• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiD 10: The Ambush | Toronto, ON, Canada | Results/Shoutouts | 11/10/2012

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Downloading, splitting, and reuploading the whole stream archive to youtube is easily doable by any person with some free time, a luxury I don't have atm

Personally I'd love to obtain a copy of all the replays I've played in for our past 10 tourneys, (especially IMPULSE) and even replays of some hype sets that weren't on stream, to record and upload to my own youtube account at a later date when I'm not swamped, but nobody bothers to share replays on their wiis and they aren't uploaded anyway *shrug*. I get messages on youtube every week from subscribers asking for new videos, but I have none :(

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
i agree DDM. i mean the scene has a yt for brawl vids for a reason, the last vid i ever saw from canadabrawl that actually had almost every set was like sid6, and the only vid from impulse that was uploaded was stroumbert vs luckay4lyphe and that was it.
now i wouldn't mind uploading vids to canadabrawl if no one can do it but there's no point in saving matches to wii's and sd cards if they aren't gona be uploaded.
i personally think that the stream should be uploaded on its own yt channel and the matches saved and weren't on stream should go to canadabrawl. i understand that they might not have the time to upload but i suggest that someone who does can make it easier for us.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Downloading, splitting, and reuploading the whole stream archive to youtube is easily doable by any person with some free time, a luxury I don't have atm

Personally I'd love to obtain a copy of all the replays I've played in for our past 10 tourneys, (especially IMPULSE) and even replays of some hype sets that weren't on stream, to record and upload to my own youtube account at a later date when I'm not swamped, but nobody bothers to share replays on their wiis and they aren't uploaded anyway *shrug*. I get messages on youtube every week from subscribers asking for new videos, but I have none :(
Did you have your Wii at this tournament? We should have done our MM on it and saved it (though I would understand if you wouldn't want it uploaded, 2 punches ftw)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Uh
A ton of the IMPULSE matches were uploaded to youtube. It's just not on canadabrawl. It's on eschamptv.

Also Tin I have pretty much every replay from the matches that were on the stream setup, should I just email them to you?

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Uh
A ton of the IMPULSE matches were uploaded to youtube. It's just not on canadabrawl. It's on eschamptv.
well yes thats true but again it was streamed matches from the stream. i just think that the ones that are saved on the wii and sd cards should be on canadabrawl and the stream itself should be on a different yt channel like eschamp's channel did for impulse.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Oh yeah, shoutouts to Iliad for calling out Blackgold over the megaphone. Funniest **** LMAO
Lol yeah that was awesome

even funnier when I went to him to do the MM he said he was going out for a smoke then didn't come back for an hour, and returned right at the point where I had to leave or I would miss my train (but I wouldn't have actually missed my train because when I arrived at Union station I found it had been delayed -.-).

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh god, I'm still laughing at the parts I can remember.
I wish somebody had recorded that or written it down. I'd make that **** my epitaph.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
From what I can remember, it was
'Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here to inform you that there is a child in this room. There is a child in this room, and his name is BlackGold. This man is challenging everybody in this room to a $1 Falcon ditto money match with his free *** Falcon. " and then some other stuff

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
I used Snake, Falco, Link, Marth, and random. Good games everyone. When is the next SiD?

1. [GDLK] Tin Man ($144) -  Good job getting 1st and hosting :) lol @ exam question.

2. Toronto Joe ($72) -  Nice placing. I don't think we have ever met in bracket lol You vs me WFs next tourney.

3. T.T.D.-Blacktwins ($24) - // Fun games this tourney. It was your time to shine ;) Hope we play again next tourney (not in bracket lol).

4. infiniteV115 -  I know your weakness now. Got to play it like Sudoku.

6. Meekspeedy - / You could've placed 3rd if you weren't tired =/ Too bad we didn't play; next time.

7. R e d X - / We finally played each other :D Game 1 was definitely yours, I just got lucky. You know the Marth, Snake, and Falco MUs pretty well. I don't know what to do next time ._.

9. Up-Air to Annie - // Most fun set that should have been on stream. It takes so much energy to play you lol I lost the worst way possible just like you predicted. Mind games… Best Samus @_@

9. Dan-Da-Man - /Thanks for the practice before the stacked pools, it really helped. Good games too, we need to play more though.

