• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Lyncario

Smash Ace
What I also find funny was that everyone saw Sakuya's shottype and was immediately dreading to play it because it looked bad. I, however, was dreading it for different reasons. It all started when I played Reimu/Aya's shottype in Touhou 11, and I f***ing HATED it. It was so hard for me to maneuver, especially if you are on low power. Ever since then, I convinced myself that I would hate all aiming shottypes, and when I saw how this one played, I thought I would not have fun with it at all.
(Whoops, I guess I forgot to mention this in my "review" of the game.)
As a Sakuya loyalist, I did not get how her shot type worked at first and I did not like it, but then I started understanding it, and i really like it now, even if I wouldn't say that I'm good at it.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
As a Sakuya loyalist, I did not get how her shot type worked at first and I did not like it, but then I started understanding it, and i really like it now, even if I wouldn't say that I'm good at it.
Strangely enough, about a few weeks ago, I actually play Touhou 7 with Sakuya's B shottype, and I realized, it wasn't that bad. I guess I only have bad luck when it comes to the aiming shottypes that aim in the opposite direction. Now, I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about her shottype in this game.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
This is rather interesting

spits drink

On a serious note, this means pretty much nothing other than Sakurai knowing about Touhou (which was extremly likely to begin with since he's a fan of shmups), but it's still very cool to see.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This is rather interesting

This is something of significance here.

On the one hand, as many others have said before, this damn well means nothing when it comes to future fighters. There has never been a case where Pics of the Day have been hints at anything related to unrevealed fighters and the big man himself admitted that they are generally just for fun.

But on the other hand, the fact alone that Sakurai managed to reference Touhou of all things for the first time in Smash's entire history (I mean, AFAIK) is something big. I mean, considering his history he clearly knows about the Indie Gamer's Dragon Quest. Don't you find it weird that Sakurai not only references N. Tropy as they appeared in Crash 4 with those clocks but now we clearly have Pyra standing in for Reimu and Gruntilda for Marisa? I looked through all the other Pics of the Day Sakurai has been posting since last year, and most references and shout-outs he has made so far are of anniversaries for games that have content in Smash like Undertale and Minecraft. With only two slots left, these two seem to be what stands out the most to me, hint or no hint, since Crash Bandicoot and Touhou Project are both franchises not in Smash yet.

But if a new fighter is coming in May, which might seem hella likely considering this theory...

...which says basically this...
  • January: Byleth
  • February: Piranha Plant
  • March: Pyra & Mythra (Came out after the video and lines up cleanly)
  • April: Joker
  • May: CP10?
  • June: Min Min
  • July: Hero
  • August: CP11?
  • September: Banjo & Kazooie
  • October: Steve & Alex
  • November: Terry
  • December: Sephiroth
...we might actually see our next fighter later this month! Now it sounds pretty strange to announce and release a new fighter ahead of E3, but it's been almost two months since Pyra & Mythra were released. If we're gonna have a new fighter this month, Nintendo will have to make an announcement in the coming 2 weeks or so.

Again, they're clearly just for fun, I'll admit this much, but it's just something that's stuck out to me here.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Remember: References=/=hints; Just ask Isaac. It's cool to think about it, but it's best not to get our hopes up. Heck, I'm not even sure if we can say it's an actual Touhou reference or if it's just something else we're not getting. Grunty/Marisa sounds pretty easy, being a witch, but Pyra and Reimu have... Being red-clad girls? After that it's just guessing. I guess I can see the AoCF poses, but I'm still kinda hesitant.

As for the month theory... Maybe? I could see a smaller pick for May and then one final reveal at E3, but on the other hand, Smash reveals generally favor having Nintendo-run events whenever there are ones. It could happen, but I'm not sure.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Why do people think that pic is a Touhou reference? I don't get it.
Let's see...
  • Red-clad protagonist of immense power (Pyra & Reimu)
  • Witch with a broom and powerful magic spells accompanying said red-clad protagonist (Gruntilda and Marisa)
  • Takes place in a beautiful, fantastical environment (Spiral Mountain and Gensokyo)
  • Both in-focus characters are airborne (Touhou flying)
  • And Banjo being in the background...the closest parallel I can think of is Aunn.
That's all I can really notice.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Let's see...
  • Red-clad protagonist of immense power (Pyra & Reimu)
  • Witch with a broom and powerful magic spells accompanying said red-clad protagonist (Gruntilda and Marisa)
  • Takes place in a beautiful, fantastical environment (Spiral Mountain and Gensokyo)
  • Both in-focus characters are airborne (Touhou flying)
  • And Banjo being in the background...the closest parallel I can think of is Aunn.
That's all I can really notice.
The Mari/Grunty comparison is the only one that really makes sense. Everything else is just too vague to really mean Touhou specifically, aside from maybe Pyra and Reimu, and even then that one's shaky.
Why do people think that pic is a Touhou reference? I don't get it.
I think it's the poses
Though, I didn't really see the similarities at first. Seeing as it's just the sprites and not a specific scene, I'm not sure if it's an intentional reference or if Touhou has just successfully rewritten our brains

