• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiD 2: inb4august | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Results/Shoutouts/Vids | 7/30/2011

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Original tourney thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306891

Singles: 35 people entered

[collapse=Singles bracket]

[/collapse]

$10 Entry fee

1. Holy Nightmare ($175) - :metaknight:
2. Bassem (Oklahoma, USA) ($87.5) - :warioc:
3. Swordgard ($52.5) - :popo:/:snake:
4. Tin Man ($17.5) - :olimar:
5. JMo ($8.75) - :metaknight:
5. i1337 ($8.75) - :dk2:
7. Peachy - :peach:
7. Sauc3 - :metaknight:
9. Gichan - :warioc:
9. Meekspeedy - :sonic:
9. Iliad - :marth:/:falco:
9. Mr.L - :luigi2:
13. Leafshadow - :rob:
13. Mprime - :metaknight:
13. cMeDu - :metaknight:
13. PROF LABCOAT (Phiddlesticks) - :wario:
----------------------------------------------------Pools cutoff-------------------------------------------------
17. Zetsu - :falco:
17. V115 - :zerosuitsamus:
17. Skyler Silver - :kirby2:
17. Poke - :falco:
17. NekoNekoXD - :metaknight:
17. XP - :kirby:/:falco:
17. AAAAAA - :ness2:
17. .exe - :zerosuitsamus:
25. Looftwaffles - :marth:
25. ! - :snake:
25. imag - :falco:
25. JustNoOne - :popo:
25. Supreme Dirt - :yoshi2:
25. Fuddo - :pit:
25. Sweet Dreams - :fox:/:link2:
25. Snake23 - :marth:
33. kimora - :pikachu2:
33. K2O - :random:
33. Jupiter - :diddy:

[collapse=~Singles Pools~ (top 2 made it out)]Pool1:

Pool 2:

Pool 3:

Pool 4:

Pool 5:

Pool 6:

Pool 7:

Pool 8:

[/collapse]

Doubles: 14 teams entered

[collapse=Doubles bracket]

[/collapse]

$10 Entry fee (per team)

1. Heartless ($168 split) (Holy Nightmare + Tin Man) - :metaknight: + :olimar:
2. Holy sleeps on the floor ($84 split) (Bassem + Swordgard) - :warioc: + :snake:
3. Tin Man's Prodigies ($28 split) (cMeDu + JMo) - :metaknight: + :metaknight:
4. Tremors & Tibbers (Sauc3 + Meekspeedy) - :metaknight: + :sonic:
5. Husband & Wife (Peachy + Iliad) - :peach: + :marth:
5. A work of fart (Gichan + Phiddlesticks) - :warioc: + :wario:
7. iRobots (Skyler Silver + Leafshadow) - :kirby2: + :rob:
7. Whitby (Mr.L + Mprime) - :metaknight: + :metaknight:
9. Team Mother (Jupiter + AAAAA) - :lucas: + :ness2:
9. 2 guys, 1 wiimote (Neko + Poke) - :metaknight: + :falco:
9. Who's the girl (Looftwaffles + Fuddo) - :marth: + :pit:
9. Mazz (Tommygun + NOD) - :random: + :random:
13. Peruvian centipedes (Kid Koodie + Spez) - :random:: + :random:
13. Tourists (uh? + Korusan) - :link2: + :marth:

Amateur: 19 entrants

[collapse=Amateur bracket]

[/collapse]

$0 Entry fee

1. Poke (won 3 plushies) - :falco:
2. V115 (won 2 plushies) - :zerosuitsamus:
3. JustNoOne (won 1 plushie) - :popo:
4. Skyler Silver - :kirby2:
5. Zetsu - :falco:
5. .exe - :zerosuitsamus:
7. K2O - :random:
7. imag - :falco:
9. Looftwaffles - :marth:
9. Supreme Dirt - :yoshi2:
9. XP - :kirby:/:falco:
9. Jupiter - :diddy:
13. NekoNekoXD (forfeit) - :metaknight:
13. Fuddo - :pit:
13. Snake23 - :marth:
13. AAAAA - :ness2:
17. ! - :snake:
17. Sweet Dreams - :fox:/:link2:
17. Kimora - :marth:

- If I put your character incorrectly (or if u have a :random: symbol for a character) please tell me who you used so I can adjust the characters accordingly. In addition, if you main multiple characters, you get 1 character regardless of wins/losses, however if I am to add another character beside your name, you must have won at least 1 game with that character IN BRACKETS, or several games with that character in pools. Please tell me if I should adjust your characters

- VIDEOS:
Youtube Channel:
CanadaBrawl

IF YOUR WII WAS AT THIS TOURNEY AND IT HAD HOMEBREW ON IT, VIDEOS WERE MOST LIKELY RECORDED ON IT. SHOOT ME A PM ASAP SO I KNOW WHO U ARE AND THAT UR WII HAS REPLAYS OF THIS TOURNEY. WE'LL GO FROM THERE!