11. Poke - :Falco:/ The advice went a long way since I actually had a chance of winning and
have never been closer. I really felt the end for me when I had to play you. I was lucky lol

11. Iliad -  ICs slayer needs to make a comeback. Our set was so random LOL Maybe we'll have a serious set one day. Stay well =)

13. Inle -  You know your stuff with Marth. Your kicking = too good.

13. Phiddlesticks -  Didn't get to play you, but saw you playing Pokemon. Teach me how to RNG in gen 5.

13. Fisch -  Where the luck began lol You improved a lot and that game should've been yours. You'll breakout soon.

13. Leafshadow -  We know what to do next time ;D

21. Juicy Sausage (pidgezero_one) -  Didn't talk to you, but your commentary is good o.o

21. Friendship is Magic (Bing) -  Great job staying on top of things. Thanks for letting me take a break. I really appreciate that, even though I held up the tourney a bit. I should be back to normal in about a month.

21. $$$ -  Random games are fun lol I just got characters I was familiar with :p

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Did you actually just say my commentary is good?

Watch out world, I've just been enabled :smirk:

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
late shouts;

Tin - ggs, and well run tourney!

Blacktwins - ggs! and good **** all tourney. can't believe I clutched out against sopo, lmao

Suzaku - more games next time, and great job making it out of 2 loser pools!

Ruinn - ggs, you've gotten a lot better. game 3 last hit was hype

Poke - I feel so grimey. I've seen you doing ddd infinites in bracket though so not too grimey.. but still pretty bad for using ICs. Loved teaming with you; hit me up if you ever want to again. I felt like I held us back a little though..

Iliad - ggs as always man. you're definitely the best commentator in our scene too

Joe/Meek - I'll get better as lucario!

Inle/Phiddlesticks/RedX/Fisch - ggs in dubs you guys, really hype pools!

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Shoutouts!

1. [GDLK] Tin Man ($144) - :olimar: - haha good job man, sucks we couldnt get to play. next time.
2. Toronto Joe ($72) - :metaknight: - fun set, sucks i had to face you 2nd round in winners >_> i feel i couldve done better but oh well
3. T.T.D.-Blacktwins ($24) - :popo:/:yoshi2:/:lucas: - :glare: you. last hit game 3 i get faired. FFF! hah gj man this was your tourney
4. infiniteV115 - :zerosuitsamus: - v115 sucks
7. R e d X - :ness2:/:metaknight: - fun friendlies man :) hope to see you soon
7. Ruinn - :popo:/:dk2:/:metaknight: ruinn sucks
9. Dan-Da-Man - :snake:/:dk2: - hah fun set in round 2 pools, tight set! also that mm was hilarious!
11. Poke - :Falco:/:dk2: - fun friendlies poke :D
11. Iliad - :marth: good set 2-1, ty for the compliments.
13. Inle - :marth: - good gnw man, keep up the good work.
13. Fisch - :falco: - hah fun finally meeting you man :D
17. Black Gold - :rob: - thank you for your dollar :smirk: hah fun games man
17. Dew - :pit: - thanks for taking me bram :D
21. Juicy Sausage (pidgezero_one) - :kirby2: - hah fun games stef, nice kirby :)
21. Friendship is Magic (Bing) - :marth: - hah fun set 1st round, you got a good fox dude
21. Astronut - :olimar: - hey man, fun friendlies, keep up the good work :)

fun tourney bruhs

Bing

Smash Master
1. [GDLK] Tin Man ($144) - Good **** my *****, Im proud of you for winning Singles and Dubs!
2. Toronto Joe ($72) - Oh Joe, Teams was so Jokes, next time we need to do all random from start!
3. T.T.D.-Blacktwins ($24) - I don't even... GGS in Losers pools. FEAR MY SHEIK. We actually had a close match with me as Sheik.
4. infiniteV115 - ...get bodied. I have nothing more to say...
5. Suzaku - Hope your hand gets better, glad to see you thought i was on top of things.. I thought i was too for the most part.
6. Meekspeedy - Same as Joe, We need to do all random again. Also, sucks you were tired, but **** happens.
7. R e d X - MM Pikachu vs Fox lets go Mofo. No but seriously. that ****s not even jokes, why do I subject myself to such pain.
7. Ruinn - You think I have a good Fox... This makes me happy :D :D :D Good games though, that throw off the ledge shenanigans on stadium is Shenanigans D:
9. Up-Air to Annie - Good games in Melee. I TOLD YOU I'D TAKE THAT GAME.
9. Dan-Da-Man - I thought you were the Joker.... no joke
11. Poke - :Falco: - Good Job.
11. Iliad The Stache - You're a douchebag. I enjoyed doing commentary with you though :p That Stache.... it distracted me during our teams set... I thought we had that... but the Stache... damn....
13. Inle - Umm...
13. Phiddlesticks - Good games in teams and singles... I thought we had that teams set, and in single im not used to fighting Bowsers lol. Good games though
13. Fisch - Dude you're improving so quickly!
13. Leafshadow - Pepper! That was so good. We ****.
17. Black Gold - uhhh, No one fix this guys names and or Characters. Love, Brad
17. Looftwaffles - Good games in Losers pools, I hate Marth Dittos... -_-
17. Yosh - Well hello there
17. Dew - I don't think I've ever seen you at a tournament so... welcome to the community :S
21. Juicy Sausage (pidgezero_one) - Good games in pools, I really enjoyed our set!
21. Friendship is Magic (Bing) - WHY MUST YOU BE SO TRASH
21. $$$ - Looks like you lost money this time. Your tag should be -$ ha...haha...ha...
21. Astronut - Howdy

