• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiD 13: Brawling through the snow | Toronto, ON, Can | Results/Shoutouts | 2/2/2013

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to Quebec :)

Hosted by:

Follow & Like Vitality :)
Brawl Singles: 37 people entered

[collapse=Brawl Singles Pools]Pool 1:

Pool 2:

Pool 3:

Pool 4:

Pool 5:

Pool 6:

Pool 7:

Pool 8:

[/collapse]

[collapse=Brawl Singles Bracket]
[/collapse]

$10 Entry fee

1. HolyNightmare ($200) - :metaknight:
2. Swordgard ($90) - :popo:
3. Toronto Joe ($35) - :metaknight:
4. infiniteV115 ($20) - :zerosuitsamus:
5. Kairo Kent (Cruxis) ($10) - :snake:
5. R e d X ($10) - :ness2:/:metaknight:
7. Blacktwins - :yoshi2:/:popo:
7. Poke - :dk2:
9. [GDLK] Tin Man - :olimar:
9. Morks - :snake:/:dk2:
9. Suzaku - :marth:
9. Ruinn - :popo:
13. Guard - :fox:
13. Fisch - :falco:
13. Inle - :marth:
13. Dan-Da-Man - :snake:

------------------------------------------Pools Cutoff------------------------------------------

17. Radec (Leafshadow) - :rob:
17. Mprime - :metaknight:
17. Blackgold - :falcon:/:jigglypuff:
17. Pappy - :lucario:
17. pidgezero_one - :random:
17. Mr.L - :luigi2:
17. Shard - :rob:/:kirby2:/:gw:
17. Zhao - :luigi2:
25. AK - :random:
25. KillerAP - :random:
25. Syrup - :random:
25. Trilo - :lucario:
25. Thisan - :random:
25. WingZero (Bing) - :fox:
25. Yosh - :zerosuitsamus:
25. Knart - :random:
33. Colin - :random:
33. Jay - :random:
33. Laurie - :random:
33. Jen - :kirby2:
33. Astro - :lucario:

Brawl Doubles: 12 teams entered

[collapse=Brawl Doubles Bracket]

[/collapse]

$20 Entry fee (per team)

1. HolyNightmare + [GDLK] Tin Man ($144) - :metaknight: + :olimar:
2. infiniteV115 + Blacktwins ($70 split) - :lucas: + :zerosuitsamus:
3. Swordgard + Guard ($20 split) - :snake: + :fox:
4. R e d X + Fisch - :metaknight: + :falco:
5. Mr.L + Zhao - :luigi2: + :luigi2:
5. Morks + Dan-Da-Man - :wario:/:snake: + :lucario:
7. Blackgold + Shard - :metaknight: + :gw:
7. Sonic Weiner (Poke + pidgezero_one) - :random: + :random:
9. Jen + Astro - :kirby2: + :lucario:
9. Jay + Laurie - :random: + :random:
9. Mprime + Radec - :metaknight: + :rob:
9. KillerAP + AK - :random: + :random:

- If I put your character incorrectly (or if u have a :random: symbol for a character) please tell me who you used so I can adjust the characters accordingly. In addition, if you main multiple characters, you get 1 character regardless of wins/losses, however if I am to add another character beside your name, you must have won at least 1 game with that character

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Wow, we uploaded this quickly for once.

I like how me and tin tied in placing but he's so many slots higher, dat bias! =(

I also used mk and dk.

fun tourney!

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
from now on hamilton is a strictly project m only zone

so i hope there are some p:m side events coming soon to a showdown in downtown near you

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
swordgardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
wow

Love it when old legends never die :p

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
My character usage in singles should be :falcon:/:jigglypuff: since those are the only two characters I won games with. In doubles Shard and I were :metaknight: + :gw: in all matches but one in which we went double :rob: and lost

from now on hamilton is a strictly project m only zone

so i hope there are some p:m side events coming soon to a showdown in downtown near you
You mean from now on Hamilton is a ****ing AWESOME zone.

This region needs more PM players. If you want a PM event bring setups with PM on them, I'm pretty sure the biggest thing preventing Tin from doing a PM side event is lack of setups.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Holy ****. The top half of the bracket looks so much harder then the bottom half.

:018:

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
Awesome tournament everyone! And Tin Man, I went Lucario in both doubles and singles.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
I used Rob, Kirby, and GaW in singles. GGs everyone, was fun to see so many people again since I havent been to one of these in awhile. You guys are all awesome, It was also cool to see and play friendlies with people from Quebec as well :)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Holy ****. The top half of the bracket looks so much harder then the bottom half.