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
IM PRETTY SURE LABCOAT IS A SINGLE WORD SO IM NOT SURE WHY THERE IS A SPACE BETWE

also in doubles Jupiter/AAAAA were using Lucas/Ness (staying true to their team name)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
AAAAA here, like Phiddlesticks said, Jupiter used Lucas in the doubles bracket. For the amateurs he jumped characters quite a bit, but I think he used Diddy the most. Sweet Dreams played Fox when I faced him in pools, I'm assuming that was his main. Kimora was Marth every time I saw her play (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

Team Tourists was Link and Marth.

Speaking of which, those two told me they had a blast today, Uh? is visiting from the UK and Korusan was visiting from Kingston. Thanks for hosting, Tin, and thanks for being awesome, everyone! :)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
So that's who you are! I was looking for a Tag called PgZ01 Last time.

snake23

Smash Cadet
Good stuff i337 i saw your dk in action that punch is spot on, keep it up thanks for representing toronto. I was born in the city of toronto, so i am so glad that you won that match up with mk on brinstar and the rest of your matches.

Your dk is so beast i have mad respect for you, now that match with mk was so hype on brinstar when it was on the live stream.

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
1. Holy Nightmare ($175) - Why do I gotta play you R1 =.= what is this lamesauce LOL Awh well, hype matches vs bassem. those 7 jumps :p

2. Bassem (Oklahoma, USA) ($87.5) - Hmmm you're really good. Really good. Sexy wario, thanks for being in my pools. Wolf is #1

3. Swordgard ($52.5) - Wolf is #1 learn the wario matchup, thanks for remembering my name etc etc

4. Tin Man ($17.5) - (Y) good tourney bro. Very very good :p

5. JMo ($8.75) - aaa

5. i1337 ($8.75) - That donkey kong. Sooo good :O

7. Peachy - That peach. Sooo goooooood :O. That match on halberd LOL wrecked us.

7. Sauc3 - Fun matches, fun guy, get a new controller D:

9. Gichan - Double wario in teams eh :p

9. Meekspeedy - Tell sauce to get a new controller D: Fun guy fun guy, really awesome fun to chill with you. I hope you feel better.

9. Iliad - I'll GET YOU NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p no salt!

9. Mr.L - Wow I didn't play you, ive NEVER played you what is this LOL

13. Leafshadow - Wow I didn't play you, ive NEVER played you what is this LOL

13. Mprime - Dat mk

13. cMeDu -

13. PROF LABCOAT (Phiddlesticks) - Bowser is #1
----------------------------------------------------Pools cutoff-------------------------------------------------
17. Zetsu - Wow I didn't play you, ive NEVER played you what is this LOL

17. V115 - I figured your weakness after the set dang, amazing zss though. Frigate is #1

17. Skyler Silver - Wow I didn't play you, ive NEVER played you what is this LOL

17. Poke - I LOVED YOUR COMEBACK IN GFs oh man was EPICCC

17. NekoNekoXD - Pools gayed you D:

17. XP - play the game more

Tin Man

Smash Hero
AAAAA here, like Phiddlesticks said, Jupiter used Lucas in the doubles bracket. For the amateurs he jumped characters quite a bit, but I think he used Diddy the most. Sweet Dreams played Fox when I faced him in pools, I'm assuming that was his main. Kimora was Marth every time I saw her play (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

Team Tourists was Link and Marth.

