• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
so the leak got deconfirmed I heard, very unfortunate for ya'll, still though, I'll support this character.
No it hasn’t been deconfirmed and the leak is still strong. The 17.5 sketch has nothing to do with the actual leak for smash at all

Superiorstar

Smash Cadet
No it hasn’t been deconfirmed and the leak is still strong. The 17.5 sketch has nothing to do with the actual leak for smash at all
I'm referring to the massive nosedive in credibility the "leaker" took after it was discovered that he never leaked anything that wasn't already public information before in the past. he basically lied about leaking something about AOCF whatever that is. this whole falseflag was basically proven to be... false.
unfortunate for ya'll.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ain't that always the way?

We get a leak we believe, then something comes up that supposedly debunks it and everyone just moves on like they've been talkin' about a piece of garbage they found on the street. Then, something ELSE comes up that brings the leak back into the spotlight, and the cycle repeats.

Some people are too quick to just throw a leak in the trash. I ain't givin' up on Reimu just yet.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Believing text leaks is never a good idea in the first place, unless they come from someone like Vergeben who has a fairly consistent track record. When you have thousands of people online discussing something, people are bound to make semi-obvious guesses (such as this Switch port) which later come true, and then try and parlay it into some kind of respectability. Leaks are always fun, of course, but definitely keep them at arm's length lest you get burnt.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
I'm referring to the massive nosedive in credibility the "leaker" took after it was discovered that he never leaked anything that wasn't already public information before in the past. he basically lied about leaking something about AOCF whatever that is. this whole falseflag was basically proven to be... false.
unfortunate for ya'll.
The leaker didn’t lie at all. You’re being misinformed by the detractors. His credibility wasn’t damaged nothing was deconfirmed

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
He is talking about Cannonball. He's just saying, "looking at all the names of doujin music circles involved, it's like Smash Bros." and expressing his happiness.
I wish Cannonball was getting localized. I've got it downloaded, but not being able to read any of the dialogue is a real bummer.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I'm not believing into the doujin leak and I still think Reimu has a good shot at getting in. Even if it gets debunked eventually, some fake leak being deconfirmed isn't the end of the world lol

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
I wish Cannonball was getting localized. I've got it downloaded, but not being able to read any of the dialogue is a real bummer.
Yeah, it may get a translation later on. However I have been having issues with it lately

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
Honestly these rumors aren’t even a factor for her inclusion imo. Literally anyone w internet access can log on 5chan and post whatever they want.

Should Reimu be added, it will be because someone at Nintendo thinks her legacy is worth including. And given the amount of preparation that’s needed to make DLC like this I’d say 99% of the remaining content are set in stone and out of our control at this point

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Honestly these rumors aren’t even a factor for her inclusion imo. Literally anyone w internet access can log on 5chan and post whatever they want.

Should Reimu be added, it will be because someone at Nintendo thinks her legacy is worth including. And given the amount of preparation that’s needed to make DLC like this I’d say 99% of the remaining content are set in stone and out of our control at this point
Well, guess it depends on how long Nintendo wants to support the game

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice

The rumors themselves perfectly time with everything else that has happened within the past year. Nothing has been released to deconfirm her inclusion.

I also put the idea of the FP1 primarily focusing on characters and series with massive legacy in the timeline summary I made a few pages ago I can post the link if people want.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I was thinking of a trailer I’d like to see for Reimu, and having her team up with Doomguy seemed like a fun idea. The two come and save Samus from Ridley. FPS and Shoot Em Ups Vs. a giant monster who could fit into both universes just on design. (There’s a lot of horrific things in supplementary material for Touhou)

Of course I doubt this would happen. But I really like the connected trailers. They’re fun.

Edit: Another idea I had was continuing off the Hero trailer and revealing that it took place in Gensokyo or something. Reimu helps out Link and Hero against the horde of spirit fighters.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
My pet trailer is Zelda, Palutena and Peach drinking tea around a table, and then the camera panning up to reveal Reimu bringing more tea & that they're drinking in the Hakurei Shrine. I think something low-key like that could be really funny.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Haven't posted on this site in ages but just here to share support for my girl! I am not super mega hopeful but if it happens I'm gonna scream

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm going to begrudgingly side with Exiliify Exiliify 's optimism here. The image he posted was never a reason I kept thinking back to his statements, it was always the coincidence between the Novemebr 2018 leak and what the AoCF guy said in August. I'm going to say it again, At this moment I don't think anything is "real". I pay attention to things based on interesting tidbits and I don't think there's any narrative where the AoCF guy from 5ch piggybacking on a nothing leak from 4chan makes any sense.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that just because said picture exists, doesn't mean AoCF guy knew about it. It was stated in this thread, the tweet itself had near zero visibility. At this point it's retrospect, but Verge was considered to be piggy backing with Simon (Stealth) and Ridley (Resetera admin hints). At this point, I'm positive that Verge had legitimate info and didn't grab those 'leaks' from Stealth or the RE admins. That's my 2 cents on that matter.