:018:
Um wtf is up with this bracket?

:phone:
5 "big names" so one side is gonna look more stacked then the other.

Other then that, Suzaku lost to Poke in pools, and R e d X lost to Morks in pools. The victors of these matches were put on the bottom side. Other than that, the weakest player in bracket was on the top. And finally, the bracket was randomized for a certain level of objectivity. And that's what we decided to run with.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
K since Tin fixed my character usage I can do shoutouts now :D:D:D

1. HolyNightmare ($200) - :metaknight: Good Job winning! Can't say I'm surprised though ;) GGs in dubs and that 1 Project M friendly we played :D
2. Swordgard ($90) - :popo: You tried to make me think you were a new player when we were about to play friendlies lmao. Just wanted to let you know I wasn't fooled for a second
4. infiniteV115 ($20) - :zerosuitsamus: GGs in pools man, I think I should have gone Jigglypuff :D
5. R e d X ($10) - :ness2:/:metaknight: GGs in dubs, I think we could have beat you guys but oh well
9. [GDLK] Tin Man - :olimar: GGs in dubs
9. Morks - :snake:/:dk2: GGs in Project M! Your Ganon is too good lmao
13. Fisch - :falco: URGH SO SALTY lmao GGs man, because of you I'm changing my tag to Shiny Mewtwo. I hope you're happy
------------------------------------------Pools Cutoff------------------------------------------

17. Radec (Leafshadow) - :rob: GGs in dubs man, and in Project M as well. It was way too fun lmao
17. Mprime - :metaknight: GGs in dubs!
17. Blackgold - :falcon:/:jigglypuff: This is the last time anyone will see the bolded part in a results thread ;) Low Tiers FTW
17. pidgezero_one - :random: Jiggs dittos on Hanenbow was the hypest game I watched all tournament
17. Shard - :rob:/:kirby2:/:gw: Was fun teaming with you! We should do it again some time.
25. Syrup - :random: GGs in pools
33. Laurie - :random: GGs in pools!
33. Jen - :kirby2: GGs in dubs
33. Astro - :lucario: GGs in dubs

Ruinn

Smash Ace
I'l agree to that when somebody else takes even a match off holy, hell try a set : P.
To be fair, my pool set with holy wasnt that bad. we were both 2stocks 1st match ics vs mk when i decided to derp tech a stage spike, only to then dair right off, lol.

and in mk dittos game 2 i got him to 1stock. so im coming for him, dont worry. ;)

i also wish i didnt sd in our set game 1 as donkey kong. really demoralized me. =(

Shoutouts later!

swordgard

Smash Hero
To be fair, my pool set with holy wasnt that bad. we were both 2stocks 1st match ics vs mk when i decided to derp tech a stage spike, only to then dair right off, lol.

and in mk dittos game 2 i got him to 1stock. so im coming for him, dont worry. ;)

i also wish i didnt sd in our set game 1 as donkey kong. really demoralized me. =(

Shoutouts later!
Damn not bad.
And holy crap you should choose another color, I can't read what your typing unless I highlight it.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
I was Snake/Fox in singles, Lucario/Snake in doubles
kinda mediocre placing, but I'm not really upset considering who I lost to lol, plus this tourney was a blast

shoutouts to :metaknight: for reaming me in winners and losers lmao

shoutouts to morks for being a legit partner.. sorry I couldn't take us further. I had a great time teaming with ya man

shoutouts to swordgard for being a hilarious sob, ggs man, 99-1

shoutouts to everyone else I played, I had a great time, and I'll see you all again next time :)

shoutouts to quebec for being awesome

swordgard

Smash Hero
I was Snake/Fox in singles, Lucario/Snake in doubles
kinda mediocre placing, but I'm not really upset considering who I lost to lol, plus this tourney was a blast

shoutouts to :metaknight: for reaming me in winners and losers lmao

shoutouts to morks for being a legit partner.. sorry I couldn't take us further. I had a great time teaming with ya man

shoutouts to swordgard for being a hilarious sob, ggs man, 99-1

shoutouts to everyone else I played, I had a great time, and I'll see you all again next time :)

shoutouts to quebec for being awesome
"You wouldn't win with falcon."
"Damn it now I have to go falcon..."