Speaking of which, those two told me they had a blast today, Uh? is visiting from the UK and Korusan was visiting from Kingston. Thanks for hosting, Tin, and thanks for being awesome, everyone! :)
INTERNATIONAL ATTENDANCE? WOOHOO

/caps

Mprime

Smash Ace
good tourney tin. it went very smooth. I was impressed that the last match began at 10pm on the dot. Everything went down the way i hoped it would, Canada vs USA last set last game last hit (talk about hype). Glad Canada won of course! only issue i had was the lack of ac but the heat wasn't intolerable so i didn't matter too much anyway, at least the venue is very easy to get to.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
this is the very first time pools didnt take 5 hours!

good job tin!! even though in this case that kinda screwed me over oh the ironyyy pools take for fukking ever when im there but they go by fast the only time i didnt want them to

mudda****ing guy wouldnt let me and joe join imma tell you that top 5 wouldda been different if we did but yea yea i kno that you did what u had to do i made money anyway and thats all that matterss

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
So that's who you are! I was looking for a Tag called PgZ01 Last time.
Maybe that'll be my gamertag one day, who knows. :cool:

INTERNATIONAL ATTENDANCE? WOOHOO

/caps
3 countries representin', awwwww ye
lololololololololol

Btw I feel kind of silly having mentioned characters for like 5 people and forgot to mention that I won a bracket game as Kirby (still got my *** handed to me in that set overall though). :)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
There should be Metaknight beside a lot of names.

1. Holy Nightmare ($175) - :metaknight: - didn't play or talk to you
2. Bassem (Oklahoma, USA) ($87.5) - :warioc: next time you're here I want to play against you with my Ganon.
3. Swordgard ($52.5) - :popo:/:snake: - :troll:
4. Tin Man ($17.5) - :olimar: - tourney was great, and props for first in doubles.
5. JMo ($8.75) - :metaknight: - didn't play or talk to you.
5. i1337 ($8.75) - :dk2:/:metaknight: Well I suppose going Metaknight was okay since you main DK... but why still play DK?
7. Peachy - :peach: - Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Peachy!
7. Sauc3 - :metaknight: - Didn't really play or talk to you.
9. Gichan - :warioc: - You'll get it next time. Toronto is going to step it up.
9. Meekspeedy - :sonic: - I have no idea to fight Sonic. I really hope I figure it out for next time.
9. Iliad - :marth:/:falco: - didn't really play or talk to you.
9. Mr.L - :metaknight: - I am disappoint.
13. Leafshadow - :rob: - DOUBLE YOSHI!!!!!
13. Mprime - :metaknight: - You can do better than this :/ Also next time I'll have my Pokémon.
13. cMeDu - :metaknight: - didn't play or talk to you
13. PROF LABCOAT (Phiddlesticks) - :wario: - :/ where's dat Bowser?
17. Zetsu - :falco: - You can also do better than this.
17. V115 - :zerosuitsamus: - Didn't play or talk
17. Skyler Silver - :kirby2: - You're kirby is actually getting better! Good job, you'll do better next time.
17. Poke - :falco: - To be perfectly honest, I think the Wiimote is holding you back. You can't DACUS. People can DI away from your down throw and they're SAFE.
17. NekoNekoXD - :metaknight: - Will work on my grabs for sure. Great games.
17. XP - :snake: - Good ****. Now just actually practice and make brackets.
17. AAAAAA - :ness2: - Make brackets nesst time. And yes, I do think that's funny.
17. .exe - :zerosuitsamus: - bluh I don't know how to fight your character. I'm not entirely sure how I won, but good games. Definitely want a rematch sometime.
25. Looftwaffles - :marth: - You can do better than this :/
25. ! - :snake: - EXCLAMATION POINT
25. imag - :falco: - didn't play or talk to you.
25. JustNoOne - :popo:/:metaknight: - Great seeing you again, I'll try not to forget your name now.
25. Supreme Dirt - :yoshi2: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sykxKk_cXHY
25. Fuddo - :pit: - You can do better. More planking!!!!
25. Sweet Dreams - :fox:/:link2: - I looooooooooooove playing against Link. We need to play again sometime.
25. Snake23 - :marth: - You're getting better. Keep coming to smashfests and tournaments!
33. kimora - :marth: - didn't really play or talk to you
33. K2O - :random: - didn't really play or talk to you
33. Jupiter - :diddy: - nice playing you. Great games overall, your Diddy is pretty decent.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Basically it went like this.

I realized I'm getting more and more sick of Brawl.

I really, really wanted to play Yoshi when this game came out (but knew about the whole Jump OoS and didn't).

So I did.

I mean, within the next year 90% of the scene will be playing MK, so... yeah.

I'm bad. So rather than playing to win, I'm just in it for fun now.