Also, just as a couple general questions:

1.) How was my commentary? It was my first time, and I know its not the best, but I enjoyed doing it and I want to get better :p
2.) As a host, how am I doing?

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!

1. [GDLK] Tin Man ($144) - Nicely done as always, great tournament, can't wait for the next one.

2. Toronto Joe ($72) - Hype match against Tin Man, always fun to see a close match.

3. T.T.D.-Blacktwins ($24) - I don't even know what to say here. Thanks jerk for diminishing my doubles placement by ABSOLUTELY WRECKING
everyone's meager expectations of your abilities. We need to Michelangelo up the doubles scene again sometime.

4. infiniteV115 - We all know you're amazing, I guess this time you just weren't quik
enough.

5. Suzaku - Nicely done, we should trade Marth info some time, we Marths need to recreate the 2010 era anew.

6. Meekspeedy - Excellent job considering the lack of sleep, as an avid insomniac, I salute you.

7. R e d X - Loser's pools were hella hype for both your doubles and singles bracket, good job doing the best you could.

7. Ruinn - Amazing job, I think you should just drop MK altogether, and focus on Willing up your DK, you're criminally underrated, and it's time the
scene admitted it :p.

9. Up-Air to Annie - LOL at our set, keep on maining the entire cast and wrecking everyone.

9. Dan-Da-Man - Wow that doubles Losers Pools was crazy, any team caught up in that could have won... keep wrecking with the heavy weights
as usual.

11. Poke - Were you having controller problems that day? I saw more than the usual SDs, (yet owned despite that, we all know your rightful place
is at the top)

11. Iliad - As usual, the life of the party, I can't imagine a Canada brawl without a Iliad, it just seems flavourless.

13. Phiddlesticks - Great to see you back in the scene, next tournament's gotta be your Blacktwins moment, take out some names and raid the
prize pool with Bowser. Make Canada the Low Tier capital of the world.

13. Fisch - Another criminally underrated player, good enough to make me fear Falco again.

13. Leafshadow - Great to see the great shadowLeaf again, epic ROB and all.

17. Black Gold - The CF ditto MM was pretty epic if I do say so myself. Man, if I had half the gall you have in addressing the scene when I started,
no one would forget that I joined the scene in early 2009. Keep up the hype.

17. Looftwaffles - The MK slayer returns. Let no bat escape your wrath.

17. Yosh - Whew, what a tournament huh. Didn't get much of chance to hang out, we oughta get a bunch of friendlies in next time we meet.

17. Dew - Hmm. I don't know you, but I swear what I did see was a player standing against shadowLeaf pretty solidly, stick around and take some
names!

21. Juicy Sausage (pidgezero_one) - football. that is all. (no its not lol) Great seeing you again, nice work against Ruinn, loving the subtle
improvements, to add skill to an already solid character spread.

21. Friendship is Magic (Bing) - Thanks for putting in the extra effort to list me and Blacktwins as Michelangelo, I didn't notice anything wrong with
the way you managed the tourney, so I guess that's a sign that you did everything right.

21. $$$ - Once again Stef manages to act as smash ambassador to the greatest of her abilities. I wanna see that Ganondorf more often, the
scene is sorely lacking a King of evil.

