• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Check this video out Made by Sr. Pelo!
Fun fact: this has been suggested by someone for 8 years (check the end credit) and it took him till now to finish it, I believe he supposedly pick the project up again after playing EoSD not too long ago and of course went on his own Touhou phase like we all do (actually, he has been Touhou fan, I believe I know this after discover a reference to Touhou in his Underpants series.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Funny you put this version of Reimu, because......
Damn, Touhou Switch games are going on the rise as of late.

Fun fact: this has been suggested by someone for 8 years (check the end credit) and it took him till now to finish it, I believe he supposedly pick the project up again after playing EoSD not too long ago and of course went on his own Touhou phase like we all do (actually, he has been Touhou fan, I believe I know this after discover a reference to Touhou in his Underpants series.
Just saw that video. The man's just amazing in how he makes his vids. Also, that ending though, holy crap. No wonder it took so long!

Last edited:

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
I already feel that Reimu is already going to make a lot of noise (both good and bad....) But I can see something like this happening to... quell the western rage or something like that. At least we Touhou fans will show our full, unbridled support for her like she's our collective baby daughter!
I would also like to see Touhouvania as an alternate costume as well, but I wonder if they would actually consider adding fanmade stuff to represent a character, 'cuz if that's the case, LUNA NIGHTS WITH SAKUYA, PLEASE!!

(Please don't take this the wrong way, but WOW! You're 82?! Touhou really does live on through generations! You could be my mentor! How long have you been into Touhou?)
The touhou fans will obviously give lot of money love to her if haters will attack her and call her pedobait because they didn't get their most wanted character, I just hope that the fandom won't get ruined too much by the twitter ****heads who would remove the fun and stuff because they can't take a joke

Yes I'm a veteran but a sad one, I went to japan once in the 70s and I saw baby ZUN in the street with a glass of juice and when I saw his devilish smile, I knew what was his plan for his future life, and so the first time I tried playing the series, it was worse than the cold war, I had worse ptsd of story of eastern wonderland than the vietnam war and the gulf war combined and I broke my PC-98 because of that .....
(I'm just kidding by the way, I'm in my 20s)

Funny you put this version of Reimu, because......
Nice !! I mean, I'm not really interested since I already have the game and translated to my language but it's still cool to see fanmade touhou games getting official releases ! I don't think it means anything about reimu in smash just because it's on switch but it's cool for the people who created the game getting official recognition (it would be even more awesome if the second game get released as well)

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Is it going to be on the eShop? If so Nintendo gotta prepare a unique section for Touhou just like those you found on rhythm game lol if the fangames keep coming.

I want to see Danmaku Festival on Switch just as a foil for the real mainline game since it still amuses me that the average everyday person thought it is the real game after looking it on Steam. Case in point:

Last edited:

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Sr Pelo has streamed many Touhou games, including some of the PC-98 games, and even the demo of the most recent game, the latter of which was while he was working on the EOSD animation. He like, one of the best people in the fandom!

About that comment: If I had to guess, the comment he might be referring to might be related to a little video called "EOSD in a shellnut" which, fun fact about me, was one of the videos about Touhou that got me into the fandom! Obviously, I had no idea what the animation was about, but I still stuck around because that video was related to all those other Touhou videos. I'm so proud of that milestone~

The touhou fans will obviously give lot of money love to her if haters will attack her and call her pedobait because they didn't get their most wanted character, I just hope that the fandom won't get ruined too much by the twitter ****heads who would remove the fun and stuff because they can't take a joke
Haha!! Well, jokes on ALL OF YOU, i'M STILL A TEEN! AND I'VE LOVED TOUHOU SINCE I WAS A CHILD! SO NO ONE'S ALLOWED TO SAY THAT ABOUT ME!!! SUCK IT TWITTER!!!!!

Last edited:

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
So I found this and uh
Yeah

Bad Apple scares me sometimes
NOOOOO!!! DAMMIT! I WAS TRYING TO SUPRESS THE MEMORIES OF ALL THOSE HORRID SPONGEBOB UTAU VIDEOS I SAW YEARS AGO! AAAAGGHHHHH!!!!!

This sounds just as good, though....

You really can make Bad Apple out of everything... I'd be surprised if we DON'T get where all the characters are replaced with f---ing toilets at this point.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So, I just learned of a new instrument called the celesta, which is basically a piano if its hammers hit metal bars instead of metal strings, and it sounds sorta like a fancy music box or xylophone. It's a beautiful instrument that sounds super magical.

While searching for music played on it, I I stumbled across this and figured I would share!

Last edited:

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
By the way. I wanted to ask you hardcore Touhou fans a question. Is there a Touhou dating sim? I'm asking for a friend...

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
By the way. I wanted to ask you hardcore Touhou fans a question. Is there a Touhou dating sim? I'm asking for a friend...
I actually know this but I don't remember the name, all I know is that Sakuya is an option
Oh, you must mean "Sakuya Izayoi gives you advice and dabs". And while you're at it, why not play another game of his:
"Yuuka gives free CBT lessons"...