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as it's just the sprites and not a specific scene, I'm not sure if it's an intentional reference or if Touhou has just successfully rewritten our brains
I'm pretty sure Touhou had taken half of my brain when I was younger... My left cranial hemisphere is now replaced with TOUHOU!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe it was my prefrontal cortex....

Or my hippocampus...

Oh, who am I kidding, it was ALL THREE!!!!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remember: References=/=hints; Just ask Isaac. It's cool to think about it, but it's best not to get our hopes up. Heck, I'm not even sure if we can say it's an actual Touhou reference or if it's just something else we're not getting. Grunty/Marisa sounds pretty easy, being a witch, but Pyra and Reimu have... Being red-clad girls? After that it's just guessing. I guess I can see the AoCF poses, but I'm still kinda hesitant.

As for the month theory... Maybe? I could see a smaller pick for May and then one final reveal at E3, but on the other hand, Smash reveals generally favor having Nintendo-run events whenever there are ones. It could happen, but I'm not sure.
Just ask Isaac.
y’know, in hindsight, I think that one pic was actually meant to reference Dragon Quest...

Also that one Chrom pic with the one wing of Palutena’s statue behind him was 100% a hint at Sephiroth dont @ me

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
It is a pretty out there image, seeing how Pyra is on Grunty's flight path, which is normally inaccessible in-game. But I suppose that's just more of Sakurai's shenanigans. I think it could be a vague reference at most but just that lol. More likely than not means nothing. Still, pretty funny image.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
But on the other hand, the fact alone that Sakurai managed to reference Touhou of all things for the first time in Smash's entire history (I mean, AFAIK) is something big.
I wouldn't consider that a reference, tbh. It could very well just be a cute picture. Though, this does remind me of something... I've always wondered if the song name appearing just as the battle starts was something that was inspired by Touhou. It's not very often that you see something like that and the only games I can think of of the top of my head that really do this are Touhou and Smash and Touhou's been doing it since at least the 2nd game.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
What?! Already? I could've sworn that the game was going to be released tomorrow. I'm not sure how he's gonna distribute the physical copies, though. If I remember correctly, Comiket has been cancelled again, and Reitaisai is already over. I'm trying to avoid spoilers that are related to the last three stages because I wish to save myself for when streamers like Sr Pelo are going to play it.

Rikarte Rikarte Before you even say it (please note, I have not read the spoiler), someone on twitter has theorized that the boss on the cover, which may or may not be the stage 6 boss, may be one of these:

The name of this diety is Zao-Gongen. There's not a whole lot of information that I can find on him, but generally, he was the guardian of the Kinpusen/Mount Kinpu, and is mainly associated with Bhuddism. The silhouette on the cover art looks very similar to the Mountain Deity. I just want to share what I know, so please don't tell me if I am correct about which boss this could be.

This is gonna be hard...Pray for me!

Edit: Oh, Rikarte Rikarte , I thought you being serious...
Uhh...how about this, let's just forget everything I've ever said, EVER?

Last edited:

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
DAMN YOU! Must...not...click...! Must...wait...until...Sr Pelo...Strems it...! AHHH! IT'S TO TEMPTING!!!!

This is gonna kill me.

EDIT: I had accidentally looked at two of the newest characters from this game, so I just decided to call the whole thing off and watch a playthrough of the entire game. sigh goddamn it.

My thoughts? SO much better than I expected! For starters, I really like the bullet patterns in this game. That may be because I watched people play this game in lunatic mode, but I like the patterns in this game a bit more than in the previous game, and that says something because I love so many of the things about the last game.

