• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sick things to do with Fox?

Frosty Yeti

Smash Rookie
I use fox mainly to style, and I have very good tech skill so can you guys give me some ideas on stylish things I could do with fox to just swag on them?

PepaCorn

Smash Apprentice
Play Falco instead since he can do a lot more cool looking stuff (IMO)

Other than that, shine aerials look sick,
Also dair off stage used as a spike to drag them down looks cool.
Reverse lasers to turn around then back air as an edge guard (Very situational, under the ledge),
Similarly, shine turn around bair.
Falling up air.

Seriously though I don't really find Fox as much of a style character in comparison to Falco, and what I do find cool is much more subtle. Of course I guess it depends on how you play the character rather than the character themselves.

Last edited:

MH | Joeschmo

20XX Enthusiast
Shine (or shine turnaround) -> waveland -> bair is sick af. First hit of Fair and first hit Up-air is also really dope. Honestly, fox just has a lot of really subtle combo mix ups that are SUBTLY sick af.

hi im dennis

Smash Apprentice
If you want to style you shouldn't be playing fox, try falcon or falco. Think of fox as the Beetles and falcon/falco as Elvis.

Frosty Yeti

Smash Rookie
If you want to style you shouldn't be playing fox, try falcon or falco. Think of fox as the Beetles and falcon/falco as Elvis.
IMO fox is stupid stylish if u can pull off sick tech, which I can. I can multishine, moonwalk, boostwalk, all that spizazz. I also play falcon so yes I style with him, but I think Fox used for swag is so sick

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
double shine grab
triple shine grab
double shine wavedash
double shine aerials
armada shine spikes
side b ledge stalls
waveshine across stage -> dash past them JC turn around waveshine -> waveshine across the stage again *repeat as necessary*
turn around shine bair edgeguard
moonwalk aerials

the cool thing about fox is that these are both swag and optimal

Someone makes a mistake in edgeguarding you and they run off stage. Follow-up with shine.
Someone makes a mistake in trying to stop firefox and you burn them. Follow-up with Uair/Usmash.
Someone makes a mistake in trying to stop sideB and you hit them. Follow-up with Uair/Usmash.

These are a few of the sick things you can do with Fox. No matter what happens Fox can usually turn it around lol

jazz_1993

Smash Rookie
If you ask me the most stylish way to play fox is with a strong neutral and crisp movement.

Besides that I like to see combos extended with weak nairs and bairs. Fair to up-smash is also a cool finisher, but usually I see his combos end up with an edgeguard situation rather than something explosive and cool like falcon's knee.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Reverse bair -> turnaround utilt -> uair

utilt creates very swag combos imo, just my thoughts after watching SW enough times

Top Bottom