• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I don't know when (or if?) the threads are getting closed but before it's too late I wanna thank everyone here for sticking around. Never expected Reimu to gain such a big Smash fanbase, it's absolutely crazy. Regardless of if you're a long time 2hu veteran or only got into the franchise through Smash speculation, all of you guys made this DLC cycle truely special and I really hope to see you all become a lasting part of the community. Play the games, listen to the music, enjoy the fanart and share the passion! For this franchise is truely a one of a kind gem.

Ladies and gents... it's been fun speculating with you.
1633458030602.png

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
The other General Touhou Threads are like from 2019 and Im not so certain about Necroposting.
And I just know that the old Smash 4 Support Threads are archived and View-Only.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Before I leave this website for a long long while, I really wanted to thank all of you guys for supporting and spreading the Touhou for Smash movement.
Without all of you, I would've likely never gotten into Touhou, and would've never met Reimu and Youmu.
My Touhou journey began last year, and shall continue in the years to come, as well as my undying love for its characters (especially Youmu lol)
I will always be a Reimu for smash supporter, and until the next smash game, I hope you will continue to support the cause and spread the love ^^ <3

zferolie

Smash Hero
Its... hard to say goodbye to this site... so I am holding off on that for now...

In the meantime, anyone have any japanese reactions to sora? I always enjoy seeing their smash reactions

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably not gonna leave the site as I plan on going back to some other threads and finding new ones. It was nice being in this thread, though. I'm sure it'll be archived soon since DLC is finished and Smash won't get another game for maybe a decade.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Hey, it's not entirely for nothing, though: Reimu's become a big name for whenever the next Smash game is, so there's that advantage. :)
I can vouch for that personally. I may not be the biggest Touhou fan, but it's grown on me quite a bit, and I may never have gotten invested in it if I didn't see the growing Reimu movement and went "yeah, she seems neat."

I remember how I once plugged "reimu" into the search engine I use and the first autocomplete result was "reimu for smash." I think it's fair to say this subset of two fandoms has elevated Touhou's prominence in the eyes of several people.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Man, I bet you guys must be so glad to have me on board in this thread because I'm just so Charismatic and Charming, otherwise this board would've been dry as f*ck. Right? Right. (r-RIGHT?!)

Chuunibyou-ing aside, I had an amazing time with you all in the 7 months I've been here. Yes, I know it's a tad bit too late into Smash's lifetime, but goddammit, Reimu's smash campaign had to be a tad bit too late to that as well 💢 ! Seriously, I want us to keep in touch after we're done with this thread! I feel...at home geeking out about Touhou with you guys 'cause I never had that opportunity growing up. I'm just glad I finally have people (other than my sister) to talk about it to!

Last edited:

VicAdward

Smash Apprentice
THEY have been keeping spaming "XXX for Smash" things on Twitter since Smash 4 (or even Brawl),
and not until the last day did I do the same thing,

later I just talking about how LOGICAL did my character get NOTHING in Smash,
and BOOM!! I'm now a bad guy.

nice.

Last edited:

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Thanks everybunny.
You all helped make speculating for Reimu more prominent
and might be what was just needed for the next Smash to be open to add her in the future in some capacity
A Smash Game will surely come sometime in the future in some way
but meanwhile, Touhou keeps to continue growing further too and its nice to witness that

Stay safe y'all. Have fun and keep gaming and...

See you next dream~

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is it. It's been quite the journey. When I started advocating Reimu for Smash years ago now, I never could've imagined the idea would grow as much as it did in so short a time. Of course this isn't the ending we had dreamed of, but I think we'll manage anyhow and keep the dream alive until next time.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well, it's not Reimu, but at the end of the day I can't say I'm really upset. There's just so many possible characters and I accepted that nobody was statistically likely due to all the potential timelines we could go down. You win some, you lose some, but eh, it's just a game. It might not dominate my life like when I first found it, but it was nice just unpacking all there is to know about Touhou back in 2020, and without online communities like SmashBoards I probably would've gone insane. We've been through some ups and downs, but overall I'll remember those days fondly.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Just flying through with a passing message before these newcomer speculation boards close.

I'm ultimately happy that Sora was the final character, even if it meant all the other characters I wanted are not happening for goodness knows how long. But that said, I definitely think Reimu has certainly become a new ensemble darkhorse in Smash speculation since more people started to think "You know, a Touhou character in Smash would be pretty neat." It's been a fun ride, and Reimu is now likely going to be discussed more seriously in future Smash speculation since more people have warmed up to the idea. She's still got a huge up-hill battle but she's done well for a new name in character speculation for Smash. See you all again on the other side of the Hakurei Barrer!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
With SSBU spec finally ending, I'd like to give my thanks to the Touhou Project. That chance rabbit hole that got me into the series led to me discovering SmashBoards and all it had to offer, both good and bad. My Touhou phase somehow managed to last for months, with me listening to nothing but Touhou songs and remixes from around March-April until my Ys phase around November, checking in on the Reimu for Smash account every morning for my daily dose of Touhou until it's hiatus. It was a simpler time, I wish I could experience it again.

Thanks to PurpleXCompleX PurpleXCompleX for being our level-headed threadrunner, even if we didn't really talk much.

Top Bottom