Characters? Some of the characters, I feel, will need to take time to grow on me, which has always been the case for someone like me. It's like, I've already remembered all of the characters from the previous installment, and now I gotta remember all these new characters? Luckily, I have gotten better at this for the past 2-3 years. However, There are some characters who have grown on me faster than others. Those being Mike, Megumu, and Momoyo (and maybe Tsukasa, because the three sorta remind me of a gang, like the Gouyoku Alliance in the last game).
Chimata's design is goofy as hell, but not in a usual way. I just can't describe it...
But hey, I unironically like ZUN's art from all of the games, so I'm clearly not one to talk.

Music? I will have to admit, I don't like the music as much as the music in the last game. But then again...That soundtrack is actually in my top 5 favorite Touhou OSTs of all time...which doesn't mean much because literally every soundtrack from this series is in my top 5! ...except for this game. Yeah, most of the songs didn't strike like the songs in all of the previous games, with the exception of a few, of course. If the previous OSTs are in my top 5, this would be in my top 10. It is a bit subdued in comparison, yes, but I can't agree with the people who called the music in this game bad. I've already made my feelings for Sannyo's theme very clear in my first "review" in the game, so can I just take a moment to say: THE STAGE 5 THEME OF THIS GAME HAS DETHRONED THAT SONG AS MY FAVORITE FROM THIS GAME. HOLY ****, did that song really make me feel emotions that I'm not allowed to describe here (m-metiphorically, of course)! Though I gotta say, as hilarious as her design is, I feel really bad for Chitama. I feel like she is going to be a second Okina. Both have themes that are considered underwhelming (I really don't think the song was bad at all, but I can definitely see why it would be called underwhelming), and will probably be brushed aside because people just don't know how interesting they really are. Though, I really don't know how interesting Chitama is. I'm gonna have to wait until more information comes out about her to see if she is.

I would write about how I feel about the story, but that usually ties in to how I feel about the characters, because they tend to bring a whole new layer to the story with the lore. But all I know is, things are looking quite bleak for this game...

And what a shame, I was hoping this game would mark a new generation of Touhou games because, up until now, each windows generation had 4 mainline games, but no. This generation has 5 mainline games now.

(BTW, I finished writing this after I saw the playthroughs of the game.)

Last edited:

gavtel

Smash Cadet
We have quite a lot of characters this time around and from what I've read of it, a few interesting ones as well when considering the lore of Touhou: The stage 4 boss, Misumaru Tamatsukuri is the goddess who made Reimu's yin yang orb, while Stage 5's boss, Megumu Iizunamaru is Chief of the Crow Tengu / creator of the ability cards (from the dragon stones mined down in the Rainbow Dragon Cave, which are the same materials used to make magatama (which in Touhou can be used to copy / store a person's soul, including their memories and abilities)).

Last edited:

Xendam

Smash Rookie

Who is Reimu Hakurei, what is Touhou Project and why should she be in Super Smash Bros. ?

To keep it short: Reimu Hakurei is the main character of the Touhou Project by Team Shanghai Alice (ZUN). Its series of Danmaku (Bullet Hell Shoot em Up) Games and Fighting Game Spin-Offs. The series currently spans 16 main games and 10 spin-off titles as well as several official music CDs, official light novels and manga as well as a magazine.
On top of that, the series is known for getting the freedom of having a huge amount of fan doujin works in the form of manga, fangames, fan music and others, to the point that the japanese Comic Market (Comiket) convention had to get its own "Touhou day".

The Touhou Project series takes place in Gensokyo, a land of Illusion/Fantasy that is sealed off the real world and hidden within the Great Hakurei Barrier. The only known gateway between Gensokyo and this world is the Hakurei Shrine, which stands in isolation along the border on distant mountains of the far east.

Reimu is the shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine and one of the main "incident resolvers" in Gensokyo. She and others characterize the time she spends at the shrine as largely boring and uneventful. While she is sometimes serious about her duties, she can't seem to get many worshippers at her shrine. It appears that youkai extermination is her only method of earning even a thin salary.

Why I think she should be in Super Smash Bros. might be comparable to why people want Indie representation in Smash.
(You can kind of compare western Indie and eastern Doujin as prettty simillar with maybe a few legal differences.)
You could say, that Touhou is one of the biggest Doujin series in Japan and Reimu could represent japanese gaming, the doujin scene as well as Danmaku/Shoot em Up (that has nothing to do with Sci-Fi Space Shooters themes.)

