• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V - February 22nd & 23rd, 2014 - Columbus, OH - MLG supported event

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I would need to talk with Ori again just to confirm if they're gonna get a hotel or not. if that's the case, then I have 3-4 people available. I'll keep you on the back end for now.
If Ori gets a hotel, I just want to comment that I asked first, before lovely Georgia :laugh:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
i will definitely have nu/mu stuff because waifus
(seriously i have a crazy obsession with the murakumos they rock)

SoulPech

Smash Master
I will most likely be extending the # of ppl I can house. I have a 1bed-1bath apartment and I've housed 13 ppl at once. Alot of the ppl slept on the floor, but I have an extra bed and a couch. I need to clarify with Ori and that'll ultimately make my decision.

Tony22

Smash Cadet
If Kansas goes, (which is very likely), we'll have 5 people. Is anybody willing to house us? It would be much appreciated!

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Regarding housing (especially you out of staters), I will bring up the notion of ESI members having their homes invaded. This will reduce the amount of late returns on Sunday for us, and cheap (read: free) housing for you guys! I cannot say that it's guaranteed, but we should have a few members willing to house some people.

-Brett
(BBOY, Ballistaboy)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If Kansas goes, (which is very likely), we'll have 5 people. Is anybody willing to house us? It would be much appreciated!
The only reason I would come is if I can get in on your carpool. Down to commentate Melee after PM is over.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Whoa you're right. And apparently unplugging your opponent's controller is also legal under this ruleset. DANG.
I'm sorry to see that you don't grasp that this is a serious issue. There is an obvious difference between in-game and out-of game actions. Anything in game is by default legal unless noted in the ruleset, plainly this is not the case for out of game actions.

If you got freeze-glitched and timed out by an IC at this tourney, you would have little basis for contesting the win. If the Apex Ruleset is to be used as a standard, this should be addressed.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry to see that you don't grasp that this is a serious issue. There is an obvious difference between in-game and out-of game actions. Anything in game is by default legal unless noted in the ruleset, plainly this is not the case for out of game actions.

If you got freeze-glitched and timed out by an IC at this tourney, you would have little basis for contesting the win. If the Apex Ruleset is to be used as a standard, this should be addressed.
Hey,

We were using Apex rules because we figured those would be the most up to date for the tournament- was the issue you are talking about a problem @ Apex?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord

First off, I agree that freeze glitching/stalling or other common notes should be mentioned. But master hand and stuff like that is just a waste of space. Yeah there is a difference between in-game and out-of-game actions, but the point is: where do we draw the lines between what to mention and what not to mention?

Hey,

We were using Apex rules because we figured those would be the most up to date for the tournament- was the issue you are talking about a problem @ Apex?
No it wasn't a problem at Apex. He's just being a baby and doesn't realize that:

The TO reserves the right to settle any unforeseen situations that may occur, and his judgment is final. In extreme situations, rules may be altered between phases of a tournament in the best interests of the event.
Just use common sense.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
im most likely gonna be able to attend il know soon enough but just in case im looking for housing and maybe someone that can pick me up from the airport (might be flying in or carpooling idk yet)

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Hey,

No, the problem didn't manifest itself at Apex, but that's not to say that it couldn't come up.

First off, I agree that freeze glitching/stalling or other common notes should be mentioned. But master hand and stuff like that is just a waste of space. Yeah there is a difference between in-game and out-of-game actions, but the point is: where do we draw the lines between what to mention and what not to mention?
I'm glad that we can agree that freeze glitching and stalling should be explicitly banned. It is my contention that we mention anything in-game that is not allowed. Players need clearly defined boundaries with which to work in. That is the entire point of rulesets. It's not as if there are a lot of extra rules that need to be put in. I see just two: master hand banned and stalling banned (freeze glitch can be considered a form of stalling).

No it wasn't a problem at Apex. He's just being a baby and doesn't realize that:

Just use common sense.
TO modifying the rules is a worst-case scenario, as it says for "extreme situations". It's obviously preferable for the players to know the exact rules before playing the set. So adding these two clauses is certainly preferable to simply hoping no one abuses them and then changing rules mid tournament.

TSM ZeRo

I need housing Wednesday & Thursday before the event plus probably Sunday/Monday until I can make it back to Tristate. Anyone that could help me?

I have an hotel room for Friday and Saturday.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Hey guys, MD/VA is trying to attend this in full force, but we need housing for ~4-8 people for Friday and Saturday night. Can anyone help us out?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
Oh yeah, I mean I guess I have housing available... but I mentioned to Ryker (and maybe Reflex) that I would house them if they came up, if they don't show I miiiight decide to house some people. Don't exactly hold me to that, though.

