• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V Results - Columbus, OH

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
This isn't a melee vs brawl thing. Let's stop trying to make it that.

Sorry I said that earlier about chain grabs and whatever ( I like brawl. And tbh I think it's 20X Better than PM) but there wasn't any disrespect until you sent over zero and he said. " hey can you guys not cheer so loud, my opponent is trying to concentrate." You can single me out afterword of you want but what I think is disrespectful is people sleeping during the finals of brawl. But that's fine. In the end I didn't start this Sunday and I didn't start this today.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
NEOH is "out in full force" because all of us can handle people saying **** during our matches. say whatever you want while i play or while my team plays, i either tune you out or listen to music.

and its such a ***** move to send the person you're playing over to people in the crowd to tell them to quiet down. ****ing suck it up and play, dude.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Were people cheering for M2K? I missed that part. I thought they were just bashing Brawl and the players which your comparison doesn't cover.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so Carroll, Joe, and I start cheering for every tornado and every chaingrab in game 1. Then Zero comes over asking us to be quiet and says that the noise was distracting his opponent. So if that WASN'T the problem, what was? And why couldn't you tell us yourself?

We only started doing side bets and **** after being told to stop being hype (AT AN MLG EVENT) So instead, we're forced to watch a grand finals where 15% damage was done in the first 90 seconds. Yeah, we decided to make it insteresting.

We're NEOH/PGH. If we're NOT making fun of you, there's a problem. Give it right back!

And Vinnie, for the love of GOD, please don't compare the length of time you've been a successful Brawl player vs. any successful Melee player. You HAVE to be real about the difference in techskill involved in both games.

SoulPech

Smash Master
How about we all just stop talking about this, move on, and actually use this thread to post results and shoutouts? I've already did.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Also don't paint the picture that I was behind the brawl players heckling them personally. I was a good 30 feet away and vinnie himself said he was just going off what people told him.

If you wanna paint me as the ringleader of a toxic crowd that's cool.

I'll name drop a bunch of people in on the disrespectful side bets. Including brawl players.

If you think I'm a brawl hater still every time m2k messes up an input I said "whoops this controller sucks I needs new one and a button check"

All in good fun. Sorry if it's a little too much. Maybe I was caught up in the hype? Sorry guys. Won't happen again.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
My thoughts on Trash Talk:

"It doesn't matter where you go, where you've been
Beautiful foreign lands you've been in
Gun play rains, summer and shine
Stay inside you should be fine
I'll show you follow me"

Welcome to the Midwest

Last edited:

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
NEOH is "out in full force" because all of us can handle people saying **** during our matches. say whatever you want while i play or while my team plays, i either tune you out or listen to music.

and its such a ***** move to send the person you're playing over to people in the crowd to tell them to quiet down. ****ing suck it up and play, dude.
You can handle not showing it, maybe but unless you're wearing headphones they are going to affect you whether you show it or not.
and even so, I go to my next point:

Why the **** is it "okay" to antagonize other players? It does not make even the slightest sense whatsoever. Especially while they're playing

I don't know about the whole Zero thing, cause' I wasn't there for GF's of any event for that matter. Honestly, nobody should even have to "suck it up" because.

It's doesn't matter if it's heckling, antagonizing, or even trash talking; It's all just another form of bullying.

That is never acceptable on any accounts.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
When I checked out this thread, I told my girlfriend: "Oh my god, smash dramaaaa!!!!!"
Her reply was, "Of course, wasn't the east coast there?!"
:yeahboi:

DeLux

I don't know guys, being bad and trash talking have been the central core characteristics of the Midwest since the dawn of Smash.

If we got rid of the trash talk, what's next? Are we going to stop being bad too?

I'd hate to lose our identity over something like this.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
You can handle not showing it, maybe but unless you're wearing headphones they are going to affect you whether you show it or not.

Why the **** is it "okay" to antagonize other players? It does not make even the slightest sense whatsoever. Especially while they're playing

I don't know about the whole Zero thing, cause' I wasn't there for GF's of any event for that matter. Honestly, nobody should even have to "suck it up" because.