Up until recently, Touhou fangames have appeared not only for PS4, but also on the Nintendo Switch and some are even getting localizations for western releases. (With more confirmed to come)

What about the moveset? The moveset could easily be based on her fighting game appearances.
Utilizing her Gohei, Amulets, Yin-Yang Orbs and Danmaku Bullets.

Well, I guess that wraps things up for my OP of this thread for now.
This is my first Newcomer Speculation/Support Thread, I hope it turned out okay.

Let me know what you think. Yes I know, the chances are slim and I too have mixed feelings about the inclusion.
Also while still being huge as a doujin series, it is still considerably niche worldwide.

I'd be happy about friendly feedback to make this thread better and also hear your suggestions and ideas.

"Take it easy"

Useful Information:

Reimu Hakurei page on Touhouwiki
Touhou Project page on Touhouwiki
The Case for Reimu Hakurei by TrinitroMan on SourceGaming (article from 2016)
Reimu Hakurei - Rate That Character by Source Gaming

Moveset by Sharklord (Old Version)
Moveset by cashregister9

Bold = Confirmed English release / English trailer
Underlined = Released on the Nintendo Switch as of now

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle
Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded
Touhou Genso Wanderer Lotus Labyrinth
Touhou Azure Reflections
Gensokyo Defenders

Genso Skydrift
Touhou Sky Arena

Marisa and Alice’s Trap Tower
Touhou Genso Kikou: Lost Alchemy
Yoiyami Dreamer
Yoiyami Dancer
The Genius of Sappheiros
The Devil of Decline
Touhou Luna Nights
3rd Eye
Touhou Spell Bubble

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! (has Touhou Songs)
Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party (has Touhou Songs)
Dandy Dungeon (Touhou Collaboration)

1. Lasatar
2. d4rkauras
3. 9Cirno9
4. grandpophop
5. RusselRaZe
6. Pirate_Arrows
7. Nazdrovie
8. Yamato-san
9. Vyder
10. PurpleXCompleX
11. ChrysanthosVice
12. SquashiniKun
13. Mythra
14. SEGAGameBoy
15. NobleClamtasm
16. Arcadenblog
17. Idon
18. TCT~Phantom
19. 8-peacock-8
20. P.Kat
21. Lord-Zero
22. kendikong
23. S.F.L.R_9
24. nintenplayer
25. TheKnight
26. Plazzap
27. Slycrow
28. zferolie
29. Mrs.Milky
30. Flyboy
31. Inoj
32. RetrogamerMax
33. Malkior7
34. Nietona
35. TheRockingGoomba
36. Iko MattOrr
37. War Anvil
38. sam☆jam
39. Dyllybirdy
40. RileyXY1
41. OptimisticStrifer
42. guitargamer57
43. Isaac: Venus Adept
44. Yangfly Leone
45. N-V
46. Wurmple for smash
47. PK-remling Fire
48: Wapelo
49. muffin_mans_bro
50. thestrikingzebr
51. FL81
52. Darth Weegee
53. Cristaran
54: PsySmasher
55: Math Jreeds 1284 (cookx84)
56. Makio
57. Tahu-Mata
58. NineS
59. SorrowOfAcheron
60. cannonball_java
61. OshawottGuy4
62. perfectchaos83
63. CarmineFlame
64. DragonBlaze
65. Idktehnub
66. ChaosGoreMagala
67. KamariaK
68. Bandana Dee3
69. BernkastelWitch
70. Neosonic97
71. pikachujedi
72. LinkofEvil
73. Tabbender
74. shinyspheal
75. Jedimess
76. Redblur
77. DaxMasterix
78. kuuroba
79. Rikarte
80. Yellowlord
81. Blayshy-Nega
82. Chen Yakumo
83. CallMeKnux
84. calvinhobbes1010
85. Team Orchid
86. Insomneko
87. SneakyLink
88. SpadeOfTheRedScarves
89. Laoc
90. Dannio
91. OnyanRings
92. MasterRosie
93. Exiliify
94. remilia
95. kaithehedgefox
96. Dutonix
97. Sc_Ev0lution
98. Lesley Black Velvet
99. Blankiturayman
100. BlueEyedGrimmbat
101. Strider_Bond00J
102. GunBlaze
103. Guritsu
104. Graizen
105. BernkastelWitch
106. Thatchner
107. EarlTamm
108. CureParfait
109. Quarium
110. Shinuto
111. H3ra
112. Lynion
113. JDCabrera
114. KarneraMythos
115. TheCJBrine
116. D019
117. cosmicB
118. Lyncario
119. Soulor
120. Dextructor28
121. ElenoreBR
122. Xhampi
123. InkyNeko
124. nessdeltarune00
125. ZevBenjamin
126. Nerkama
127. Brazillian Cara
128. Sigran101
129. SharkLord
130. Dr. Yatagarasu
131. Krankees
132. Teeb147
133. SuperSceptile15
134. Commander_Alph
135. Madrigal
136. Merengue
137. Arctiq
138. HypnoMaster372
Nice 東方

