• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle IV - November 9th, 2013 - Columbus, OH

Rizner

Smash Ace
How much more interest is needed to get project m here/ what do you think is the timeline for when you'll know. I would probably be able to get 3 or 4 there if pm is around.

Avion

Smash Apprentice
How much more interest is needed to get project m here/ what do you think is the timeline for when you'll know. I would probably be able to get 3 or 4 there if pm is around.
I will bring it up at the meeting tonight and get back to you. I'm running this thing so it's ultimately my call, I just want to hear out the rest of ESI's opinions. I'd say it is very likely at this point, since a lot of interest has been shown. I don't follow the Project M scene at all, so I'll have to read up on the generally accepted ruleset and what the most recent tourney-legal build is. And also how to install it lol. For example, I believe I heard recently the Mewtwo was just released? Is he considered legal already, or is it a few weeks till the kinks get worked out, or what? Someone who follows Project M should help me out! :)

Rizner

Smash Ace
I will bring it up at the meeting tonight and get back to you. I'm running this thing so it's ultimately my call, I just want to hear out the rest of ESI's opinions. I'd say it is very likely at this point, since a lot of interest has been shown. I don't follow the Project M scene at all, so I'll have to read up on the generally accepted ruleset and what the most recent tourney-legal build is. And also how to install it lol. For example, I believe I heard recently the Mewtwo was just released? Is he considered legal already, or is it a few weeks till the kinks get worked out, or what? Someone who follows Project M should help me out! :p
ok, so I'll answer what I can. For rules, I'd suggest taking the big house 3 ruleset as a base (recently , modifying it if desired. To run it or install it, check their website. No hacks are needed as log as you're ok with deleting custom stages and have a 2 gig sd card (not larger). Mewtwo was announced but won't be in the game. He's planned for the next release this winter, so version 2.6b would be the current version to use at the tournament.

Also thanks for the quick response

SoulPech

Smash Master
I will bring it up at the meeting tonight and get back to you. I'm running this thing so it's ultimately my call, I just want to hear out the rest of ESI's opinions. I'd say it is very likely at this point, since a lot of interest has been shown. I don't follow the Project M scene at all, so I'll have to read up on the generally accepted ruleset and what the most recent tourney-legal build is. And also how to install it lol. For example, I believe I heard recently the Mewtwo was just released? Is he considered legal already, or is it a few weeks till the kinks get worked out, or what? Someone who follows Project M should help me out! :p

I apologize but I skimmed through since i'm at work and we're busy, but (from what I read) I just wanted to let you know that I can run the P:M tournament if needed, as well as Juuishichi. We currently run brawl and PM at our events, so we can assist if neeeded. I understand it's your tournament and it's your call, but as a smash scene and the fact that PM is currently growing, you'll get more attendance and popularity if you have this game at your venue.

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
I might. Let me figure out who is coming with me and I'll let you know. Should be able to get a head count on my end once pm is confirmed to be there or not.
Thanks, It's still a little iffy if I can go, but I'd rather have the option open than not.

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, two important things:

1) Project M is now confirmed for Shuffle IV! We are all set to go ahead with a singles Project M tournament, most likely to be run before the Brawl and Melee tournaments. HOWEVER we need several hacked Wiis running Project M in order to run a tournament for it. ESI has only have one (my own) to contribute. Don't forget that for bringing a Wii you will also receive $5 off your venue fee! If we do not get enough hacked Wiis running Project M to make the tournament feasible, it will be cancelled. So please, if you have one to contribute, bring it! We will take good care of it.

2) If you plan to attend Shuffle IV, or if you are on the fence, RSVP APPROPRIATELY AT THE TOP. We are trying to get some kind of expectation of the turnout. I understand that sometimes things come up and people will cancel, or that some smashers are car pooling and bringing even more entrants - we are just seeking to have some kind of estimate of the turnout. So please mark 'yes' or 'maybe' at the top!

