• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Shulk Guide (For both beginners and experienced players) Incomplete

Bottles

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jack100400
3DS FC
1435-7029-3746
Bottles submitted a new guide:

Shulk Guide (For both beginners and experienced players) Incomplete - Describes Shulk and his combos and techs and Monado arts, long guide

Overview
I know this is ugly, but I'll clean it up a bit as time goes on.
As you may know if you've ever played Shulk, he has a lot of range, which comes with quite a big consequence: he has a lot of lag on his moves. Though he may have a lot, that doesn't stop him from having combos. They can deal a good amount of damage if you need get them. He also has a unique neutral special, the Monado Arts. These can allow him to change his dominant ability at any given time if you haven't used that...
Read more about this guide...

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I was thinking of rating it until I reminded myself that the guide is incomplete. There's also currently a bunch of errors in the guide, so I think I'll just wait & hold off my rating until you finish it.

Xenoblader Touko

Smash Rookie
also gave the guide three stars. I was tempted to give it four for mostly one reason: because by Alvis *spoilers*, you formatted the frame data in a list, not a table! Sighted players may find it annoying, but it's a Monadosend for me, using a text-to-speech software which doesn't work with tables very well. Your guide, otherwise, is average, as someone said in their reviews. The combo damage-workability percentage ranges are helpful, though. I also noticed that you haven't written in MALLC timings yet, but it's a complex subject, so I don't blame you for taking your time. I don't know what techniques you're planning on covering besides MALLC and the Speed-buffering/attack techniques you mentioned, but I really feel like you have to cover B-reversing/wavebouncing, although B-reversing seems like the special-oriented tech most appropriate for Shulk. Jab-locking also seems good. Jerm made a video about it that you can cite here. When you put in the MALLC descriptions, depending on how good they are, I'll give your guide four stars because Zanzadamn it, you deserve it, if you actually describe MALLC in text well.

Top Bottom