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Had an amazing Time, got to meet the Quebecians, good entertainment by Kairo Kent and Tojoe,
sexy duo commentary with Red-x, V115, Pidge, Stef, Morks, Guard, and Stroumbert. quick short shoutouts.
SHOUTOUTS TO: Kairo ****'s (Cruxis) Swearing time. My Biggest Enjoyment throughout the whole tournament.
SHOUTOUTS TO: TO Joe for trolling my facebook Friend, thae peron you showed me 'SLAINED ME' Got Me Dying for awhile. TY for the good trolls c:
SHOUTOUTS TO: Quebec for coming by and taking our money, always a pleasure.
SHOUTOUTS TO: Luco finally seeing the legendary Poutine c: And Raziek for showing me that jv4 stock vid with zhao.
more personal/descriptive shoutouts to each person coming soon.

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
1. HolyNightmare - Jveux qui stuuuuuuuuuuue. Good job, pal.
2. Swordgard - Sick placing right there, better than doing your school team project lol.
3. Toronto Joe ($35) - Good job! We didn't play that much, all I remember is we laughed at pretty much anything because we were tired or on something lol.
4. infiniteV115 ($20) - Hoped we could have played more friendlies, maybe next time :)
5. Kairo Kent (Cruxis) ($10) - YOU ARE THE ENTERTAINER! 1-0 for me, will you tie it up in March? =D
5. R e d X ($10) - Sweet placing, man! Next tournament, we got this for doubles hehe!
7. Blacktwins - Your yoshi is amazing, can't wait to play against you again to learn the real yoshi matchup haha.
7. Poke - Shadow of The Colossus called, they want you back!
9. [GDLK] Tin Man - Thanks for hosting this (same to Wingzero), I had a blast! Friendlies next time? :)
9. Morks - Your landings with Snake are bad and you should feel bad!
9. Suzaku - Amazing Marth, I have a lot to learn from the matchup and you :)
9. Ruinn - "DK est intelligent", that's why you won against me lol....seriously you deserved it. Awesome DK, gonna bother Mar1 with the fact you owned me :)
13. Guard - Yiff Yiff, do better next time, my boy!
13. Fisch - Nice set (got lucky on first match though lol). I've always been scared of Falcos.
13. Inle - Next time, we'll do friendlies.
13. Dan-Da-Man - We had this in doubles! Until you SD'd 14714 times hahaha! It was really fun teaming with you! :)

17. Radec (Leafshadow) - Never played, sorry :S
17. Mprime - We only played half a brawl match and some P:M matches. We'll do more friendlies in March :)
17. Blackgold - Ivysaur, saur SAUR! Was nice playing P:M with you.
17. Pappy - TU SUCES!!!!!!
17. pidgezero_one - Thanks a lot for the housing, you're a funny person!....poop.
17. Mr.L - Never actually played you (I think once, but in doubles). We'll do friendlies in March alright? :)
17. Shard - Nice friendlies, your Bowser impressed me! :)
17. Zhao - We had nice sets and you're a really nice guy! Hope you can make it next month! :)
25. AK - You were there to have fun and I think you did, come back again! :)
25. KillerAP - ^
25. Syrup - Had fun friendlies! :)
25. Trilo - Never played, sorry :S
25. Thisan - Never played, sorry :S
25. WingZero (Bing) - Once again, thanks for hosting this tournament! :)
25. Yosh - Never played, sorry :S
25. Knart - Come back so we can do more friendlies. We'll talk about Snake a bit too! :)
33. Colin - Never played, sorry :S
33. Jay - Never played, sorry :S
33. Laurie - Never played, sorry :S
33. Jen - Never played, sorry :S
33. Astro - Never played, sorry :S

Had wicked fun everyone and that's why I'm coming back on March 2nd! Hope I can see you all there!

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Whoa, Cruxis showing some people up. I'm gonna have to make it out to one of these sometime soon, especially seeing as Holy and Swordgard wanna make time trips back into the scene :)

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, Cruxis showing some people up. I'm gonna have to make it out to one of these sometime soon, especially seeing as Holy and Swordgard wanna make time trips back into the scene :)
Show up to next one on March 2nd, we'll be there :)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
1. HolyNightmare ($200) - It's a shame we didn't get to play, I was hoping to get some friendlies in with you before the tournament, next time though! And congrats on not tripping into grabs in GFs.

2. Swordgard ($90) - Sorry for spoiling your secret so early on, I felt it would have been a good surprise. Great seeing/ talking to you again, always a pleasure. Hope you come out again.

3. Toronto Joe ($35) - Great Job on beating V, you're stepping your game up. Now you just have to take out Holy, you're reclaiming your former glory bit by bit.