21. Astronut - Great to see you again, thanks alot for the CF ditto friendlies, really helped me in what was a very close MM, and dare I say it
helped me warm up for an incredibly successful doubles experience. Peace!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
hey guys sorry i took forever to make shoutouts, its crazy how busy you can become sometimes my bad :{

1. [GDLK] Tin Man ($144) - :olimar: ggs, i become more confident in myself every time we play
2. Toronto Joe ($72) - :metaknight:
3. T.T.D.-Blacktwins ($24) - :popo:/:yoshi2:/:lucas: sick job making top 3, i wasnt expecting to beat your ics ggs
4. infiniteV115 - :zerosuitsamus: ggs im glad were starting to meet in tournament more often, we had a long streak of never meeting in brackets
5. Suzaku - :marth:/:snake: your set with v was fun to watch grats on placing so well brotha hopefully we do end up playing eventually in tourney
6. Meekspeedy - :metaknight:/:sonic: we are gonna hit the lab and become mad scientists brotha!
7. R e d X - :ness2:/:metaknight: ggs in doubles, i didnt forget that i owe you mk dittos !
7. Ruinn - :popo:/:dk2:/:metaknight: yo my inner salt when you went Ics on me LOL nah just playing good stuff, Ics are solid tourney threats
8. Up-Air to Annie - :samus2:/:dedede:/:metaknight: thanks for the coaching even though you were tired brotha
9. Dan-Da-Man - :snake:/:dk2: lucario is strong AF ggs in doubles dude
11. Poke - :Falco:/:dk2: thanks for the advice, i guessed too much with nado your right!
11. Iliad - :marth: thanks for risking your life for me to drive me to the subway in that massive storm (even though you werent aware you were risking your life LOL<3)
13. Inle - :marth: you and blacktwins should be static teammates you have solid chemistry ggs
13. Phiddlesticks - :bowser2: fun friendlies before the tournament, sir sensei with the bike
13. Fisch - :falco: we'll meet up and hit the lab soon brotha, cya at a&c this week
13. Leafshadow - :rob: we get interrupted everytime we sit down and play haha, ggs though however brief they were :p
17. Black Gold - :rob: didnt know you used rob thats cool :p
17. Looftwaffles - :marth: fun friendlies brotha, the marth tricks are in there
17. Yosh - :zerosuitsamus: cool zss to watch in friendlies yo :p
17. Dew - :pit: thanks for coming out
21. Juicy Sausage (pidgezero_one) - :kirby2: ggs in doubles dat 2v1 i watched you in was awesome
21. Friendship is Magic (Bing) - :marth: ggs in doubles, **** yeah random teams
21. $$$ - :snake: you and stef were a fun team to watch, i was rooting for ya
21. Astronut - :olimar: **** olimar, lol jk :p nice seeing you dude

Ill see you guys at the next one, I have a lot of really awesome stuff planned for the future. Can't wait for school to slow down, keep posted :p

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
1. [GDLK] Tin Man ($144) - ur not godlike wtf
2. Toronto Joe ($72) - with the power of my labc
3. T.T.D.-Blacktwins ($24) - good ****, I got u next time tho.
4. infiniteV115 - same as blacktwins
5. Suzaku - I apologize for not playing you, but I was REALLLLLLLLY tired.
6. Meekspeedy - pretty good for no sleep, but pretty bad considering I place the same even with sleep. c'mon step it up
7. R e d X - HEY WE DIDN'T PLAY EACHOTHER FOR ONCE!
7. Ruinn - I wanted to play u, good stuff getting 7th
9. Up-Air to Annie - it's a true combo
9. Dan-Da-Man - I dunno if we talked @ all this tourney, but good stuff showing up. not a bad placing either.
11. Poke - did we commentate together?
11. Iliad - I want to apologize for falling asleep in the car, usually I never fall asleep at night-time car rides, for the sole fact I like to talk to the driver so they don't get tired/woozy. It's always good seein ma mans, jon the don
13. Inle - c'mon, step it up!
13. Phiddlesticks - f neopets
13. Fisch - duuuuuude you're improving so fast. Keep hittin the wifi sticks, going to the weekly smashfests @ A&C, and doing what you do. soon enough you'll probably be placing top 5 and be ranked. saw V115 do it (without the wifi, as well). You can probably do it too if u have enough dedication.
13. Leafshadow - yooooooo it was good seeing u, HILARIOUS DUBZ LOL
17. Black Gold - WE DIDN'T FALCON MM D:<
17. Looftwaffles - wait holy ****, you came? **** I missed u, the legend himself
17. Yosh - yooooooo you're always high LOL
17. Dew - A PIT USER? INSTANT BFF. TOP 5.
21. Juicy Sausage (pidgezero_one) - ty for watching my stuff, smash community <3's you
21. Friendship is Magic (Bing) - The funniest dubz matches. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
21. $$$ - swag
21. Astronut - ilus

JTsm

Smash Master
I know I'm late to see these results, but holy **** blacktwins. Damn.

V115 getting 4th? So dissapoint.

Top Bottom