Otherwise, you'll see me there.

@ Chronodiver Lokii Chronodiver Lokii : I am still serious about my Len button or art, too. I think I have you on skype to talk about it further, though.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I need housing Wednesday & Thursday before the event plus probably Sunday/Monday until I can make it back to Tristate. Anyone that could help me?

I have an hotel room for Friday and Saturday.
Just to clarify, where will you be at those days? I was under the impression you were coming from Michigan.

Oracle

Smash Master
is there any way to look at the number of people pre regged for each game? I might want to come but not if its gonna be a 25 man pm tourney

SoulPech

Smash Master
is there any way to look at the number of people pre regged for each game? I might want to come but not if its gonna be a 25 man pm tourney

I can tell you at Shuffle IV, there was a 32 man bracket w/ 30 people. there were only like 2-3 people that were out of state (intended local but some people oos came) . If this will be an intended national, there will be more people entering in PM.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Even so, I would still like to see pre registered entrants ahead of time
We can't release the pre-reg list due to personal info (phone numbers, etc), but I can tell you that we have over 20 people registered for PM Singles and the event isn't for another month, and pre-reg doesn't close until 2/15.

TSM ZeRo

Just to clarify, where will you be at those days? I was under the impression you were coming from Michigan.
I mean, I'm flying from Mexico to this tournament. Already got my plane tickets. I land on Ohio wednesday kinda early. So I need housing until Friday, which is where I'm rooming with other Smashers for the weekend, then after the tourney until I can get back. I'll try to tag along some other Smashers back to tristate.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Alongside my Brawl/P:M Wii setup, I may bring an extra, dedicated Wii U setup if I decide to order 4 Gamecube Controller adapters for it.

A Wii U can run P:M via the Hackless Method. As for Brawl, I'd need to unlock all the characters & stages again, because P:M won't save that for vBrawl & I can't transfer Brawl's data from the Wii.

Xx1derxX

Smash Cadet
Chyayuhhz
Need teamy for pm and melee, pm me for phone number.
MIGHT be able to house saturday night if my sis is down but i kinda doubt it.

Wadup BBoiii

sneakytako

Smash Lord
So on the OP is says this:
ESI is also working DIRECTLY with MLG on the event. This support includes their event knowledge, attributed hardware, expertise, advertising and streaming the event on MLG.tv

And on the frontpage of smashboards it says this:
Shuffle V has announced that they will be streamed by VGBootcamp.

So which is it? Is VGBootcamp going to stream, or is MLG going to stream? Or both?

Not to sound super-negative, but an update is probably in order on MLG's participation.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
So on the OP is says this:
ESI is also working DIRECTLY with MLG on the event. This support includes their event knowledge, attributed hardware, expertise, advertising and streaming the event on MLG.tv

And on the frontpage of smashboards it says this:
Shuffle V has announced that they will be streamed by VGBootcamp.

So which is it? Is VGBootcamp going to stream, or is MLG going to stream? Or both?

Not to sound super-negative, but an update is probably in order on MLG's participation.
Hey SneakyTako! Sorry if it was ambiguous- we tried to spell it out in our press release on www.shffl.org and in this thread, but the answer to your question is both.

It will be streamed by VGBC to www.mlg.tv

Basically, it will be the same production quality etc as before except you will watch it through mlg.tv instead of twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
Amar

Last edited:

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Every friday I'm going to be updating you guys on how many registered players we have, along with a list of gamertags.

Gamertags TOTAL = 54

DRB | Juushichi
DBSammy
SoulPech
Shadow the Past
Koz
Sneakytako
Klob
KittyMW
Galakrond
Prince Abu
jt5565
Falcon's Fist
Lokii
FF Ori_bro
Hanky Panky
XeroXen
Booker
Sombra
CryoSomnus
CocoThunder
Seagull Joe
CT EMP Mew2king
Hael Phael
DunFoundDead
Carls493
bLU
Logic
Tech_Chase
Zinoto
Jesiah
Aura
Llamaboy
Ojanya
Limpinator
Tercel
LOE1
OniKasian
RCM94
Gracen
Vader
Zion Hikari
I EgnarO !
Juggleguy
rollins
GodsLAFCO
SAI
1der
Bloodcross
Cam
Doppler12

LOE1

Smash Lord
so uhh, how do I edit my pre red again, if I can. I just wanna put in my teammate lol

Tony22

Smash Cadet
The only reason I would come is if I can get in on your carpool. Down to commentate Melee after PM is over.
If someone drops out of the carpool, I'll let you know. As it stands though, we have 5 people and the car sets up to 5.

Top Bottom