe, ggs man
2. Tin Man - we still haven't got to play a singles set.. somehow. great job hosting as always
3. Hype - ggs, friendlies, etc. sorry Sk and I left really early to check out some stuff downdown
4. Poke - I'm honestly surprised you got 4th after I beat you in winners. gj
5. Cruxis - I wanted a Fox-Snake match with you so badly but fell one game short of getting it!!
5. i1337 - sorry we couldn't have some proper seriouslies, great DK man. next time!
7. Gichan - man, dat hype
7. V115 - nice zss, it's actually one of my fav mu but I was really off game I guess
9. Mr.concon - great seeing you man, and ggs! shame you had to leave
9. Red X - MK kind of covers up a lot of your mistakes, I'd love to play you in singles sometime
9. Shard - ^
17. Sawd - keep practicing, that Marth wasn't too shabby
17. .exe - see V115
17. Crowbar - I hope someone saved that match of Sk reverse fair spiking you with Snake!

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Damn, this was a great tourney. I was completely mentally exhausted from all the intense sets. I definitely think I got a lot better at this one.
Oh, there's a typo in the doubles. His name is Red X, not Rod X. Unless I'm mistaken, in which case, there's a typo in singles XD

1. Toronto Joe ($156) - Sorry for splitting the pizza with that other dude. His **** is just way bigger than yours, what choice did I have XD jk, grats on #1.

2. Tin Man ($78) - Great tourney as always, can't wait to see the ruleset for the next one.

3. Hype ($26) - Wanted to play you, but didn't get to.

4. Poke - Damn, good job.

5. Cruxis - Fun set in bracket (and MM of course :troll:)

5. i1337 - Wanted to play you, but didn't get to.

9. Mr.concon - I SDed 4 TIMES AGAINST YOU ._. Oh well, fun set, it was very intense, and you taught me to respect Luigi XD

9. Dan-Da-Man - Great set, I was scared you were going to beat me. No offense, but I think you should have stuck with DK. Can't believe you never let me get the dsmash --> footstool offstage on your DK.

13. Inle - Fun matches against your Marth. You hit me with 2 fully charged shieldbreakers, both of them hit, and neither of them hit my shield. Truly lolage material. Not talking **** though, your Marth is great. You handle my items a lot better than most people. Can't wait to play you again.

13. JustNoOne - Pikachu:ICs = Pikachu:Sopo XD

13. Supreme Dirt - Lol at that pocket MK on Brinstar. Too bad about the seeding. And DSMASHING WADDLE DEES IS SO MUCH FUN XD

17. Crowbar - Good thing you didn't let me get the infinite. You're good at catching bananas.

17. Stef - Sorry ._.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Don't be sorry V115, you deserved your win. :) I know I can do much better than I did yesterday, I dunno what came over me really.

Poke: Your happy-dance is probably the best thing ever. Way to go dude. :p

BTW, Laura used Pikachu.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I thought Red-X mained Ike....

CHARLIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Damn, this was a great tourney. I was completely mentally exhausted from all the intense sets. I definitely think I got a lot better at this one.
Oh, there's a typo in the doubles. His name is Red X, not Rod X. Unless I'm mistaken, in which case, there's a typo in singles XD
Thanks bro. Shoutouts later when I'm less lazy. And when do the vids typically come up for the brackets? Hyped to see my intense matches :bee:

EDIT:
I thought Red-X mained Ike....
Yeah apparently there's another one of me lol. But it's right I main meta... unfortunately.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Good **** Poke. But, DDM dk < i1337 DK.

Good **** to Joe for just stomping everyone out of brackets. I heard about nothing but 2-0s and 3-0s the whole way through.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
it was nice seein u guys but forreal, i know it sounds like a john but you can even ask tin i told him the night before that i had a fever and was thinkin of not coming, cause i knew i was gonna play like shiitt
and yea i just felt like garbage, threw up in the washroom, i was on autopilot the whole time, wasnt even concentrating, i suicided a lot of times and really wasnt feeling well.

but lesson learnt, dont go to a tourney when youre sick. i was losin MMs and bracket matches to people that i never lose to, and i came so close to losin to a couple of people i shouldnt have either. but yeah yeah no johns, learn from your mistakes.

either way im making up for this next time.

good job i1337 but you have no idea how salty i am from that, im challenging you to $50 MM BO5. or if 50 is too much then just put down the highest amount of money you are willing to.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
i1337 has a great DK, mine and his are just different I think.
He seems to have some match-ups down that I use Fox and Snake for, which is admirable.

I have a feeling in a serious DK ditto he would win 2-1, since I like to focus on a couple of characters to help with DKs bad MUs.

I was off my game this tourney, but I'll be better next time we all play.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Poke, but I gotta say good **** cause your DK monkeyf***er threw it all over my Marth.

Single Wii-mote for top tier.