It's doesn't matter if it's heckling, antagonizing, or even trash talking; It's all just another form of bullying.

Wait, you weren't even there? Why are you even talking?

SoulPech

Smash Master
I love you DeLux. If you want, you have my permission to lock this thread. It's mine afterall. This discussion is pointless, IMO.

Last edited:

Avion

Smash Apprentice
The Grand Finals for Brawl was spoiled because it wasn't Zero vs Vinnie; it was how many times can they trip and how many times can they hit the balloon. :(
I was so pumped for them Shy Guy kills. Props to Zero for actually throwing us a bone in Grand Finals when he really didn't have to lol

Edit: Sorry, totally missed the context. But really, I don't see how people getting hype for stuff like that is a downside. It made the whole match a lot of fun for me and many other people, especially for something as slow-going as ICs vs. MK. Of course there was a ton of skill on display, and I'm not a fan of heckling. But I do not think side bets are harmful at all. Better than a crowd that is totally uninterested (not that that was necessarily the alternative, but it is a possibility).

Last edited:

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I was so pumped for them Shy Guy kills. Props to Zero for actually throwing us a bone in Grand Finals when he really didn't have to lol

Edit: Sorry, totally missed the context. But really, I don't see how people getting hype for stuff like that is a downside. It made the whole match a lot of fun for me and many other people, especially for something as slow-going as ICs vs. MK. Of course there was a ton of skill on display, and I'm not a fan of heckling. But I do not think side bets are harmful at all. Better than a crowd that is totally uninterested (not that that was necessarily the alternative, but it is a possibility).
It was also the 3rd time we had to watch a Bo5 IC vs. MK. We definitely got a little stir crazy.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
idk how to start my shoutouts because there were so many people and that is overwhelming to me to remember every single person but i guess ill just make a bunch of shoutouts as this thread progresses.

• Shoutouts to ESI for hosting a fun event. It was ran a lot better than the last one (to be fair, you guys were NOT expecting what happened at the last one. SO MANY PEOPLE!). Congrats on this awesomely fun regional or national or whatever-al event and thanks for letting artists sell things because that was awesome too. so many esi folks would come up to me and ask how i was doing and all of you are perfect and i want to give you all hugs
  • Amar - thanks for helping the artists out so much and running stuff and yay! I will get your commissions done ASAP :D
  • Sam/Avion - thanks for housing/promoting my buttons/being a spiffy friend. I will see you in April for SILVERSTEIN and that should be fun c: funtimes per usual.
  • Zack/Denzi - hi you are cool and stuff and you kept me sane and watched my table and stuff and you also kept me company when driving which is tough because i talk a lot when i drive because i dont want to fall asleep n stuff. Also thanks for just being an awesome person. PS let's get better at P:M because thats fun
  • Sole - Hi friend thank you for sitting with me and hanging out and keeping guard of my table from time to time when i would run around. we should play league more, especially before hexakill goes away. I WILL PROTECT YOU (ugh i dont want to main support but i want to be a good Leona the struggle is real)
  • Hunky - do work take names. thank you for watching my table and selling stuff for me that was hella cool c: do work, take names! it was good seeing you again, friend
  • Suyon - hi friend it has been a while. good seeing you as always! thanks for watching my table as well. that was hella nice. we should hang out more JEEEZ.
  • Shugo - shugibear i missed you. im still confused at the weird roads we took to your house. the countryside scares me. idk what that has to do with anything but whatever. it was fun seeing you and we need to hang more and play tales and go sledding or something idk
  • Zero - it was nice meeting you and hanging out at Sam's place. you are super cool. also sorry american colleges arent actually like american pie. but we still think space jam is a cool movie so yeah. also thanks for suggesting fox buttons because that was a good idea. congrats on winning brawl singles!
  • Carroll - hello friend! good seeing you! thanks for storytime because i missed PGH storytimes. that was fun
  • shoutouts to my pool because we had lots of fun playing games! gg's The Altrox, Top Cat, Stewyian, and M2k! Stewy, I WILL BEAT YOUR ICs NEXT TIME I SWEARS IT. Altrox, keep on rocking. Top Cat, Dat Ness tho. M2k, those were really fun pools matches/friendlies. even though i always lose to you, its still fun because goofing off in tourney is way more relaxing than stressing out.
  • beegs - hi friend it has been like a bajillion years where have you been?! IVE MISSED YOU BROTHER. we need to hang out more and you need to visit pittsburgh or something. so much fun catching up with you
  • denti - it was nice to meet you! we have been fb friends for a while so its always good to actually meet smashers im friends with online : D all praise the helix
  • ADHD - you bought a dmoc/magician of black chaos button no one ever does that wow. you get a shoutout just for that. (Denzi's response was 'I TOLD YOU IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO MAKE THAT BUTTON') so yeah high fives
  • Stef - it was awesome meeting you and talking with you. thanks for supporting the button business and i hope you had a safe trip back home! kick everyone's butts in mario kart! hope we can hang at another tournament in the future!
  • Zinoto - sorry for no Diddy buttons it will happen someday i swear
  • Eric - sorry not sorry for no ROB (he will be in the next set.)
  • ori - it was good seeing you! hope your car is okay :c that really bites!
  • LOE1 - i hope you like the Kat print ; w ; / thanks for suggesting it and thanks for stopping by! good seeing you again!
  • MX/Karaoke man - HI FRIEND! it was good seeing you c: dat yoshi tho. we need to play friendlies when i am not selling things. we kicked butt in friendly doubles last shuffle. that was fun
  • neoh smash (both brawl and melee) - hello friends let me hug you
  • to everyone who bought buttons and prints, thanks for supporting me. you are all super awesome and stuff
  • to everyone who stopped to say hi and look at art, thank you for being supportive as well because you guys still took the time to say hello and comment on stuff and thats rad
  • to everyone who hyped my work, perfect humans let me hug you
  • honorable mention to delux for hilarious text messages
more shout outs later just lemme know if i missed you im still sort of scatter brained and im in a class

