• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle IV - November 9th, 2013 - Columbus, OH

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I cant make a print in a weeks time sadly XD (well, i CAN, but i need to focus on school again....ive been irresponsible thanks to youmacon...)
Kat print is on the to do list though

LOE1

Smash Lord
:( okk, school over smash lol.

but im gonna keep bugging you about it :)

Avion

Smash Apprentice
No pools for doubles? Do the tournament organizers know enough about the local smash community to seed the bracket? If Abu and I have to play, like, Drephen and Big R first round I'm gonna be pissed.
By myself, probably not, but I have plenty of people to help. Lokii, BBoy, sparkaura and Kiest will most likely all be able to contribute. It's not going to be purely my call/random chance so don't worry. It will be done properly.

As for whoever asked about Project M doubles, that is probably not happening unless significant interest is shown on the day of. We were anticipating Project M being smaller than either Brawl or Melee and were going to run it concurrently, since we are definitely constrained by time. Having doubles as well as singles is most likely not feasible. Sorry!

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Yo Lokii tell me you got an ICs print!!! I will buy that **** immediately.

And fyi, my car for this will be myself, ShroudedOne, and possibly two others.
Mango also might be getting a ride to this from a friend of mine if he can't make it to pound and decided he wants to come to this.

As far as seeding goes, I know Shrouded and Myself don't get out to Cbus or many other tourneys outside of the NEOH/PA area, but we're top 10 in NEOH for melee. So don't go giving us bottom seed just because you don't know us.

Also since this is going off the Apex ruleset, Alex Strife did mention on stream that he was going to make wobbling legal, so keep that in mind. This is 2013 ya'll.
Either way I don't care because I'll just 3-5 hit wobble you guys then d-throw -> dair cg and do it again lol. You can't ban my bull **** :p

EDIT: The Y-town crew may be showing up as well (KittyMW, Pat, Get Low, and JWNZ)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
LOE1, Kat is a high priority btw c: Shesperfectionomg

Nahhhh, not yet. if i get enough interest, Ill work on ICs
Might do some smash pins though. stickers get pricey...but buttons are cool since my roomie has a button press!
But, that will probably be League pins versus smash pins until i make a set. or BlazBlue. I have a soft spot for that series....

LOE1

Smash Lord
pretty sure we have 3 so far, but you can ask stewy to be sure.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Yo Lokii tell me you got an ICs print!!! I will buy that **** immediately.

And fyi, my car for this will be myself, ShroudedOne, and possibly two others.
Mango also might be getting a ride to this from a friend of mine if he can't make it to pound and decided he wants to come to this.

As far as seeding goes, I know Shrouded and Myself don't get out to Cbus or many other tourneys outside of the NEOH/PA area, but we're top 10 in NEOH for melee. So don't go giving us bottom seed just because you don't know us.

Also since this is going off the Apex ruleset, Alex Strife did mention on stream that he was going to make wobbling legal, so keep that in mind. This is 2013 ya'll.
Either way I don't care because I'll just 3-5 hit wobble you guys then d-throw -> dair cg and do it again lol. You can't ban my bull **** :p

EDIT: The Y-town crew may be showing up as well (KittyMW, Pat, Get Low, and JWNZ)
So NEOH is rolling in huh? I can't wait to see how I stack up now since RAGE.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Someone team with me!
I might be up for it, but i'm going to ask someone else first real quick because I told them I would before. :o

EDIT: Should I bring a full set up to this, because I think I can(if my ride is ok with that) if needed. :o I might possibly be able to bring two TVs(one is really bad and fuzzy and no one ever wants to use it </3).

LOE1, Kat is a high priority btw c: Shesperfectionomg

Nahhhh, not yet. if i get enough interest, Ill work on ICs
Might do some smash pins though. stickers get pricey...but buttons are cool since my roomie has a button press!
But, that will probably be League pins versus smash pins until i make a set. or BlazBlue. I have a soft spot for that series....

