• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V - February 22nd & 23rd, 2014 - Columbus, OH - MLG supported event

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, just spent about an hour or so updating spreadsheet material for our pre-registrations.

Just wanted to say we have some pretty cool people pre-registered, and right now, the most registered events are PM Singles and Brawl Singles.

I've sent out conformation emails to everyone that has registered up to this point. If you didn't get one, email us at esi.shuffle@gmail.com, because either I missed you or you messed up your email.

Thanks!

Derek

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Shuffle V Partners With Video Game Boot Camp​

Shuffle V and MLG are proud to announce Video Game Boot Camp (http://vgbootcamp.com) will be live on-site streaming matches, providing streaming services and uploading the VoDs from the event. Video Game Boot Camp is at the forefront of streaming competitive Smash boasting exceptional video, and especially audio quality. They currently have over 18,000 subscribers on YouTube and over 22,000 followers on Twitch with a strong community backing. Shuffle V is certain that VGBC will do an extraordinary job streaming the event and adding value to the tournament for those that aren’t able to make the trip in person.
With the event being officially supported by Major League Gaming, VGBC will be a perfect organization to provide top quality services for this landmark event. The stream will be live on http://www.mlg.tv, with proceeds from the stream along with a majority of the venue fee being donated to Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Shuffle V will take place February 22-23 in Columbus, Ohio.

Please visit the official website at http://www.shffl.org.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey all, just spent about an hour or so updating spreadsheet material for our pre-registrations.

Just wanted to say we have some pretty cool people pre-registered, and right now, the most registered events are PM Singles and Brawl Singles.

I've sent out conformation emails to everyone that has registered up to this point. If you didn't get one, email us at esi.shuffle@gmail.com, because either I missed you or you messed up your email.

Thanks!

Derek
I want to buy a flight to this asap, but I need to see a schedule for the event...When will you guys have a schedule up?

:018:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I just want you to know this tournament has ruined gamegenie222's birthday lol

Should get him a birthday fund so he could go to this so I wouldn't feel bad about canceling my tournament and maybe coming to this and beating Seagull in Wolf dittos and losing to his MK.

<3

SoulPech

Smash Master
So right now, I can house up to 8-9 people so here's who I have @ my house:

1) Ori MI + 3 people
2) XeroXen + 3-4 people
3) Seagull Joe

My housing is capped unless somethign changes.

SoulPech

Smash Master
According to the OP:

FoodJust outside Royer within 10 minutes walking distance is a Jimmy Johns, Subway, several pizza places, and the best gyros in Columbus at Apollo’s.

There is also a BDubs and a Buckeye donuts. If you want GODLIKE donuts, I'd check that out.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I dont mean food I can get anywhere else. I mean godlike food in Columbus only. Its whatever, I'll look up the episode of MvF and find out

But anyway, anyone housing for this? or can give me more information about transportation from the airport to the hotel/venue? Flights are suprisingly cheap and I'm highly interested in attending now :laugh:

SoulPech

Smash Master
I know a **** ton of places. Do you have a preference?

and as for housing, i wish you would've said something earlier. I just capped out xD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Philly is showing interest with this post.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
preference? Anything good thats not a national chain. Even regional is fine

Anyone else aside from your generous self housing? Worst case scenario, since I'm from Florida and I don't know anyone else, could I trouble you for a possible airport ride to somewhere nearby?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Also Joe I see you. I know you are definitely down for the "find godlike food" struggle like at past tourneys

Avion

Smash Apprentice
So, what good food is in the area?
Apollo's is awesome, it's kind of a walk though (on the corner of 13th and High Street). Just get two gyros - $6. You won't be disappointed. Also, Slice of New York is pretty great too, $2.00/slice for cheese I believe. It's less of a walk too (between 14th/15th and High Street).

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, My gamer tag's Flaka, I'm an ambitious wifi falco/mk main looking to get into the offline scene.. I'm thinking that Shuffle will be my first tourney... I'm hoping to enter doubles and singles and do decent, and by decent I mean not last place. xD

But anyways, I'm wondering is there anyone who could possibly take me to Shuffle and house me? Message me on FB (Filemon Jankuloski) I'd appreciate it greatly.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so, can someone put up some info on airport transportation options? and/or nearby hotels, as it looks like housing isn't going to be happening

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, My gamer tag's Flaka, I'm an ambitious wifi falco/mk main looking to get into the offline scene.. I'm thinking that Shuffle will be my first tourney... I'm hoping to enter doubles and singles and do decent, and by decent I mean not last place. xD

But anyways, I'm wondering is there anyone who could possibly take me to Shuffle and house me? Message me on FB (Filemon Jankuloski) I'd appreciate it greatly.
I can't house you unfortunately, but it would help to mention where you're from if someone is going to take you :) Hope you can make it!

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

Schedule is out!!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqXHyT1ZGXqZdHZWSW5zUGNKaFp4VFlfU28zeXpxZUE&usp=sharing

*PLEASE NOTE: SCHEDULE IS NOT FINAL. THE FINAL SCHEDULE WILL BE TWEAKED UP TO THE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT TO BETTER ACCOMODATE DIFFERENT ENTRY SIZES BASED ON PREREGISTRATION. SCHEDULE WILL NOT CHANGE MORE THAN +/- 2 HOURS UNLESS DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES.

