• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
It is interesting that both exA-Arcadia and CAVE used the same phrase to describe Touhou, "a monument of STG", in their official announcements and IRs.
Looks like the marketeer behind recent Touhou development is trying to sell this title.

BTW, this was leaked 2 days before by the doujin leaker.
He has been around Touhou board on 5chan so some people are still tracking him.
https://fate.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/touhou/1629802587/689

689 :名無し (ドコグロ MMea-dhez) [↓] :2021/09/25(土) 13:09:02.27 ID:8HwodkW7M [MVNO]
風のうわさ
ジョジョのアケゲーみたいなのを企業産東方二次創作で作ろうとしてる人たちがいそう
信憑率:20%くらい

A little bird told me.
Seems like a group of people is trying to develop a company-made Touhou arcade game like JoJo's one,
About 20% credibility.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace

OK it's totally not related to Touhou

but seeing Fate, 1 of the 3 most successful doujis in Japan, doing a chad move,
I had a feeling that something special would happen in Touhou too...
I mean, I'm not really that surprised. It's a cool crossover for sure, but Melty Blood and Fate are both owned by Type Moon, so it was never in the realm of impossibility. Really it's more like how Reimu, Marisa, and Yuuka apeared in Seihou than anything.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Well, this came outta ****ing nowhere

Kind of a shame no advertising was done for this

OK it's totally not related to Touhou

but seeing Fate, 1 of the 3 most successful doujis in Japan, doing a chad move,
I had a feeling that something special would happen in Touhou too...
Man, this just makes me want a Fate Fighting game made by French Bread even more

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
It seems that the Muse Dash/Touhou collab is out today. Bad Apple and plenty of other songs are included, and Reimu is playable!
I noticed yesterday and got pretty excited about it! I wasn't expecting it. Some of the visuals on the stages are pretty cool, and the song choices are solid.

Last edited:

Sakuya Mafia

Smash Rookie
Trolling
I won't let you smash ******s ruin sakuya with her being in your ****ty ass game
Sakuya forever, mother****ers

Last edited:

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
I won't let you smash ******s ruin sakuya with her being in your ****ty ass game
Sakuya forever, mother****ers
hey, hey, HEY! WHO YOU CALLIN' A SMASH ******? I'M A SMASH NOOB. YOU HEAR ME!? Don't f***ing forget it.

(okay, serious question. Do you prefer Sakuya with opaque tights or stockings? please answer it's for scientific purposes)

Last edited:

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
On the behalf of all Sakuya fans, I want to present our excuses for the troll that posted on this thread earlier.
Y'know, I was considering insulting Sakuya just to stick it to that guy, but not even a clowner like me could do it, She was the first character I ever discovered from this series after all...

At least I came up with the next best thing!

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
As we get closer to the end of the ride that is Smash Ultimate DLC speculation and support of Smash Fighters we would like to see
I think its appropiate to properly wrap up everything whether she doesnt get in or if Sakurai was Highly Responsive to Prayers.
Even with the future closure of this thread it doesnt mean its the end of it, really.
There is still the Reimu for Smash Twitter Account as well as the Reimu for Smash Discord Community and with how Touhou has expanded and grown over the past years the chances for any kind of Smash content to feature Reimu and more Touhou stuff might become more and more likely as time passes for a future Super Smash Bros. Game.

When it comes to Smashboards itself, it might be possible to move conversations for all things Touhou to a General Touhou Discussion Thread.

To clarify, as I made the Thread for Reimu for Smash I was actually never too optimistic for Touhou Project to appear in Smash in the first place,
I was doing this for fun and passion and because nobody else kickstarted this so I thought, well... I might as well !
And to my surprise it spawned much more speculation and even so, serious speculation coming from both Touhou Fans and Smash Fans!
The Reimu For Smash Twitter Account and Discord were established, Smash YouTube Channels like SourceGaming and PapaGenos speculated on Reimus possibility to Smash... While things in the community obviously havent been all positive, Im happy for all the good things that spawned out of it.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Are people seriously beleiving a 4chan leak for sora? Haven't we learned by now?
Apparently some people are either desperate to see their most wanted in the game, or bigger ⑨s than Cirno. Or both. Either way, I'm just as surprised believing 4chan leaks has repeated so many times for so long as you are at this rate.

Last edited:

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Are people seriously beleiving a 4chan leak for sora? Haven't we learned by now?
Listen, I know that you must be tired of me asking about this by now, but I must ask again because I generally don't like seeing anything that could possibly hint at who the last fighter could be.
Alright, here goes.
* inhales * CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ME WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?!?!