Thanks for your interest everyone :)

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, though:

You don't need hacked Wii's at all. All you need is whatever Wii you're using and a 2 GB SD card to put the files on. There are hackless methods to load Project M. Here is the site for more details.
Oh, really? That's excellent, I had no idea. Thank you! However, we still encourage everyone willing to help out to bring a Wii and 2 GB card. Better to have excess Wiis than not enough, right?

I'm pretty surprised that ESI only has one wii to offer.
We have only one hacked Wii to offer. Still surprising, I know, but oh well. Most of the club members are now focused on League of Legends tournaments instead of Smash because they are easier to run and have larger turnouts, so having a Wii is less common than it used to be. That's why it's been two years since our last tournament. Hopefully we'll be back to one per semester though.

For Project M, it seems.

It is a basically "last minute" side event.
It is definitely last minute, but we're not trying to keep it limited to a side event or anything. Right now it is planned to happen before Brawl/Melee because I'm guessing Brawl/Melee will still have much bigger turnouts, but if the turnout for P:M grows a lot then we may have to run all three concurrently to avoid bottlenecking. That said, I'd be ecstatic if there was a major turnout - no on likes their favorite game to be the side event, right?

Suyon

Smash Lord
That would make much more sense. Isn't the League of Legends tournament over though or is ESI already making plans for the next one? I'm pretty sure Project M will have a good turnout since both Brawl and Melee will be there.

Avion

Smash Apprentice
That would make much more sense. Isn't the League of Legends tournament over though or is ESI already making plans for the next one? I'm pretty sure Project M will have a good turnout since both Brawl and Melee will be there.
We've done four League of Legends tournaments in the downtime between Shuffle III and IV. As someone who loves Smash and is not a fan of LoL, it sucks, but I can't deny that it is much easier to run and earns a lot more for the cause. So personal preferences have to take a backseat unfortunately.

LOE1

Smash Lord
aww ye league talk
wish MI had league TO's, i'd body everyone :)

Avion

Smash Apprentice
By the way everyone, we will be having a stream with commentary from Kiest and possibly others! For some reason the site won't let me add it to the event information at the head of the page, but you can find the stream here. I will be working on adding this information to the main post when I can.

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
I might. Let me figure out who is coming with me and I'll let you know. Should be able to get a head count on my end once pm is confirmed to be there or not.
When do you think you will have an answer by? I'm trying to meet up with an old friend from Pittsburgh at this tourney, so I need to know if I can make it so he can request his work off.

Rizner

Smash Ace
When do you think you will have an answer by? I'm trying to meet up with an old friend from Pittsburgh at this tourney, so I need to know if I can make it so he can request his work off.

Hey, sorry about that. I might actually be getting a ride with someone else up there. I'll try to figure it out and let you know.

Watty

Smash Lord
watty is coming :samus: hope you all know how fucked you all are because IM BRINGING THE RAIN ALONG WITH SOME MISSILES *******

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Last time you said that you were drunk off your ass in Dublin looool

Come to a NEOH tourney so we can wreck you

Watty

Smash Lord
did i wreck you in dublin? I WONT BE DRUNK AT THIS MOFO AND when is this NEHOOO tourney?

Watty

Smash Lord
hmm what time, depending on what time and how hungover i am id be down, im on campus all the time so someone get at me if you wanna play for a bit

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Don't think I can make it now. I am going to be presenting my senior Capstone Project at the Kentucky Academy of Sciences that day I believe.
#bummedout #notwerkingforme

LOE1

Smash Lord
So it seems a lot of MI isnt too interrested in this tourney sadly...

However, i actually made plans early and got someone to get a carpool going, so consider me nearly confirmed :)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
So it seems a lot of MI isnt too interrested in this tourney sadly...

However, i actually made plans early and got someone to get a carpool going, so consider me nearly confirmed :)

Oh I was interested, i just want my wallet to have some time to recover after Youmacon. Usually my trips to Ohio run $60-$80 and i'm spending like $300 at youmacon.

Top Bottom