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Here is a new tin foil hat theory. Sakurai posted a tweet about game maker garage

Sakurai made a simple game... a shump game... and touhou is the biggest shump there is in japan...

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

cuz we’ll need it after dealing with Yuuka :4pacman:
[groans]

Yes, Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura . That's actually what the game is called... That was the joke.

~Game Description~
"Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, also known as CBT, is the use of evidence based strategies to help manage symptoms of poor mental health problems such as stress, anxiety and depression. Yuuka Kazami from the Touhou Project invites you to some mostly peaceful lessons where you grasp the basics of CBT!"​

Last edited:

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Steady your courses, brothers. We may not be the likely candidate, but we can always hope.

Also remember that:
  • The "grazing" glitch is in no way indicative of being likely or even guaranteeing that Reimu is in/was considered
  • Touhou is still marginally unknown to most gamers compared to most of the cast and possible characters who will be chosen
  • No matter what, at least we have our alcoholic dad and his love of MIDIs
  • I just started EoSD, is it worth going back to play/beat 2-5?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Steady your courses, brothers. We may not be the likely candidate, but we can always hope.

Also remember that:
  • The "grazing" glitch is in no way indicative of being likely or even guaranteeing that Reimu is in/was considered
  • Touhou is still marginally unknown to most gamers compared to most of the cast and possible characters who will be chosen
  • No matter what, at least we have our alcoholic dad and his love of MIDIs
  • I just started EoSD, is it worth going back to play/beat 2-5?
Well said! Don't get your hopes up and you'll never be disappointed. Remember, unlike a lot of people who really want a given rep in Smash because that series is dead, Reimu is going to keep getting more content.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
That's an edge Reimu has over other Smash speculated characters: Even if she doesn't get in, we're still going to get more Touhou content in the future. That puts us in a better position than other requested characters who are only kept relevant by Smash speculation or them going in Smash is the only way to revive them.

I'll love if Reimu gets in Smash but that'd be a cherry on top.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! ONE MORE DAY BEFORE THE NINTENDO DIRECT! HNNNG I'M SO EXCITED I COULD CRY, I'M GONNA THROW UP!! SO MANY OVERWHELMING EMOTIONS ARE FLOWING! I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER! THIS IS TO MUCH!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

(Oh, oh, I have a cool idea! What if we all congregate as a group to do a live stream of us reacting to this direct together? Or, if we can't do that, we could record out individual reactions, and post them if she actually makes it in! We should all look our best for best shrine maiden~!)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! ONE MORE DAY BEFORE THE NINTENDO DIRECT! HNNNG I'M SO EXCITED I COULD CRY, I'M GONNA THROW UP!! SO MANY OVERWHELMING EMOTIONS ARE FLOWING! I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER! THIS IS TO MUCH!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

(Oh, oh, I have a cool idea! What if we all congregate as a group to do a live stream of us reacting to this direct together? Or, if we can't do that, we could record out individual reactions, and post them if she actually makes it in! We should all look our best for best shrine maiden~!
Also, profile pic change for the occasion!)
Hey uh… the context of the joke is inappropriate and can get you in trouble with the staff. I advise changing it

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Hey uh… the context of the joke is inappropriate and can get you in trouble with the staff. I advise changing it
Oh, sorry, sorry! I will change it back right away! I thought it wasn't that bad as a joke. Thanks for telling me!

(Damn, I spent all night working on it. Oh well, I'll use it for another time....) but come on you have to admit it was pretty sick

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Well, tomorrow's the day our final two fighters are coming. Whatever happens tomorrow, it was a pleasure throwing ideas around, sharing news and speculating regardless. If Reimu makes it in, that's cause for celebration. If not, well, the dream never dies. It was an honor.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Remember when I noticed the ReimuForSmash Twitter had gone silent?

Well, turns out it's been back up for the last couple days

Swinging by the account every morning for my daily Touhou fix was a staple of my early days of SmashBoards, and it's also one of the few parts of Twitter I look at in a positive light. Having this part of the good old days (For a relative definition of "old") is nice to have, even if Smash may very well be ending soon.

MindlessMage

Smash Cadet
Remember when I noticed the ReimuForSmash Twitter had gone silent?

Well, turns out it's been back up for the last couple days

Swinging by the account every morning for my daily Touhou fix was a staple of my early days of SmashBoards, and it's also one of the few parts of Twitter I look at in a positive light. Having this part of the good old days (For a relative definition of "old") is nice to have, even if Smash may very well be ending soon.
Haha, thanks for missing me.

etnoika

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to say, it's a really funny coinkidink that today's Sakurai picture features characters dodging a ranged attack after the last one was him making a Shmup game in Gamedev garage.

Top Bottom