Last edited:

DeLux

I love you DeLux. If you want, you have my permission to lock this thread. It's mine afterall. This discussion is pointless, IMO.
The salt levels have died down so we'll just keep going. I am watching.

Like AL from Angels in the Outfield, I'm always watching.

honorable mention to delux for hilarious text messages
Mistakes were made, but it's ok since you still love me despite my flaws :p

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
oh also i used 4dlux as my tag against stewyian for you friend

i still lost tho

sorry

Last edited:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Oh yeah thanks Lokii for the MK pin, I'm really glad I got it. I was also really really considering getting that MK poster but I'm a tightwad sadly :I

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
Warning Received

Last edited by a moderator:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
you sent over zero and he said. " hey can you guys not cheer so loud, my opponent is trying to concentrate."
He didn't send me or anything. I don't mind crowd noises and I was loving how you guys were getting hyped over tornadoes and other things (I was expecting people to not care much about GF's), but Vinnie seemed very affected by the noises and it showed in his gameplay during the very first game. I play to win, however, I want to win when my opponent can also bring their best. So I decided to go there and just say something to help with that.

SHOUTOUTS LATER.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Oh yeah thanks Lokii for the MK pin, I'm really glad I got it. I was also really really considering getting that MK poster but I'm a tightwad sadly :I
s'all gud

i currently have 1 defect print left tho : o its a smaller mk print with slight ink issues on the left side. super cheap too (cough cough everyone please buy these i have an MK and Kat i just want to get them out of stock xD)

also also giveaway later. if anyone has suggestions for that, lemme know. samus prints to give away. maybe some buttons too? idk. suggestions?