4. infiniteV115 ($20) - You were doing so well against Joe, and then you dropped your lead. Good luck next time, you'll make it to Holy. Unless I take you out first. :3

5. Kairo Kent (Cruxis) ($10) - God damn it Kairo. You don't play for 6 months, then you practice the day before with Joe (From what I've heard) And you do this. Seriously. Most broken smasher by far.

5. R e d X ($10) - Good games against you, I really felt I should have won game 2, or game 3. But.. Controller Johns and such. Great placing none the less, you've improved a lot.

7. Blacktwins - Hah. Haha. Ha. We placed the same. Focus more time on your Ice Climbers, Yoshi, and Lucas. You'll take the higher placings once again.

7. Poke - SD more free noob.

9. [GDLK] Tin Man - Never thought I'd see my name above yours. You're still an amazing player, I guess it was other player's time to shine. Next time, though.

9. Morks - Great seeing you again/ come out to a tourney here, and glad to hear you're coming out to the next one. Hope that we can play more and the Falco vs Snake match goes a bit more.. even :3

9. Suzaku - Sad that you were sick during the tournament, I think it really affected your playing, You still played really really well. Hope you feel better soon.

9. Ruinn - SDs seem to run with the Dk players. I think it's a syndrome. Great Job against Swordgard, that SD was hilarious. Practice more, and you'll fix the habit.

13. Guard - Good games! I finally took my revenge on you from two years ago and in October, it really sucks you got knocked out so early, I feel like you should have done better. Your Fox is still really good.

13. Fisch - Great Job on making it out of pools, sorry I wasn't able to coach you during your matches.

13. Inle - You did great this tournament, if you get a Tv and actually able to practice at home instead of at A&C, you'd improve drastically.

13. Dan-Da-Man - Good to see you always come out to tournaments, you're always a threat, even though you're not consistent. Maybe practice for once, haha.

17. Radec (Leafshadow) - Glad to see you again! It's never a tournament until I take your hat. I hope what I spoke to you about helps you improve, you can really do it. Just need to practice and you'll be an amazing ROB.

17. Mprime - Really sucks we didn't get to play at all, it was nice talking to you for the short bit. Just need to practice more and you'll start doing well again.

17. Shiny fewtwo - You're getting better, You have a full month before the next tournament, so try to use your time wisely.

17. Pappy - Sucks we didn't get to play at all or talk, But it was great seeing you again.

17. pidgezero_one - Not dead last ? So you're improving and getting better! Keep on improving you'll do great. Great time teaming with you, it's always so much fun. Our double D3 team was surprisingly good. Really sucks you SD'd last stock, but don't hold it to you, it's the fun that counts. LIKE OUR POOL SET.
Forever, will that be remembered, we have to do that more often. And.. hearing you say "This is harder than fighting Morks and Swordgard" during game 3, left me super super confused for the rest of the tournament.

17. Mr.L - Great seeing you again, sucks we didn't get to play at all.

17. Shard - Fun talking to you, glad to see you're not tied down by work on weekends anymore so it's fun seeing you come out.

17. Zhao - Shame you had to leave early, It's always fun to see you at tournaments.

25. AK - Great time against you in doubles! That double Diddy D3 was chaos.

25. KillerAP - Read the above, I don't know what else to say, it was a lot of chaos, so much chaos.

25. Syrup - Great to see a knew face, hope you come again next time.

25. Trilo - Haven't seen you in a long long long long long long long time. Shame we didn't play/ talk.

25. Thisan - Fun games in pools, your TLink isn't that bad. You should watch videos of MJG, PJ and Kingtoon, it'd help you out.

25. WingZero (Bing) - Great to see you and hear you're able to practice brawl now. And you're a great TO.

25. Yosh - Didn't really talk often, or get to play. Practice and you'll get better.

25. Knart - Trank. All I can say is I love typos.

33. Colin - Another Colin ? What is this ?

33. Jay - Fun times in doubles, you have a great mentality, hope to see you more.

33. Laurie - Fun time in doubles, I hope to see you come out more, and I hope you didn't get discouraged from doubles.

33. Jen - It's been way too long since I last saw you! Hope you can come out more if school doesn't get in your way. Sucks we didn't talk much.

33. Astro - You're getting better, really really fast. Glad to see your face at smashfests, soon you'll be placing well if you keep it up.

And with that.

I have a new Infraction, isn't it simply maddening ?