If I manage to pull off wins while doing it, then bonus.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
WTF is this ****, why is MK by my name?!?!...Get that garbage outta here, I went all Luigi this tournament.

Anyway, good tournament it was fun, although I was mad tired throughout the entire thing. Shoutouts later

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
JMo = TO Joe?
nah, wasnt allowed to enter brackets

also just wanted to say im pretty dissapointed in not just tinman but also the community for not allowing me to make it in pools despite coming as quickly as possible and calling beforehand, next time im asked to play friendlies dont cry when i say no, let it die at that cause im over it

Kongmetal

Smash Journeyman
WTF is this ****, why is MK by my name?!?!...Get that garbage outta here, I went all Luigi this tournament.

Anyway, good tournament it was fun, although I was mad tired throughout the entire thing. Shoutouts later
That Mr. Mk... kiddin
wish i couldve come

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
*Re-enactment of dubz GF's*
Illiad: How does it feel to win another dubz GF in Ontario?
Holy: Feels good... Feel good...*awkward stare then walks away* LOL
Negromar: *talks his whole life story*

Best interview..

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
1. Holy Nightmare ($175) - Good job as always, watching you and Bassem go at it in GFs was amazing.

2. Bassem (Oklahoma, USA) ($87.5) - Same as above. Also, too bad I didn't get the infinite on you in pools, that set could have been much more interesting. No johns though, you have a great Wario. Still laughing about that edgehog XD

3. Swordgard ($52.5) - / You probably hear this a lot, but, it is very interesting to watch you (YOU, not your character) play. Grats on 3rd.

4. Tin Man ($17.5) - Great tourney of course, and good job at hyping up the entire room XD

5. i1337 ($8.75) - Holy **** 5th wtf man good job

7. Peachy - Same placing as last time, but that's not really a bad thing. Good job at getting 1st seed.

9. Gichan - I want to play your Wario O.O

9. Meekspeedy - I want to play your Sonic O.O (and maybe MK)

9. Iliad - 115 volts XD

13. cMeDu - Great pools set, so salty. I WANT A REMATCH.

17. V115 - You're awesome

17. Poke - Dude wtf what a comeback XD Those GFs made my day, they were so much fun. And matchup johns :D
I'll beat your Falco soon lulul

17. XP - Believe it or not, you were a big challenge for me. I was actually worried that you were going to beat me on RC. Good set.

25. ! - Fun set in pools

25. JustNoOne - Friendlies were fun.

25. Fuddo - Annoying Pit XD

33. K2O - Fun set in pools

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
1. Holy Nightmare ($175) - :metaknight: - Man, good ****, that was one hell of a GF.
2. Bassem (Oklahoma, USA) ($87.5) - :warioc: - You have an AMAZING Wario, so amazing, that I was actually pretty disappointed that you lost. No offence Holy.
3. Swordgard ($52.5) - :popo:/:snake: - Shiek 2gud
4. Tin Man ($17.5) - :olimar: - You got to experience dat downtown hospitality, hope it was good. xD And good **** this tourney, was really hoping you would win that match against SG.
5. JMo ($8.75) - :metaknight: - Man, you're too good. Hope you got home safely. LOL.
5. i1337 ($8.75) - :dk2: - Dat Donkey Punch. <3
7. Peachy - :peach: - Lol, sorry I wasn't much of an opponent in friendlies.
7. Sauc3 - :metaknight: - I had no chance against you in pools. But still, gg.
9. Gichan - :warioc: - I had a hard time figuring out who you were exactly cheering for the whole time during GF's. LOL
13. Leafshadow - :rob: - Nice job making brackets, you'll get'em next time.
13. cMeDu - :metaknight: - Man, I don't have a Wii and I got SSF4 to play. xD
13. PROF LABCOAT (Phiddlesticks) - :wario: - I was looking forward to seeing that Bowser. :/ Oh well, still did good though.
17. V115 - :zerosuitsamus: - LOL at getting me to 100% before the 10 second mark. You're ZSS is legit though.
17. Skyler Silver - :kirby2: - Rep dat Kirby
17. Poke - :falco: - YEAHHHHH REPPIN' DTC. 2gud man.
17. NekoNekoXD - :metaknight: - Lol, get some sleep before tourney next time. xD
17. XP - :kirby2: / :falco: - *Fixed* - You suck bro. =_= Get a Wii and start practicing.
17. .exe - :zerosuitsamus: - TEAM WINDOWS!
25. JustNoOne - :popo: - GG's in amateur brackets
25. Supreme Dirt - :yoshi2: - Lolwut, no D3?
25. Fuddo - :pit: - We had no chance of making it out of pools. xD GG's in pools, really close games.