And to answer your question, no. because as Sanae said, "when it comes to your favorite character, you can't let yourself be held back by common sense~"

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Listen, I know that you must be tired of me asking about this by now, but I must ask again because I generally don't like seeing anything that could possibly hint at who the last fighter could be.
Alright, here goes.
* inhales * CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ME WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?!?!

And to answer your question, no. because as Sanae said, "when it comes to your favorite character, you can't let yourself be held back by common sense~"
Basically there's a 4chan leak where some guy claiming to work for Disney Music said that Nintendo approached them for a number of songs and that Sora's in Smash. Unsurprisingly, people took it with a grain of salt and had their suspicions. I think someone came out and said their friend wrote it and that it was fake.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Basically there's a 4chan leak where some guy claiming to work for Disney Music said that Nintendo approached them for a number of songs and that Sora's in Smash. Unsurprisingly, people took it with a grain of salt and had their suspicions. I think someone came out and said their friend wrote it and that it was fake.
Wow, this is just the living incarnation of the "My DaD WoRkS At [insert company name] aNd He SaYs It'S tRuE" meme, and in earnest. That's just sad.

In other (slightly more interesting) news, the results of this year's popularity poll just came out today! The English translations can be found right here: maribelhearn.com/thvote

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Nah. I wouldnt mind him at all, I think he would be very cool and its an addition that Id be cool with.
I just dont see Disney content being involved so i think its unlikely. But maybe they can make it work and we legit do see Mickey lol.
People always say "Just do it without Disney" to which I just say "... Sakurai really cares about properly repping the game world." And I think the Disney Crossovers are a core part to the series. ^^;
Im more worried about Vergeben thinking Master Chief was coming, thats something I cannot relate to at all? And Its also an addition I just would not really understand. I dunno how big it is in Japan but I feel like theres kind of a big disconnection.

Regardless, a lot of prediction videos make my head hurt. You usually hear the same candidates all over again without much logical thoughts behind it other than them being talked a lot. Some are understandable but most are really questionable. A lot forget that a Challenger Pack adds more than a Character.

But what do I think? I do not expect a 1st Party. I do not expect Fire Emblem or Pokémon. I dont expect it to be from a series thats already repped in Smash.
Capcom had been continiously getting content except for a Fighter and my personal prediction/wish is Phoenix Wright,
reasons are because I like the series, its iconic, and we need more "Non-Fighters" or Joke Characters.
Hes also most similar to the considered Character Ayumi Tachibana.
Also, like even if you never played the Ace Attorney games, everyone knows "Oh yeah its the Objections guy".

I dunno it could go anywhere. But Im not expecting it to be something totally in the lines of "Its gonna be this side character because Smash fans asked about them for a while or its gonna be this meme pick because it could be funny." Or the very common "This game releases or is currently popular. Therefore-"
I could go on for quite a while about that honestly.
And I could throw out a bunch of Names but yeah... we dont really have a real direction to go from currently.
Gonna keep an eye for the inevitable leaks and rumors that will sprout the next days though.

In other (slightly more interesting) news, the results of this year's popularity poll just came out today! The English translations can be found right here: maribelhearn.com/thvote
Im very happy that Marisa got placed higher than Reimu. That has been a huge surprise.
Never understood how Youmu keeps being 1st Place.
And also rather unimpressed that Its always the usual games and songs getting the top spots every year. ^^;
Thats something that will never change.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Nah. I wouldnt mind him at all, I think he would be very cool and its an addition that Id be cool with.
I just dont see Disney content being involved so i think its unlikely. But maybe they can make it work and we legit do see Mickey lol.
People always say "Just do it without Disney" to which I just say "... Sakurai really cares about properly repping the game world." And I think the Disney Crossovers are a core part to the series. ^^;
Im more worried about Vergeben thinking Master Chief was coming, thats something I cannot relate to at all? And Its also an addition I just would not really understand. I dunno how big it is in Japan but I feel like theres kind of a big disconnection.

Regardless, a lot of prediction videos make my head hurt. You usually hear the same candidates all over again without much logical thoughts behind it other than them being talked a lot. Some are understandable but most are really questionable. A lot forget that a Challenger Pack adds more than a Character.

But what do I think? I do not expect a 1st Party. I do not expect Fire Emblem or Pokémon. I dont expect it to be from a series thats already repped in Smash.
Capcom had been continiously getting content except for a Fighter and my personal prediction/wish is Phoenix Wright,
reasons are because I like the series, its iconic, and we need more "Non-Fighters" or Joke Characters.
Hes also most similar to the considered Character Ayumi Tachibana.
Also, like even if you never played the Ace Attorney games, everyone knows "Oh yeah its the Objections guy".