Rikarte

Smash Ace
This thread has been surprisingly quiet considering that the game just dropped. Got any opinions on the new characters/songs? Personally I think the soundtrack is REALLY strong. Liking all the new themes except for Stage 6 + boss so far and even those are most likely gonna grow on me. If I had to pick a favorite I'd probably say Stage 5 boss but both Extra themes are also really good, it's very hard to decide.
Game itself is also fun. Might shape up to be one of the best games to play casually because the cards add so much variety. Also ZUN buffed Reimu and Sakuya!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
This thread has been surprisingly quiet considering that the game just dropped. Got any opinions on the new characters/songs? Personally I think the soundtrack is REALLY strong. Liking all the new themes except for Stage 6 + boss so far and even those are most likely gonna grow on me. If I had to pick a favorite I'd probably say Stage 5 boss but both Extra themes are also really good, it's very hard to decide.
Game itself is also fun. Might shape up to be one of the best games to play casually because the cards add so much variety. Also ZUN buffed Reimu and Sakuya!
More than anything I'm still trying to wrap my head around ZUN straight-up adding a choir to his tracks. The standouts there are the stage 4 theme and the final boss theme.

Favorite design would be the extra boss.
1620143680495.png
There's also the interesting little tidbit of her explicitly having a monstrous true form rather than just an implication, like most Touhou youkai.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
This may sound weird but the Extra stage Boss for 18 is almost exactly like how one of my Touhou OCs I've written for a site I had for a few years is exactly like, right down to being an Omukade. I don't know how to feel about this."

At first I wasn't a fan of the new tracks in the game but they're growing on me heavily. It's probably new game syndrome. But the game itself is very fine and IMO one of the more unique entries in Touhou as of late.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The Stage 6 boss theme was something that specifically stuck with me. The choir adds to that sort of heavenly feel for a goddess and plays up the feeling of power you'll no doubt feel when facing Chimata.

As for the designs, I agree with SharkLord, the extra boss design is my favorite, too. I thought Sannyo would be the best out of all of them, but no, ZUN had to go and make Momoyo and her Russian-Minecraft-lookin' ass. She looks pretty good, and honestly I'd love to play as her in a Touhou fighting game someday. Come to think of it, don't you think Momoyo might be involved with Gouyoku Ibun in some capacity? Her background as an underground miner sort of plays into the "black water rising from the underground" plotline.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The Stage 6 boss theme was something that specifically stuck with me. The choir adds to that sort of heavenly feel for a goddess and plays up the feeling of power you'll no doubt feel when facing Chimata.

As for the designs, I agree with SharkLord, the extra boss design is my favorite, too. I thought Sannyo would be the best out of all of them, but no, ZUN had to go and make Momoyo and her Russian-Minecraft-lookin' ass. She looks pretty good, and honestly I'd love to play as her in a Touhou fighting game someday. Come to think of it, don't you think Momoyo might be involved with Gouyoku Ibun in some capacity? Her background as an underground miner sort of plays into the "black water rising from the underground" plotline.
I could imagine ZUN setting up some plot threads that would lead into UM, like with how ULiL set up the Lunar Invasion in Touhou 15. It might seem a bit different, though, seeing as it might as well be 18.5 at this point.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I haven't been able to buy Touhou 18 yet due to irl stuff (though it should get taken care of tomorow), but I just couldn't wait, and I watched BeatMario play Touhou 18. And while I haven't listened to the tracks too much for now (I'll correct that while playing), I do have things to say for the designs.

First of all, for the demo characters, Mike and Sannyio both have an amazing design and themes too. Like really, ZUN outdid himself for them, they're both top tiers designs and themes for stage 1 and 3. Takane is also great, especialy since she's a new kappa, though her theme isn't nearly as good as Mike's or Sannyo.