Edit: I think Link98 used Captain Falcon, based on the Item FFAs I had with this guy.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
My shoutouts :D

1. Toronto Joe ($156) - Did you get shorter? Grats on first, I saw you in doubles doing random stuff, it gave me a laugh.
2. Tin Man ($78) - I swear, you play Oli just to piss off people.
3. Hype ($26) - Sorry about the Wii mote issues in our set.
4. Poke - / What? Ps. Your arms are bruised from carrying the Tv.
5. Cruxis - Get better and try not to nade pull so high, you'll be Uair'd.
5. i1337 - You mixed up your punches second match, I pulled out my King TrollTrollTroll third match.
7. Gichan - Getting clipped by the end of Falco's Usmash, sorry about that.
7. V115 - Learn the Dsmash Infinite on Wario.
9. Mr.concon (California, USA) - (forfeit to catch a flight)
9. Red X - We didn't play, but, nice seeing you.
9. Shard - Grats on almost beating Hype.
9. Dan-Da-Man - / Lasering is not safe when Falco is at d-smash range.
13. Inle - Sorry about Dk Marth. ^-^; Nice playing you again, though.
13. SK - Meta, really?
13. JustNoOne - You'll do better next time, just get the CG down, I'm sure of it.
13. Supreme Dirt - Not dead last anymore, keep up the good work. DeDeDeDeDeDk.
17. Skyler Silver - Your Kirby had my Dk game one, but, I still managed to win that, yay me.
17. imag - Who are you? I've honestly never seen you.
17. Sawd - ^
17. .exe - Keep that ZSS up.
17. Crowbar - ^ But Diddy.
17. DCF! - Man, it was nice seeing you again, but, getting Swallow gimped by D3, I feel your pain.
17. Stef - You're improving too.
17. Zetsu - And you.
25. Billet log - And Hi.
25. link98 - Don't ever connect a wii mote to a wii mid match, ever. I'm still not happy about that.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I saw in the last thread and in this one with a lot of bashing towards poke's placing...he ***** period. Stop with the, "wtf poke is free, the good players didn't go" etc bull****. He was on point and that's that. I'd say if he only beat me that ok he had a riding cause concon forfeited and I'm free, but he backed his placing up with his win over i1337, which may I remind is 5th on our PR.

And DDM, come on buddy, don't be spreading that Inui logic. Although he did place that well, it may or may not mean you would have to. But you're legit, I'm one of your fans lol, so don't think I don't believe you can.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I saw in the last thread and in this one with a lot of bashing towards poke's placing...he ***** period. Stop with the, "wtf poke is free, the good players didn't go" etc bull****. He was on point and that's that. I'd say if he only beat me that ok he had a riding cause concon forfeited and I'm free, but he backed his placing up with his win over i1337, which may I remind is 5th on our PR.

And DDM, come on buddy, don't be spreading that Inui logic. Although he did place that well, it may or may not mean you would have to. But you're legit, I'm one of your fans lol, so don't think I don't believe you can.
Gi, it's fine. I have this.
I'm so free, I beat Pr Members.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
7. V115 - Learn the Dsmash Infinite on Wario.
Lol, didn't face any Warios this tourney, and I already know ZSS' infinite on Wario.
Turns out the dsmash --> pivot grab --> grab release doesn't work. Wario can Bike out.
But we have this, and it's hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Ocft5K4OE
So easy. I probably won't land it often though.

FYI, I lost to Mr.Concon's Luigi (SDed 4 times in that set) and Cruxis' Snake (Had a chance game 2 but kinda SD'ed so I got 2-0'd)

sawd

Smash Rookie
Thanks Tin for hosting this tournament and making my first tournament a good experience. I also want to thank all the people who I played in bracket and did friendlies with for being extremely nice and making this experience very enjoyable. I will surely think about entering more tournaments in the future.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Remember that if you are disappointed with your result, you can always just go to the tournaments to play friendlies to learn more. It's always nice to have new people into our scene, for a start go to A&C Games on Tuesdays from 3-8pm, people always go.

Zetsubou

Smash Cadet
Looking to improve Falco (Tips and pointers anyone>?), might pick up pit again (Good or bad idea...only time will tell), and ditto (I think its sauc3) for green samus and find out why my samus is so dogpoo :D
!Poke-sensei amazing job very impressive even if a few of the top dogs didn't show.... 4th!, that's saying something for next time around ^___^... btw who do you main>? have always been wondering this.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Lol, didn't face any Warios this tourney, and I already know ZSS' infinite on Wario.
Turns out the dsmash --> pivot grab --> grab release doesn't work. Wario can Bike out.
But we have this, and it's hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Ocft5K4OE
So easy. I probably won't land it often though.

FYI, I lost to Mr.Concon's Luigi (SDed 4 times in that set) and Cruxis' Snake (Had a chance game 2 but kinda SD'ed so I got 2-0'd)
Didn't say which~

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Looking to improve Falco (Tips and pointers anyone>?), might pick up pit again (Good or bad idea...only time will tell), and ditto (I think its sauc3) for green samus and find out why my samus is so dogpoo :D
!Poke-sensei amazing job very impressive even if a few of the top dogs didn't show.... 4th!, that's saying something for next time around ^___^... btw who do you main>? have always been wondering this.
I think I main Falco.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Woah! Hold on. There was another Luigi main there? Was he any good? <.<..

Top Bottom