Good news is that Reimu in Smash still isn't dead (unlike what seems to have happened for Ryu and Crash). So the dream is still alive. This is something I was saving just for the **** of it, but I feel I'll post it here. It's (what I believe) a fake leak from Gamefaqs from October 7th. Unfortunately, the thread itself was deleted (for trolling I imagine) but searching the URL (https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78070249) can still get you some cached versions of a few of the pages and at least get some of the context.

ABC Swoops

Smash Rookie
Either way, real or not, I think the leak was overall a good thing. It got people to start legitimately considering Reimu as a serious contender, and from what I've seen, people seem open to it.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
Either way, real or not, I think the leak was overall a good thing. It got people to start legitimately considering Reimu as a serious contender, and from what I've seen, people seem open to it.
Sadly we have people constantly saying Reimu is dead now outside of the Reimu support discord

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
I mean, the leak is presumably dead, but that doesn't change anything imo. I've said this before, but I never trust leaks 100% anyway, and I don't see them so much as an "evidence" for anything. The music leak was nothing more than just an add-on of sorts for an already very possible DLC.

I've always thought Reimu was likely since long before the leak, so why would that change now all of a sudden because someone completely unrelated was caught lying?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Sadly we have people constantly saying Reimu is dead now outside of the Reimu support discord
Let them feel that way. It would just make a potential FP5 reveal all the sweeter. People are far too determined to write Reimu off because they don't like her. It shows, just like they did with Hero. The way I see it is that it's like trying to say Shifty piggybacked off of NOATesty or the 4chan Piranha plant leaks. Both had zero traction before getting confirmed.

Heck you call it a fake leak but I'll believe it too lol. (The Oct 7th GameFAQs leak).

Choo choo!!!
please don't lol. I only snapped it because they said they were gonna give the pic they had to Sabi and based on Sabi's recent reactions, the dude never did. Really, It's just something I snapped for fun.

I mean, the leak is presumably dead, but that doesn't change anything imo. I've said this before, but I never trust leaks 100% anyway, and I don't see them so much as an "evidence" for anything. The music leak was nothing more than just an add-on of sorts for an already very possible DLC.

I've always thought Reimu was likely since long before the leak, so why would that change now all of a sudden because someone completely unrelated was caught lying?
We don't even know if he was lying in the first place. In order for him to lie, we'd have to know he had knowledge of the twitter post to begin with, which had zero likes or retweets. Regardless, I don't think it matters much, as it was never a leak to begin with.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I think people are really sleeping on Reimu.
While I don't think she is in the FP, I believe she was at least on the table when Nintendo decided the DLC lineup.
Touhou fangames were doing pretty good at that time. Kobuto V placed in 2nd right after Mario Odyssey on the e-shop rankings. TODR got an award alongside Undertale and came to switch with special trestments. These happened at the end of 2017, so right before Nintendo tells Sakurai about the DLC plans.
And now Touhou official AoCF coming to switch, and other titles too like Luna Nights. Seems like Nintendo is really trying to gather Touhou fans on switch.
Also Reimu can appeal to Asian countries other than Japan. Yeah, SNK is better pick, but I can see Sakurai going for her simply because of gameplay mechanics she could bring in smash.
My thought on Reimu hasn't changed since this post yet.
I got SNK part wrong but Undertale representation actually happened.
I still don't think she is in FP5 and may be in post FP but I believe she was a serious contender for either a playable or a Mii costume.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Reimu was talked about again in the new PapaGenos video, specifically about the whole thing with the leakers legitimacy.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
My thought on Reimu hasn't changed since this post yet.
I got SNK part wrong but Undertale representation actually happened.
I still don't think she is in FP5 and may be in post FP but I believe she was a serious contender for either a playable or a Mii costume.
I remember reading that when you first posted it. lol.

if the AoCF guy ever says anything about the pic can you relay it here? You've been an invaluable part of the speculation cycle (for me anyway) as a window into the Japanese side of things and I do greatly appreciate it.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I remember reading that when you first posted it. lol.

if the AoCF guy ever says anything about the pic can you relay it here? You've been an invaluable part of the speculation cycle (for me anyway) as a window into the Japanese side of things and I do greatly appreciate it.
Of course I will!
We need an explanation from him but I don't know if he'll show up again soon since things fired up little too far. I'm a bit feeling guilty for that.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Of course I will!
We need an explanation from him but I don't know if he'll show up again soon since things fired up little too far. I'm a bit feeling guilty for that.
I'd say don't feel guilty. The truth is always better, especially in terms of speculation.