Now, for the spoilers.

Misumaru's design is a point of contest, but I personaly like it a lot, i just like how otherwordly it is. It is a bit weird tho, but I like it. I will say, the fact that she made Reimu's yin yang orb is pretty mindblowing, since that's really big. Also making magatama is cool. The stage she's found in being named "Izanagi's Factory" is somehting that could imply that Izanagi is linked to the Hakurei God, which is also pretty big, considering that Izanagi created Japan in his myth.

Next, Blue Aya, or Megumu. I love her deisgn, it's awesome. Like really, it feels like she's greater than Aya hierachirchaly, while still being kinda like her. And she quite literaly made the accident to gain profit, she's so awesome. She has one of my favorite design, though not quite on the same tier as Yacchie for me, who I really loved from the begining, though I still apreciate her a lot.

Following that, Tsukasa. I also like her design a lot, it's simple but really effective. Not too much to say here, but she seems like a fun character.

Now, the final boss, Chimata. Boy, now that's an overdesigned character design done right, she's what most people would think when thinking of a Kingdom Hearts character based on the rainbow, and I love it. Also her cape is the sky, and that's super cool. Also, her power is like Shion and Jo'on's power combined but that cannot be used for her own profit and far stronger from what I get, and that's kinda awesome. She also calls the heroines robbers aparently, which is very funny but also very accurate to how Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, and Sanae can be.

And finaly, Momoyo, who's design is beyond genius. I love it. I love every part of it. It's even better than blue Aya. ZUN definitively outdid himself in a way no one ever expected him to do so with her. She's also a dragon slayer and can aprently eat dragons, so that's cool. I really like her a lot, and the fact that the game goes "yeah, that's a giant centipede that eats dragons", which only makes her design that looks like she's from a minecraft anime adaptation only makes her greater.

In short, I love those designs, even the controversial ones, and the new characters all seem like they're awesome addition to the lore.

Last edited:

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
I've just made a "review" of the game, and I realized that a huge chunk of the character segment was centered around Chitama. I don't think I'm done with her yet. As Lyncario Lyncario stated, I think her design may just be ZUN's most controversial design to date. I didn't realize that her design will have so many people so split down the middle. Some call it genius, while some others will call it utter trash. I dread to think how people will think about the rest of her character, because it could be really interesting, and people won't care. I really do think that she will have a worse fate than Okina because even if people find out the true extent of her character, she may not leave as big an impact.

I kinda like to think of myself as the "Touhou foster mother" in a way that I tend to care a whole lot about characters in the series that most other people won't. In the case of Okina, as soon as I found out about who she really is and what she stands for, as well as finding out about what she is based on, it cemented her as being one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise! It really is a shame that people still refuse to give her the time of day to see why she is so important to Gensokyo.

You know what we really need? A continuation (preferrably in the form of a fighting game, I would say print works, but not enough people read them) of their stories that really shows why these characters are actually really cool! We need to see why these characters are truly worthy of having these stories revolve around them and that they truly have a place in the world of Touhou, and i really think this will help Chimata rise from the ashes!

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Haven't been able to play through it yet myself, I'm gonna take a swing at it this weekend.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Y'know, I've noticed the Reimu for Smash account has gotten seriously inactive lately. Only a couple posts a week, and it hasn't even acknowledged UM's release. I used to check in there regularly for my daily Touhou fix, but now it's just dried up. It's a little depressing, honestly.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Y'know, I've noticed the Reimu for Smash account has gotten seriously inactive lately. Only a couple posts a week, and it hasn't even acknowledged UM's release. I used to check in there regularly for my daily Touhou fix, but now it's just dried up. It's a little depressing, honestly.
...maybe they’re just busy?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
...maybe they’re just busy?
Maybe, but they don't seem to have explained their situation so we can't say for sure. I remember once they said they were preoccupied with Lost Word(?), but that was months ago. There wasn't any notices or anything, just a slow decrease in activity.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
You know what? Forget Reimu! Hat kid will be the TRUE indie rep!

(I'msorryMotherReimuIdidn'tmeananyofwhatIjustsaidIwastellingajokepleasedon'tobliteratemewithyourgohei)

Last edited:

Quidd Dude

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i noticed that too, i understand that there aren't any smash news at the moment but still surprised that the page has barely mentioned UM.

Top Bottom