I dunno it could go anywhere. But Im not expecting it to be something totally in the lines of "Its gonna be this side character because Smash fans asked about them for a while or its gonna be this meme pick because it could be funny." Or the very common "This game releases or is currently popular. Therefore-"
I could go on for quite a while about that honestly.
And I could throw out a bunch of Names but yeah... we dont really have a real direction to go from currently.
Gonna keep an eye for the inevitable leaks and rumors that will sprout the next days though.

Im very happy that Marisa got placed higher than Reimu. That has been a huge surprise.
And also rather unimpressed that Its always the usual games and songs getting the top spots every year. ^^;
I wouldn't mind sora either, I just don't think it will happen because of disney.

I also don't think its going to be a 1st party, as they had 2 already this pass. But I don't think its going to be a massive 3rd party, like crash or doomguy. I think it will be a smaller japanese 3rd party, where Reimu fits nicely

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind sora either, I just don't think it will happen because of disney.

I also don't think its going to be a 1st party, as they had 2 already this pass. But I don't think its going to be a massive 3rd party, like crash or doomguy. I think it will be a smaller japanese 3rd party, where Reimu fits nicely
Exactly! It also in a way parallels Bayonetta during the Smash 4 days, as both of them were rather similar.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
To be fair, Vergeben cut ties with that particular source and seems to disregard Master Chief in Smash now. Also, considering multiple people seem to have had the same information, I'd consider it leak bait. I very much doubt Master Chief is in the running at this point.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
DUDE! THE GAMES IN THE TOP 6 HAD STAYED IN THAT EXACT ORDER FOR 3 CONSECUTIVE YEARS! WTF?!

I'm just gonna be honest with you all, I never thought the results for these polls have been that interesting. Most of the poll results have been the same boring, predictable incestuous gene pool for the better part of last decade, and many other prople think the same. Like, who in their right mind thinks that ANY song could've beaten out "Septette for the dead Princess" AND "U.N. Owen was her?" at the same time? You'd have to be smoking Reisen's stash to think that, lol. Could you believe that in the very first poll, the Prismriver sisters' theme ranked 1st?! We may never get that level of unexpected left field picks again! Ah well, I guess that's to be expected in a popularity poll...

The only thing I find interesting about the results are where any of the new material will end up. And, to my very pleasant surprise, The newest Touhou game ended up ranking 7th! That is crazy! I don't think anybody expected that to happen, considering how this game was initially recieved.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The big man himself posted this tweet.

It roughly translates to: "The new fighter may be a character you don't know, and each one may be different from the character you are free to expect. However, I hope you enjoy the broadcast itself as a game program. I also enjoyed recording it."

I dunno if he's talking to the Japanese audience specifically (I mean, we know Touhou's basically "Indie Gaming's Dragon Quest" in Japan), but if he's talking to the worldwide audience, then I think this fits Reimu to a T!

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

It roughly translates to: "The new fighter may be a character you don't know, and each one may be different from the character you are free to expect. However, I hope you enjoy the broadcast itself as a game program. I also enjoyed recording it."

I dunno if he's talking to the Japanese audience specifically (I mean, we know Touhou's basically "Indie Gaming's Dragon Quest" in Japan), but if he's talking to the worldwide audience, then I think this fits Reimu to a T!
He did say the same thing about Terry during the presentation, and that would have been in Japanese, so I personally don't think it means much.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607

I can't help but feel hopeful. I guess it's alright if I'm disappointed in the end. Might as well have fun thinking it could be Reimu!

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
He did say the same thing about Terry during the presentation, and that would have been in Japanese, so I personally don't think it means much.
Booooo! You're no fun, you party pooper!🙎‍♀️😡 you meanie

(yeah, I have nothing else to add to this converation)

Last edited:

Narp

Smash Cadet
Booooo! You're no fun, you party pooper!🙎‍♀️😡 you meanie

(yeah, I have nothing else to add to this converation)
Now, that does mean it should be someone less known worldwide, someone less mainstream. The statement seems to be tempering everyone's expectations for someone ultra popular, so that's good for Reimu's chances. But as always, don't expect too much. Instead, be pleasantly surprised should we be so lucky.

Last edited:

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX

Cant be specifically Japanese Audiences since hes tweeted the same in English.
But that doesnt have to really mean much I think. Most Franchises and Games are globally recognized.
Edit: I have to point out how only in Japanese he tweeted that "you may not know or expect the character"

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

I think this basically says its not a huge world wide character. So its not sora, crash, master chief. This does help reimus chances for sure, but i feel what this mostly does is say dont expect a blockbuster world wide name

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I don't think it means that much. Everyone has a long list of characters they don't know about and/or aren't actively rooting for, whether they know it or not. In addition, Smash tends to be a good advertisement for introducing gamers to new series they wouldn't know about otherwise. In short, "I know you might not care for this specific fighter or even Smash as a whole, but I hope you'll pop in anyways and give them a chance regardless."

Top Bottom