• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle & Cut Brawl Weeklies Brawl (Saturday) and Melee (Sunday) 10/25 cancelled*

replicate

Smash Lord
I want to go to race's tournament just because I really like him and I heard there's going to be a lot of delicious food, but at the same time I want to get some practice in before Sunday.
hahaha maybe all the melee players could go to race's and bring melee setups

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
That's the plan dumbo. Melee people gotta step it up. Race only has one set-up and I'm brining one!

phaMR2

Smash Apprentice
there's a no trip hack for brawl? installing that would be the same as the alternate colors hack? modify the .iso?

me and tones made it out to one of race's garage tourneys one time. one of the simple and best meals i had in a while. rice and korean bbq ftw.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
well, I have no idea how hacks and stuff work but there are multiple threads with the code for No Tripping

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Pretty soon I'm going to learn to do this and offer free service of installing it in people's Wiis. If everyone's Wii's have the code installed TO's have no choice but to allow no tripping Wii's in tournies otherwise tournies will never get done :p

Huber

Smash Apprentice
I got ssb64 up and running on my Wii. I've been unlocking stuff. It's great nostalgia unlocking everything again. Gamecube controller rules too. My only gripe is you have to press shoulder buttons all the way down to l-cancel and I'm just not used to that.

-Huber

phaMR2

Smash Apprentice
I got ssb64 up and running on my Wii. I've been unlocking stuff. It's great nostalgia unlocking everything again. Gamecube controller rules too. My only gripe is you have to press shoulder buttons all the way down to l-cancel and I'm just not used to that.

-Huber
ahaha. im still not used to smash64 on the gamecube controller. all my movements are somewhat off. but if i ever want to play seriously (or someone wants to play serious), i have the 64 for that. =P

the original quake ported to the wii is awesome. i found myself playing it alot today. i want the devs to implement a multi-player/online system into it. =)

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I want to go to race's tournament just because I really like him and I heard there's going to be a lot of delicious food, but at the same time I want to get some practice in before Sunday.
hahaha maybe all the melee players could go to race's and bring melee setups
I think Race said that he would allow for a few Melee setups at his tourney. So just go and bring a setup.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
$8 on the day of the tourny right?
Sorry I haven't been to many. =P

Wreckless

Smash Journeyman
Halo 3 > Smash Brawl

NP: I thought you were not gonna play SSBB ever...??

my ROFLcopter goes soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi
your cars wack.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Nice, this isn't too far for me. I might be able to go to the event on the 30th. How many players attend both events on average?

I'll try to take a bus or something, but I'm not sure if any buses will go from Santa Monica to nearby the venue. If I can't find one, perhaps I could hitch a ride with a player nearby? Gas money is naturally a given.

Hope I can find some practice beforehand. Playing either game would be most enjoyable.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Wow I forgot how inflated the prices were.

Ugh I hate that. Haven't they paid for the Wii's already? They don't need to continue charging extra anymore...

YoshiFreak

Smash Cadet
Nice, this isn't too far for me. I might be able to go to the event on the 30th. How many players attend both events on average?
Brawl, from what I've seen, usually averages about 25-30 people a week while Melee has been slowly dying. However, it seems that people are going to support it again. I'd play in the Melee tourney but my Falco isn't that good. >.>

Huber

Smash Apprentice
Wow I forgot how inflated the prices were.

Ugh I hate that. Haven't they paid for the Wii's already? They don't need to continue charging extra anymore...
Don't go making those assumptions. Were not even close to breaking even yet.

I always try and apologize for the prices, but it's as low as we can go. Can we give it a rest?

-Huber

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Brawl, from what I've seen, usually averages about 25-30 people a week while Melee has been slowly dying. However, it seems that people are going to support it again. I'd play in the Melee tourney but my Falco isn't that good. >.>
That's pretty good. I'll show up if I can take a bus or find transport with another player. Thanks for letting me know.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like fun. I may go.

And when it says that the tourney starts at 1, does that mean doubles then singles, or vice versa? Just curious, because that could affect my decision to come.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Do you have to take part in doubles to be apart of singles?

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
yayyy CV will be attending this...
you can expect
Aero
Ripn
Boo
ReDEM
and maybe a few more :D

see yalll there

JTB

Live for the applause