I'm not gonna be at this, but can i see what prints you have? I might send somebody with money.

specifically anything Nu/Lambda/Noel or Sheik or Ashe/Jinx/Akali related

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Mmmmmm Murakumo bbys

http://24.media.tumblr.com/448459cd91fee99f52d6a7638e576cc9/tumblr_mvqd4llnQC1r6oygmo1_1280.jpg

thats a pic of print stuff
Left side is my roommate's stuff (Earthbound, Mother 3, Kill La Kill, Sherlock, Supernatural, Dr. Who, Panty and Stocking, Outlaw Star, Off, windwaker, Madoka, Original characters, etc) plus buttons from Ace Attorney, LoZ, Touhou, Earthbound/Mother, Supernatural, cave story, and more
Right side (look theres me!) is v-13, Jinx, Ashe, Diana, Ahri, and 3 original prints plus BlazBlue, smash, and rwby buttons
i should have at least one copy of each of my prints and most of the buttons

Sheik is something i wanna do art for, along with kat (as i said before lol), syndra, zed maybe, and a few others
plus other smash and blazblue and league stuff

and claymore. mmmmm claymore

mathos

Smash Champion
By myself, probably not, but I have plenty of people to help. Lokii, BBoy, sparkaura and Kiest will most likely all be able to contribute. It's not going to be purely my call/random chance so don't worry. It will be done properly.

As for whoever asked about Project M doubles, that is probably not happening unless significant interest is shown on the day of. We were anticipating Project M being smaller than either Brawl or Melee and were going to run it concurrently, since we are definitely constrained by time. Having doubles as well as singles is most likely not feasible. Sorry!

Although seeding would be nice I don't see how that is helpful. At that point you're placing people based on opinions. Without a regulated ranking system you can't really seed people. Whose to say your #1 seed is better than your #2 seed. This is even more complex when it comes to teams because of team dynamics that aren't represented by singles performance.

Random would likely be the best way to go. That way people could only be mad at the luck of the situation instead of possibly the organizers who placed them people specifically.

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Although seeding would be nice I don't see how that is helpful. At that point you're placing people based on opinions. Without a regulated ranking system you can't really seed people. Whose to say your #1 seed is better than your #2 seed. This is even more complex when it comes to teams because of team dynamics that aren't represented by singles performance.

Random would likely be the best way to go. That way people could only be mad at the luck of the situation instead of possibly the organizers who placed them people specifically.

While randomness is ideal, we also don't want something truly random. No new player is going to be want to put in a pool of 5 pros, nobody is going to want to be fighting only players from their hometown that they fight all the time - stuff like that. It's not just going to be me and whoever else placing people where we like based on our opinions. We're going to rank players by skill level (unfortunately there has to be some opinion somewhere in the process) and then implement it in TioPro which will take care of the semi-randomization. So we are going to have the pools/seeding done semi-randomly. Don't worry too much, this won't be an issue.

just for reference, how many hits until its considered a wobble at this tournament?
3 d/ftilts? 5?
I'll be there.

2013 and wobbling is still banned... Oh well.
Okay, announcement time. After discussing with the rest of ESI and other Melee veterans, WOBBLING IS NOW UNBANNED. Hope this pleases everyone. I will update the original post to reflect the change.

stewyian

Smash Ace
can someone tell me who notable is coming and how many people might be coming other than Michigan?

DBSammy

Smash Ace
can someone tell me who notable is coming and how many people might be coming other than Michigan?
MX is definitely attending. I think Kel is coming. Sneaky, Fizzle, and Blue are maybes.
Somewhere on FB I heard that MD/VA might come up too.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, is anyone here looking for a brawl teammate? I'm a decent Lucario main (17th at Youmacon). Let me know if you're interested in teaming!

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Lol swarm jiano will destroy you with dk lol if you come to dec 14th tourney in lou ill $20 money match you with any of my characters shiek, peach , doc, marth and my lil bro's luigi is prob 2 stocks better than you ill send 20 with him to mm you at this if you choose to accept my offer luigigoShard fixing to upset some ppl at this

Overswarm

is laughing at you

OS System with unknown variables:

Pick X people, where X is either 2 or 4 (straight bracket) or number of pools. Choose people that you can assume based off recent performance can all be reasonably assumed top 4 or close to it.

