• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shy Guy Enters the Fray! Shy Guy for Smash Ultimate DLC

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Shy Guy would be a perfect fit for smash ultimate
He has plenty of moves from various Mario/Yoshi gamez, would be unique and would provide a second Yoshi rep.
Supporters List:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
id be up for shy guy, like piranha plant hed take moves from many of his variations in the games, and there are a lot of them

shoot like snifit, fly like a fly guy, maybe even dance like a groove guy, lots of potential

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Shy Guy's moveset could entirely be based on the different Shy Guys from Shy Guy's Toy Box in Paper Mario. So he could be a very unique fighter if they decide to put him in. Count me in as a supporter.

UserKev

Smash Champion
The Shy Guy has potential. It'd be interesting for sure. Give Shy Guy the mace swing upon release for forward Smash and can switch for the nozzle mask for projectile.

I agree the Shy Guy should be entirely based on its Yoshi's Island incarnation because of accuracy to its portrait.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Shy Guy gets in, I want to see SMB2 references like Ostro and Autobomb.

1542910922326.png
1542910941367.png

Maybe one of the special moves could be based on the arcade game Joust where Shy Guy becomes Spear Guy and rides Ostro.

Last edited:

ZephZag

Smash Rookie
To be honest, Shy Guy's got a decent chance of getting in.

He's just been added as DLC for Mario Tennis Aces, so Nintendo are using the character (also it has new voice lines in MTA so that might mean they have an active voice actor for him). Also, he's been in quite a few other Nintendo IPs on Switch already (MK8D, Super Mario Party, Captain Toad, etc). Finally, with Yoshi coming to switch next year, it would make sense from a marketing point of view to add another Yoshi series character to the game, as more people will buy the Shy Guy DLC if they've already seen and liked him in Yoshi and vice versa.

God I hope he gets in

ZephZag

Smash Rookie
But I swear if Poochy gets in instead of Shy Guy as a Yoshi rep, I'm gonna cry :sadeyes:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Shy guy is awesome and has so many different forms to take moveset ideas from. I hope he makes it in.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Alts
-Regular
-Blue
-Green
-Yellow
-General Guy, please.
-Anti Guy
-No masks from Luigi's Mansion
-A mask based on Bandits

UserKev

Smash Champion
Is it just me or is shy guy the most relatable enemy in video games?
Shy Guys seem to have a sad story. What are they trying to prove? What do they want really? They definitely appear to be more victims regardless of the scenario.

Top Bottom