With that being said, please comment on the structure and give complaints/compliments! We are welcome to feedback.

It is hard to assign time slots to things without knowing how long events take- with that being said, we think we have allocated enough time for the various events and expect a really smooth event!

Amar

D

Deleted member

I may be coming!
You better come, Jason! I could learn from you after watching your P:M Mewtwo on the Apex stream.

Question for ESI: Is there a deadline for Pre-Registration? I already did so under "CryoSomnus", but that was just for P:M singles. I'm debating whether or not to enter another one of the singles tournaments, but it's all about whether or not I feel my skills are up for it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
From what I've found so far, this hotel is a few blocks (0.3 miles) from the venue:

http://www.theblackwell.com/

Looks to be 141 a night though, but they do offer airport transportation shuttles if you reserve in advance, which is a plus, as the hotel is ~10-15 miles from the venue, and a cab would be about 25 bucks each way.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
From what I've found so far, this hotel is a few blocks (0.3 miles) from the venue:

http://www.theblackwell.com/

Looks to be 141 a night though, but they do offer airport transportation shuttles if you reserve in advance, which is a plus, as the hotel is ~10-15 miles from the venue, and a cab would be about 25 bucks each way.
The blackwell is an excellent choice! It is right on campus any maybe a ~ 5 minute walk from the venue (It is where all the opposing football teams stay when they visit usually.)

Other options include various hotels downtown, but those are a solid ~5-10 minute cab ride from the venue.

The CMH Columbus airport is about 20 minutes from the venue. Also, the www.megabus.com drops you off about a 10 minute walk from the venue.

I'm going to put together various hotels, transportation, etc into a single document to release shortly.

Avion

Smash Apprentice
You better come, Jason! I could learn from you after watching your P:M Mewtwo on the Apex stream.

Question for ESI: Is there a deadline for Pre-Registration? I already did so under "CryoSomnus", but that was just for P:M singles. I'm debating whether or not to enter another one of the singles tournaments, but it's all about whether or not I feel my skills are up for it.
Pre-registration will officially end on 2/15. Anyone who registers after that date will pay double the initial venue fee.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Colton will you be able to get me from the airport Friday night and drive me back Monday morning/afternoon? I will of course compensate you.

I'm also interested in this answer as it applies to me as well #throwmoneyatpeople

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone! I'm not a "good" player or anything but I am planning on going and I support Melee a lot! Looking to play 64 too if there's anyone willing.
I HAVE HOUSING. It's a pretty decently sized space. If people are willing to sleep on sleeping bags and stuff, I can probably house around 5-6.
(still haven't confirmed yet if I can go but it's looking to be a yes). Not a lot of available parking is available but message if needed. I have a melee set up but no (good) extra controllers. If housing I have a few rules though that you'll have to follow. Message me if housing is an issue (will have to find back up just in case I can't but whatever final decision i make, I won't go back on my word).

I am an OSU Student currently and OSU is a pain to find parking and has some other things here and there (construction) that you guys should probably try to avoid.
For food recommendations or OHIO specific things, theres plenty of great things but i guess it depends on your preferences. (Columbus resident my whole life)
Feel free to ask any questions related to OSU if needed.

-Chris (Chris Yoon on Facebook. message me there for quicker responses!)

:EDIT: I have a car as well so I can most likely pick up a few people from the airport (only 10 mins from my place). If there's a few people coming around the same time i can take about 4 maybe 5 each trip. Can make multiple trips, just let me know

D

Deleted member

Pre-registration will officially end on 2/15. Anyone who registers after that date will pay double the initial venue fee.
It's okay if I pre-register twice though, right? Since I may decide to enter another event~

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Colten, Michigan is looking to be a lot more than just myself and 3. This is the Michigan + Friends interest.
  1. Ori
  2. LOE1
  3. Zinoto
  4. ZeRo
  5. ADHD
  6. Stewy
  7. Tech
  8. Ksev
  9. WTP (Since he always comes)
  10. Xatic*
  11. Coco*
We might need to look into hoteling for 1 night.

Zero and adhd might come to michigan prior and come down with us. I'll be talking with both of them today at some point.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Colton will you be able to get me from the airport Friday night and drive me back Monday morning/afternoon? I will of course compensate you.

I could possibly get you from the airport Friday when I get off, but Idk yet if I can drive you to the airport monday. I work Mon-Fri.

Colten, Michigan is looking to be a lot more than just myself and 3. This is the Michigan + Friends interest.
  1. Ori
  2. LOE1
  3. Zinoto
  4. ZeRo
  5. ADHD
  6. Stewy
  7. Tech
  8. Ksev
  9. WTP (Since he always comes)
  10. Xatic*
  11. Coco*
We might need to look into hoteling for 1 night.

Zero and adhd might come to michigan prior and come down with us. I'll be talking with both of them today at some point.
no....

Top Bottom