OS System 2:

Make Watty fight Drephen

random said:
Lol swarm jiano will destroy you with dk lol if you come to dec 14th tourney in lou ill $20 money match you with any of my characters shiek, peach , doc, marth and my lil bro's luigi is prob 2 stocks better than you ill send 20 with him to mm you at this if you choose to accept my offer luigigoShard fixing to upset some ppl at this
No strategies just fighting as hard as I can

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Overated post: 15971167 said:
OS System with unknown variables:

Pick X people, where X is either 2 or 4 (straight bracket) or number of pools. Choose people that you can assume based off recent performance can all be reasonably assumed top 4 or close to it.

OS System 2:

Make Watty fight Drephen

No strategies just fighting as hard as I can

So that made no sense it was a yes or no question if you accepted or not but guess not
There edited

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
Who from NEOH can possibly give me a ride. Definitely will pitch in my fait share of gas money. I just have to find out if I work saturday or not.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
So NEOH is rolling in huh? I can't wait to see how I stack up now since RAGE.
Yeah there will probably be a few of us. Right now it just looks like me, ShroudedOne, and two new players.
Ralis can't make it to this, but he wanted two.
Mango may be showing up.
Y-Town said they might go.

While randomness is ideal, we also don't want something truly random. No new player is going to be want to put in a pool of 5 pros, nobody is going to want to be fighting only players from their hometown that they fight all the time - stuff like that. It's not just going to be me and whoever else placing people where we like based on our opinions. We're going to rank players by skill level (unfortunately there has to be some opinion somewhere in the process) and then implement it in TioPro which will take care of the semi-randomization. So we are going to have the pools/seeding done semi-randomly. Don't worry too much, this won't be an issue.
Pool seeding is usually pretty good at these, iirc. Generally there will only be a few high level players per pool. The best get spread out to different pools, so your average player will probably play one or two higher level players and a few people worse than them. It's usually not an issue so long as too many people of the same skill level are not put into one pool.

Okay, announcement time. After discussing with the rest of ESI and other Melee veterans, WOBBLING IS NOW UNBANNED. Hope this pleases everyone. I will update the original post to reflect the change.
Awesome. I enjoy this change. I probably won't abuse it too much, but I do appreciate having the option available. Especially in the peach MU.

I heard around FB Chu Dat is coming as well.
That would be incredible. ICs are gettin' REPPED at this tourney if he enters melee.

Who from NEOH can possibly give me a ride. Definitely will pitch in my fait share of gas money. I just have to find out if I work saturday or not.
I might be able to, but I'm trying to keep space open in my car for setups and such. Your best bet is contacting Rob Taylor on facebook.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I won't be going to this, but just some corrections:

Derf and ShroudedOne are not top 10 in NEOH. They're good, but not top 10.

Mango is still trying to go to Pound V.5. Not sure where Derf got that info, or if it was an assumption, but he's still trying to go to Pound.

I doubt Youngstown will go.

I'd be surprised if Chu came.

Oh, and Watty sucks ****. BigR is the homie.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
that was a typo, I meant to say top 20 lol. I'm definitely not top 10 yet. I'll get there. lmao.

I got that info from rob taylor, who agreed to give mango a ride to this if he couldn't find a ride to pound.

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
I found a ride, I just need to not work. Hell, I might even call of for this ****. It'll be a good time for sure.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Depending on what type of schedule you have, if you request off in advance, they are usually able to adjust your schedule so you have the appropriate hours you normally would have, and still be able to attend.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
The honest reason.

"I'm going to Columbus Saturday."

I tell my work straight up. "I'm going to go play Melee. Schedule me hours for earlier in the week and Sunday."

Work: "Good luck!"

Work is cool like that.

Top Bottom