DeLux

Anti-shoutout to Lokii for not respecting the rules of dibs.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Shoutouts yo. Sorry if I forgot anybody. It's really hard to remember names (especially since the only reference is the brackets, and not everybody made it into those in a tournament as big as this)

Zanguzen - Being at the same tournament as you (and CT Zero...) makes it really hard to tell if people are talking about me or not, lol. Otherwise we didn't talk, however I'm interested in playing against your Falco someday.
Nicaboy - GGs, I really enjoyed our set from what I can remember of it.
SS Flow - GGs in bracket. You absolutely bodied me. Thanks a ton for the advice afterward, I really appreciate it and I'm definitely going to work on the things you mentioned.
PGH Carroll - We didn't talk but you seemed really cool. I'd like to play you next time. Also, I saw absolutely nothing wrong with your commentary during Brawl finals. I thought it was hilarious and made the game more interesting to watch.
GimR - Shoutouts for the VGBC stream! I love your stream/channel and I think you're doing the community a fantastic service.
Achilles - GGs in our friendlies over the course of the weekend! I really enjoyed playing you. Next time I'm in the area we'll play again for sure.
Sonuva Beach - GGs in pools dude. Good stuff on first seed over me XD.
Rat - GGs. That was probably the hardest set I won all day Sunday. I hope we can play again.
GodsLAFCO - I remember where I knew your name from! It was actually just the pools sheet for Shuffle haha. But ggs regardless!
JmanJ - We didn't play long at all, but it was nice meeting you especially since you're from Indianapolis. Hopefully we can play again this weekend.
Ripple - GGs in pools dude. It was a really close game 3, it definitely could have gone either way.
CT Zero - You also make going to tournaments with you confusing. I hear my name but they're never talking to/about me. :(
Kero - It was nice seeing you again after a billion years.
Mister Eric - It was also nice seeing you again! I'm glad we played a couple of Brawl friendlies together XD. I wish I could still enjoy it like I used to, but unfortunately all the excitement is gone from that game for me. It was nice talking to you/kero/ralph about all kinds of smash topics though.
Ralph Cecil - It was nice talking to you, especially because we had never really had conversation before. Next time hit me up and we'll play some Brawl friendlies or something, we've never had a singles match before and I think it would be interesting haha.
Lokii - You had some pretty great art for sure. It was cool to be able to discuss a bit about BlazBlue with somebody who also enjoyed it. Thanks a bunch for providing the community with awesome buttons/artwork. I'm really happy with the stuff I purchased.
SoulPech - Thanks so much for housing me/voorhese/Gracen/Yoshido, you were super chill and we all had a great time at your place! It was by far one of the best housing experiences I've ever had.
DRB Juushichi - What does DRB stand for? Also, it was great to catch up with you man. We still need to play in PM! Even though I don't get to play it much I have a really solid Zero Suit.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
As inciteful as that post is, all it's going to do is derail this topic further and likely trigger a flame war. Do me a favour and use your better judgement on whether you think its healthy for that to stay there when the guy's original post was already removed. I've already taken out the unneeded name calling footnote.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

9. Jesiah :marth:
17. 1der :mario2:
17. SaltE :rob:
25. Laijin :sheik:
33. CT LoF NAKAT :fox::jigglypuff:
33. DLA :diddy:
33. Gravy :falcon:
33. Gunblade :ganondorf:
33. Twiz :sheik:
49. Goodin :mario2:
49. Kidbuu42 :mario2::falco:
49. Run DMX :metaknight:
49. Watty :lucas:

here's some that the OP missed

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
As inciteful as that post is, all it's going to do is derail this topic further and likely trigger a flame war. Do me a favour and use your better judgement on whether you think its healthy for that to stay there when the guy's original post was already removed. I've already taken out the unneeded name calling footnote.
At the time I was typing that, I didn't know his post had been removed.

My bad :U

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I had a good time I will do shoutouts later missed school 2 days after this tournament due too how tired I was lol. Hold on for me guys >.<.

I also main marth in pm but it doesnt really matter since I decided I don't care about that game that much anyway :/.

Caroll has funny as posts :D

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Dont get me wrong I dont think its a bad game or anything I just think there is so much sillyness in it. Like the ledge c stick etc etc.
Oh and ivasuar is beyond ********. I hope the game continues to grow though :D

tm

Smash Ace
Someone took my wii cords from my setup next to the stream that eventually was a 64 setup.

That's that **** I DONT like
Yo carroll I have a spare set of wii cables with no console to go with (A/V cables + power), if you want you can have em at the next tournament we're both at.

lol @ people being mad

Top Bottom