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
"You wouldn't win with falcon."
"Damn it now I have to go falcon..."
:denzel:

13. Dan-Da-Man - Good to see you always come out to tournaments, you're always a threat, even though you're not consistent. Maybe practice for once, haha.
I don't have a setup when I'm away at university (which have been for the last 5, I will be for another 3 months), but I do unrust before tourneys. I think I have more of an MK problem - all my bracket matches were against MK, lol. You'd think I'd be better at it since we've been MK legal for a few tourneys now, but I'm not. Even still, I always have a good time coming out to these :)

Bing

Smash Master
For starters I'd just like to apologize for not getting the side event(Low Tiers) in, I take full responsibility for that mistake. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves regardless, I'll do better next time.

With that being said, Shoutouts time!

1. HolyNightmare ($200) - Congrats on winning both singles and dubs, I actually thought Swordgard was going to take it, good job at holding it down.
2. Swordgard ($90) - All I have to say is #VictoryTimHortons.
3. Toronto Joe ($35) - Stop wrecking me so bad :( Your Falco made me look bad, let alone your MK :p.
4. infiniteV115 ($20) - Da Faq V? I'm disappointed. Nah good job.
5. Kairo Kent (Cruxis) ($10) - ...I think you might have my controller, nice seeing you again though, You're the Entertainer. I was laughing so hard during your set vs Swordgard, disappointed you didnt win, you promised me man, you promised!
5. R e d X ($10) - Markkkk, Stop being a ***** and money match my Fox with your Pikachu! Good job though, stop using MK.
7. Blacktwins - Good Job, hope you enjoyed watching Kairo ****'s matches vs Swordgard lol.
7. Poke - Good Job Poke, thanks for saying I did a good job.
9. [GDLK] Tin Man - I don't even.. STOP BEING BAD.
9. Morks - Thanks for saying I did a good job, means a lot. I thought you'd use more DK, kind of disappointed :p
9. Suzaku - Screw the parents, go out of Province/Country. You leap and bound forward in skill when you play different type of players then you're used to, plus you play A LOT. I remember when I went to S.T.Y.C 3 in Quebec this past summer, We literally played all day until like 4-5am, slept on tables, then got up at 9 and played more.
9. Ruinn - I honestly thought you could have taken a game off Swordgard, good job regardless though.
13. Guard - You wrecked me first game, I adjusted and I legitimately think I could have won game 2, if I hadn't of SD'd first stock, I defs could have taken it since I took you two last stock high percent all with my own last stock :p. Regardless I really enjoyed our set, always nice to play a fellow Fox main, You were saying you were rusty so I hope you get back on it so I can play the real Guard.
13. Fisch - I have no movie recommendations.
13. Inle - Good Job.
13. Dan-Da-Man - Good Job.

17. Radec (Leafshadow) - Im disappointed. I am no longer salt.
17. Mprime - I really wanted to play you in PM. Would have been fun but I was too busy running things.
17. Blackgold - Same as Mprime, I wanted to play you but I was a bit too busy, I'll body your Ivysaur some other time.
17. Pappy - You know, I spent all day yesterday trying to remember where I knew you from, then I remembered that it was back at Impulse I played you in losers bracket of amateurs and you beat me 2-1... I just dont know how to play against Lucario :p.
17. pidgezero_one - Im disappointed Stef, Poke and Suzaku are weak, you should have beat them easy!
17. Mr.L - Good games in Pools... I should NOT have tried my metaknight game one but I didnt know had to handle Luigi with Fox... which I apparently know better then i thought. I for sure thought I had game two, but again, good games.
17. Shard - Good games in friendlies, never using Metaknight again.
17. Zhao - Nice seeing you again, your teams match against swordgard and Guard was mad hype :p
25. AK - Thanks for coming out.
25. KillerAP - Thanks for coming out.
25. Syrup - Nice seeing new people in scene, keep coming out, its a lot of fun and you'll get a lot better.
25. Trilo - Thanks for coming out.
25. Thisan - Thanks for coming out!
25. WingZero (Bing) - Stop being bad.
25. Yosh - Your pool was whack :p Good Job though.
25. Knart - Thanks for coming out Kna!
33. Colin - Nice seeing new people come out.
33. Jay - Thanks for attending, keep coming out!
33. Laurie - Same to you, thanks for attending, Good job in pools.
33. Jen - Jennn, its been so long, come out more often!
33. Astro - Good Job, you did oddly well against like everyone in your pool :p

Cruxis

Smash Lord
GGs brahs love seeing how much the scenes improved! ill see u guys again in the summer, had a lot of fun this tourney

@bing nah brah i took no controller home i even left my broken one there lol

:phone:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Arg i did significantly better but just shows i still need alot more practice in match ups D:.

ggs all that i played :).

Top Bottom