I take it the JP side of things wants answers as well as most of us. lol.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
Of course I will!
To be fair, i would also feel guilty too because making the timeline summary of hints if she does get in as a rep but not as a fighter. Especially if Touhou at all doesn't get a fighter rep. Still would be very disappointed if that happened.

We appreciate the effort you have made on this board. Without you here to help relay information we may have not ever known about this so don't feel guilty for that at all. Keep up the good work :)

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Still think it’s silly to write off a character completely because a “text leak” was fake.

*insert rant about the character speculation scene here*

I still think she’s the only indie character with any form of chance of being playable. Because I’m positive any western indie isn’t going to be playable at all at this point.

Thatchner

Smash Cadet
Of course I will!
Thanks for this! You've been putting in a lot of effort and supporting this thread. You've just been passing on some information, so please don't feel too bad about it. I'm pretty sure because of you, there's been a lot more activity and discussion here.

zferolie

Smash Hero
its great to see people making fake gamefaqs leaks about reimu now. shows she is popular.

And man the big 3 being talked about may not be happening, though with reimu her chances aren't fully gone yet. its just 1 part of her leak is not true. The song leaker as others have said wasn't the same guy doing 17.5 leaks. So she still has a shot. But both Ryu and Crash maybe disconfirmed for FP5 is nuts

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
its great to see people making fake gamefaqs leaks about reimu now. shows she is popular.

And man the big 3 being talked about may not be happening, though with reimu her chances aren't fully gone yet. its just 1 part of her leak is not true. The song leaker as others have said wasn't the same guy doing 17.5 leaks. So she still has a shot. But both Ryu and Crash maybe disconfirmed for FP5 is nuts
That is the secret benefit of being in the spotlight for a leak for even a day, be it true or not. Not only does it cause her name to be spread around more, but it will also attract more Touhou fans in general to the speculation scene, improving her support a bit.

I am a bit confused who is who in this whole Touhou leak scene, but then again, I don't really know what this whole 17.5 leak is and how it relates to what has happened.

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the leak should be fully discredited like Papa Genos suggested in his video. As said above, the song leaker doesn't seem like the same one who posted the screenshot of 17.5, that and the potential namedropping of one of the circles makes me think the leak might have a chance at not being totally fake. It doesn't sound impossible to me that the song list might've been leaked because of how doujin circles don't necessarily have to follow the same rules of NDA as big companies do because of how lax ZUN is when it comes to the series' music and copyright; considering the doujin community is rather closely-knit as well it makes sense that somehow this might've gotten out from them.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Of course I will!
No need to feel guilty! You're just passing along information; it's on us to remember to keep it all in context.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
This has been the best publicity we've gotten for Reimu in just 2 days, so I say that despite the recent events, we've garnered support for a character who is still a solid contender for DLC. That being said, I'd rather remain in the shadows until we get substantial information and evidence. A big thank you to all who keep an eye out for news.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
This has been the best publicity we've gotten for Reimu in just 2 days, so I say that despite the recent events, we've garnered support for a character who is still a solid contender for DLC. That being said, I'd rather remain in the shadows until we get substantial information and evidence. A big thank you to all who keep an eye out for news.
Definitely. It's been pretty fun to watch the Reimu for Smash twitter account blow up. Touhou fans are coming out of the woodwork in a big way, which hopefully helps other people realize just how popular the series actually is.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't think the leak should be fully discredited like Papa Genos suggested in his video. As said above, the song leaker doesn't seem like the same one who posted the screenshot of 17.5, that and the potential namedropping of one of the circles makes me think the leak might have a chance at not being totally fake. It doesn't sound impossible to me that the song list might've been leaked because of how doujin circles don't necessarily have to follow the same rules of NDA as big companies do because of how lax ZUN is when it comes to the series' music and copyright; considering the doujin community is rather closely-knit as well it makes sense that somehow this might've gotten out from them.
Exactly. Its not dead, and sabis source didnt say Reimu was not the fp5 character either, just Ryu and Crash. It can still happen, or not. Its just interestimg to see all this talk of her.

I myself want the last to be a nice big surprise, yet i keep watching for leaks haha. At least if reimu does appear as fp5 it will still be a surprise as this is just rumors and nothing like the Terry situation.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Exactly. Its not dead, and sabis source didnt say Reimu was not the fp5 character either, just Ryu and Crash. It can still happen, or not. Its just interestimg to see all this talk of her.
I will say, it seems like Reimu has never been discussed or noted in the leaking circles in general, at least from what I have gathered from a known person within said circles.

Top Bottom