And yeah, Tin, I went all Kirby and Falco this tourney, I didn't even touch Snake. Had a wicked time this tourney, nice to see everyone's still nice after not being in the scene for a few months. Hype for next tourney, going to get practicing....if I get a Wii.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Might as well leave shoutouts... ^-^

1. Holy Nightmare ($175) - You scared me when you rolled into those F-Smashes. Smasher Rule #1: Never roll towards your Opponent, Jump or roll away if you're going to roll.
2. Bassem (Oklahoma, USA) ($87.5) - Haha, amazing Wario, give Gi some tips. Though, on Frigate, you had a full waft whn you fell, why didn't you use it? You would have won.
3. Swordgard ($52.5) - Seizure Hands, Getting 3 stocked by you.. I was okay with that. Thanks for the Tips on Ice Climbers.
4. Tin Man ($17.5) - Never saw you play. :D
5. JMo ($8.75) - Never saw you play :D
5. i1337 ($8.75) - I think I saw you play once..
7. Peachy - I suppose saying 'You can have it' means I didn't give it to you. I wanted to play you, next time, though.
7. Sauc3 - Picto.. don't choose random xD Playing you is always a Blast, reading my reads.. so much fun.
9. Gichan - I can honestly say.. I never saw you sitting down. Sorry about the confusion at the end, I couldn't explain it that well.
9. Meekspeedy - Not using Sonic anymore.. really?
9. Iliad - We surprised you in Dubs, didn't we?
9. Mr.L - I should have D-Smashed..
13. Leafshadow - You thought you were going to do worse? I didn't even make it out of Pools.. I dn't see why he didn't do top 3, he did it before with 5 people pools.
13. Mprime - You always seem so serious and mad.. I guess that explains your aggressiveness in brawl ^-^
13. cMeDu - You didn't play my Ike since I beat you with him long ago. Yet, I still have to self destruct for you to beat him? Learn the MU. Just gimp him, it isn't hard.
13. PROF LABCOAT (Phiddlesticks) - Nice Wario, it was different than Playing Gi's.
17. Zetsu - You need to talk.
17. V115 - Your Zamus knows the Falco MU very well.. I didn't want you playing my Falco in Semi's too much, I didn't want you to analyze my playstyle, yay TLink <3 Also, future reference, don't pause mid match, that gets you disqualified, but, I didn't say anything. You got impatient near the end of Grand Finals.. also 'Is that all?' is my Wifi taunt.
17. Skyler Silver - It was good to see you after so long, you've become better at brawl.
17. Poke - It's not fun when your opponent doesn't have an Advantage, is it? Also, get better.
17. NekoNekoXD - =/
17. XP - Don't drop this game you have so much potential, go to your cousins like your Brother to play.
17. AAAAA - Again, Congrats on beating Looft, you've come a long way since when I first saw you play, try playing online to improve, just play in freeplay on AiB, but, try to balance it out.
17. .exe - It was good to see you again, I liked the Glasses and it sucks what happened to you.
25. Looftwaffles - You can beat me, we go at even hands, or 55:45. Stop underestimating people.
25. ! - Who are you?
25. imag - ^
25. JustNoOne - You're so much fun to talk to, so much fun.. I might cheat on Peachy :p Anyway, I'm glad you dropped the chain grabs/ missed the Spikes.. I. C are tough..
25. Supreme Dirt - Just go DDD.
25. Fuddo - What I said to AAAAA minus one part.
25. Sweet Dreams - I think I know who you are..
25. Snake23 - 'AAAAA'.
33. kimora - Who are you?
33. K2O - And you.
33. Jupiter - I think I know who you are.

Wii Mote Di~

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
"You didn't play my Ike since I beat you with him long ago. Yet, I still have to self destruct for you to beat him? Learn the MU. Just gimp him, it isn't hard."

To be fair though, they weren't 100% sd's since I hit you offstage and I also didn't wanna gaynado in friendlies. That's my john :awesome:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Did you use Shuttle Loop? Because personally I consider that worse than Nado.

Top Bottom