• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V - February 22nd & 23rd, 2014 - Columbus, OH - MLG supported event

Tony22

Smash Cadet
Also, is there a facebook event page for this? I feel like that would spread attention to it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If someone drops out of the carpool, I'll let you know. As it stands though, we have 5 people and the car sets up to 5.
I'll keep the weekend open. Have Phil let me know. I'll stay home if I can't get in though.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
hi, im actually going but idk if i wanna fly or just YOLO drive it out

But I'm definitely going...

just...

wondering how.

I'M CONFIRMED THOUGH IDC

I need housing Wednesday & Thursday before the event plus probably Sunday/Monday until I can make it back to Tristate. Anyone that could help me?

I have an hotel room for Friday and Saturday.
CAN I JOIN BIG ZERO?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Just wondering.. what good is a free pre reg?
I assume your just seeing what kinda numbers youll be working with right?
because if you were gonna do some actual pools making and stuff like that with this list I can see so many peoples plans falling through and them not coming.
Are you sign ups gonna be in person or are you gonna launch anotherpre reg closer to the date. Some more info on this would be great.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering.. what good is a free pre reg?
I assume your just seeing what kinda numbers youll be working with right?
because if you were gonna do some actual pools making and stuff like that with this list I can see so many peoples plans falling through and them not coming.
Are you sign ups gonna be in person or are you gonna launch anotherpre reg closer to the date. Some more info on this would be great.
Hey! Great question.

Preregistration is being used so that most of the information is already typed up and ready to go. That way, when players show up Saturday morning, they just give their name and pay. This saves time because we won't have to write down all their information, etc.

Pools won't be made until registration is done Saturday morning.

Hopefully that made sense!
Amar

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I mean, it also gives them an actual number of how many people will be showing up. Last event was like 2 or 3 times larger than what they were expecting.

Tony22

Smash Cadet
Booty booty bump because my group of 5 from KS would like housing a lot. I don't remember seeing any offers, but it would be hella appreciated.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
No... Double MK is not allowed to be unbanned. Brawl doubs is hype b/c of the diversity. @Xyro77 Yell about Batmans please. Set yourself up for when you must lecture everyone during the results later too.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
But that isn't fun to watch : /

mad hype for this by the way
doing some sketches for the smash buttons at the moment, and planning what series will get buttons next............

......I'm thinking BlazBlue or League.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I'm gonna try and come!

Follow me @ThephenomenalEE for breaking updates!

:017:

JuicePouch

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuicePouch
For people trying to sell stuff, you have to talk to esi about it first. I don't really think it's permitted, but talking to them would help. Remember, this is zero-profit for esi, with proceeds going to Nationwide Children's Hospital, so making profit here off of this event is not necessarily sound.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
For people trying to sell stuff, you have to talk to esi about it first. I don't really think it's permitted, but talking to them would help. Remember, this is zero-profit for esi, with proceeds going to Nationwide Children's Hospital, so making profit here off of this event is not necessarily sound.
Lokii did art people stuffz at the last one so she and the staff are familiarized with each other. But this is good to know.

JuicePouch

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuicePouch
Lokii did art people stuffz at the last one so she and the staff are familiarized with each other. But this is good to know.
After talking with them, anyone that hasn't familiarized themselves should. Anyways, I look forward to this tourney :D

LOE1

Smash Lord
damn, this tourney is getting to big lol. never would have expected this. im sure the tournament will be run pretty smoothly too :p

:wario:

fusionnoble

Smash Cadet
I think they just said 15th is the last day to pre register

I'm pretty sure you can walk in on the day, but have to pay extra?

I'm not anyone involved with hosting this or anything though

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
So far I have spoken with JuicePouch and Lokii, and these two are the only two that are allowed to sell Merch at Shuffle V- if you plan to, please please shoot me a PM so we can discuss, otherwise you will not be allowed to. The university and our organization has some rules that need to be talked over.

I think they just said 15th is the last day to pre register

I'm pretty sure you can walk in on the day, but have to pay extra?

I'm not anyone involved with hosting this or anything though
Preregistration ends February 15th- if you aren't able to preregister, you won't be able to play.

There is no money upfront, etc so there really is no excuse not to preregister. We are expecting a lot of people and feel this is the best way.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
So you're not going to have any players be able to walk-in and play? I feel like you could do some advertising for this event around OSU and get some extra attention from local players, even if it's day-of participants. Maybe make a cap on the number of walk-in players you'll permit, like 20 or so?

If nothing else, would players be able to at least pay venue fee and be able to play friendlies?

Top Bottom