• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk's Down-Tilt-Problem

FubukiSeba

Smash Rookie
NNID
FubukiSeba
3DS FC
0688-5468-5419
Yo!
I've never posted anything in any forum, so sorry for... Just everything, okay?
But since the new update, which came out yesterday (Version 1.1.5 ), I have noticed a little annoying bug or glitch when using Shulk's down-tilt.
For whatever reason Shulk remains in his idle crouch animation secounds after I used d-tilt.
Of course I released the circlepad afterwards, I'm not that stupid.
Anyways, here are the things that I found out about this (let's just call it that) D-Tilt-Glitch:
After the tilt animation, Shulk still remains in his crouchanimation.
The crouchanimation can be canceled by doing literally anything, so it doesn't force you to the ground and is just a visual glitch.
This means that if the crouchanimation is still visible and you press a for an example, you still do the jab instead of another down-tilt.
Also I have tried the same thing with some other characters (Corrin, Ike, Roy, Marth and Greninja) but couldn't find someone with a similar behavior.
I don't know if that could be important for Shulk mains and if so, please tell me, 'cause I am one myself.
So yeah, this is it.
If anyone knows more than I already said, feel free to say it.

And again, if I don't follow the rules with my post or something then I'm sorry and stuff.
Please let me know if something's wrong so I can fix it.
... Maybe. Let's say, I'll try to fix it.
Oh and also: Overused I'm a foreign guy, so bad english!!!111

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Shulk's dtilt always functioned this way. It's not something related to the recent patch.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Shulk's DTilt has been like that since the beginning iirc. But it's good that you have awareness of this kind of thing with Shulk's DTilt nature. This would mean that after DTilt finishes, you would be crouching for a brief moment which does account for crouch canceling knockback.

FubukiSeba

Smash Rookie
NNID
FubukiSeba
3DS FC
0688-5468-5419
Is that so?
Huh, I have never noticed that...
But this is uniquely for Shulk right?
Because I couldn't think of any character, who has the same 'problem'.

Top Bottom