• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk Combos + BnBs

SirWoo

Smash Rookie
I just started playing Shulk and I would like help if any of you know any combos or bread and butters (basic true combos).
I know down throw combos into a lot of things along with his nair, which pretty much leads to everything at certain percents, but help would be appreciated.

SD23

Smash Rookie
Shulk only really has down throw combos. But he has fair and Nair chain with speed art

Last edited:

DrGarbo

Smash Rookie
If you want combos, Shulk doesn't have a ton of them that aren't strings. mainly you want to use buster and speed for combos because of their low knock back. some good one incluse Buster->downthrow->imagination, or Speed->Fair->grab->downthrow->imagination at 0, or when in speed mode if you do it corectly you can can chain fairs and nairs and get your opponent to the other side of the stage, and off it. up air into up smash also seems to work as a decent kill confirm but its super punishable. hope this helped a bit

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
With or without arts in effect I've found down tilt the most reliable follow up out of Nair.
:)
At mid-higher percents, back slash is an option because of its obscene hitbox. A careless opponent can easily get hit.
:)
Essentially you want to be able to use his Nair, Up-Air, and Up-Tilt close to the ground when your opponent is trying to land as a frame-trapping tool. His sword is so big he can usually catch directional air dodges with his traps, since directional dodges are ever so laggy.

Nutty Sponge

Smash Apprentice
Shulk's combos can be inconsistent at times. Downthrow is great for combos, in buster you can get up to 30-40% by just dthrow>ftilt. His Nair, Fair, and Utilt are very good for starting combos/keeping them going as well. Some only work in certain Monados, so you may have to figure that out

DrGarbo

Smash Rookie
I think that's more of a issue with Shulk and the monado. Sometimes you will just get a phantom hits near the tip of the sword for no reason. They should work to make these a bit more consistent before anything else.

"Bn"

Smash Cadet
Isle of Wight. It's in England by the way......
Macro SHFF U-air has been working pretty well for me as a starter. It consistently lands the 2nd hit on grounded opponents and you can follow it up with pretty much anything. It's not safe on shield though so I'm trying to make it part of my punish/read game.

Also, works through and is extended by platforms. Getting the tipper and staling makes it less reliable though.

Top Bottom