• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Sysreq

Smash Ace
That depends on what exactly the list is. Is it stuff they made specifically for Smash? Is it stuff they are theorizing what to make? The list is already massive as it is. Right now, I'm just trying to make sense of it all
Yeah it definitely seems a little big of a list for a DLC character. Sakurai said in the B&K demo how he thought getting 10 tracks was a great deal so yeah lol

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Yeah it definitely seems a little big of a list for a DLC character. Sakurai said in the B&K demo how he thought getting 10 tracks was a great deal so yeah lol
The only reason I can imagine Touhou getting such a big list is because I imagine the licensing is dirt ****ing cheap. Nintendo can probably get many more songs for the same price as they would 10 or 15 songs from another company. It also helps that Nintendo has had a Touhou music license in 2015.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
if real, my thoughts on the music are:
  • it's probably very easy to license via ZUN (i don't doubt toby fox, for instance, would've let sakurai include the entire undertale soundtrack with sans if he'd asked)
  • touhou's music is a huge part of the series, and songs usually rack up hundreds of thousands if not millions of hits online
  • if they could pull 34 tracks out of konami of all companies, doing the same but with less tracks for touhou should be fairly easy
  • it wouldn't surprise me if there's even more being arranged by ZUN, the smash team, etc.

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
Don't Nintendo/Bandai Namco already have a license from ZUN for Touhou music? And plus, ZUN's stance on copyright for his tracks is incredibly relaxed, I doubt it'd cost Nintendo much at all to put a huge amount of Touhou music in the game, unlike if they were to try and do the same with any other major company. I just adore the idea of them incorporating remixes from Doujin circles, it'd be the best way to truly incorporate the doujin spirit that also helps make Touhou such a special series.

Also man it's an interesting feeling looking all the way back at the start of this thread and catching up here, seeing how Reimu's chances went from her being a pipe dream to her being an actual legitimate contender now with far more support than ever.

EDIT: Oh also, count me in as a supporter 100%. Touhou is the series that has had the biggest impact on my life, I got into it when I was 9 and it's inspired not only my creative endeavors but also helped lead me to finding work in Japan. Getting to meet ZUN at Comiket this year was one of the best moments of my life. It would make me incredibly happy to see Reimu get into smash, mostly because I want ZUN to receive more recognition from reaching new audiences and so I have an easier way of getting more of my friends into the wonderful series he's created.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Double down with this leak. It looks convicing. You don't normally say that several other companies are giving her remixes.

Either that or they think in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

zferolie

Smash Hero
so from what I can tell right now, the state of speculation is thus:

Leaker that knew Plant is saying Ryu is next

A different leaker that knew plant is saying crash is next

Another leaker connected to Sabi is saying Neither is next

5Chan is saying Reimu is next.

Basically we are absouletly no where.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm still pretty skeptical on this "leak" since it's not at all a huge prediction to say AoCF is coming to Switch after it's already been announced for PS4. The (possible) leaked 17.5 documents are a lot more interesting, though.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Decided to come in here to wish all the supporters luck in her getting in after hearing recent rumors in her supposedly being in.

SirHenri

Smash Rookie
so from what I can tell right now, the state of speculation is thus:

Leaker that knew Plant is saying Ryu is next

A different leaker that knew plant is saying crash is next

Another leaker connected to Sabi is saying Neither is next

5Chan is saying Reimu is next.

Basically we are absouletly no where.

can someone illustrate this with a little photoshop on this, i am too ******** to correctly use photoshop

zferolie

Smash Hero
i would be super happy if she got in. Her and Shantae are my most wanted atm.

Now, there isn't much more we can talk about based on these rumors, so I got a question for you guys. If reimu gets in and she gets a stage, what characters will cameo in the stage? Also, I have a feeling since this is Gensokyo, all the characters would love to jump in on the action, as they all love a good fight. If thats the case, what would some of those characters do.

Marisa: She would fly around the stage, stealing any items that drop or grabing any projectiles. Maybe before she leaves she fires a Master spark,

Suika: Just hangs out drinking, but sometimes grows giant and acts like Snorlax.

Cirno: Laughs a lot, and fires her perfect freeze, most likely missing people.

Tenshi: Jumps into the fight like That guy from the earthbound stage, and fights with her sword and rocks.

Yukari: Opens orp portals around to teleport people around the stage.

Mima: Hidden in the backround somewhere. Or not.

Aunn: Is Guarding the shrine, and attacks anyone that gets too close to the donation box

Those are just some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Example of the timeline of things that support Reimu's inclusion as a fighter for FP5

November 2018: Sakurai confirms DLC FP1 has been decided. Rumors about doujin circles in Japan composing Touhou music started to appear within the same month.
March 2019: ZUN's interview doesn't break NDA, states he wants Touhou in for smash
April 2019: PS4 port for AoCF announced, leaker also leaks AoCF before it was officially been announced for the switch, Port for switch is announced a week later in May. Same leaker also hinted at potential rumors about Reimu/Smash and doujin circles being involved with music. Same rumors as before in Nov 2018
E3 2019: Erdrick aka DQ Hero and Banjo revealed for smash. DQ is the biggest RPG in japan whose legacy rivals that of final fantasy. Due to Persona having a legacy and SMT as well, indicates the FP1 may focus on characters whose is known in Japan for their massive legacy and popularity. Banjo may favor western fans however, his legacy is associated with Nintendo on the N64 and decent popularity in Japan as well.
September 2019: Investigation into Nicalis reveals mismanagement over its company practices including racism comments among other things. Nicalis is one of big names behind Cave Story. This alone deconfirms Quote as Cave Story rep and indie rep for future DLC mainly post FP. Cave Story is the other indie with some legacy and influence within the genre
Latest Direct: Sans confirmed costume, this confirms that no other big name indie characters other than Reimu can be a fighter in FP1. Terry revealed during the same direct suggests the FP1 entirely focuses on characters from series with massive legacy within their respective genres. DQ Hero and Persona also hints at this. Since Sans is a costume, Undertale was confirmed by Toby Fox the creator of the game to be heavily inspired by games like Touhou.
Earlier this month: The interview with ZUN back in march is made public. Also the leaker that leaked AoCF in april also just leaked that the song list and also confirmed that the doujin circle rumor was still happening. Song list is included as well from one doujin circle. This possibly hints that ZUN may actually be composing music for smash and the fact that Touhou is infamous for its music also suggests we could be getting a lot of remixes mainly of doujin circles. Also the leaker specifically states that it was for smash.

Although the leak could be fake, hopefully this summary of timeline for a few hints that point towards Reimu being DLC will help people understand why me and a few other supporters believe she is the fifth fighter. If she isn't we still think she will be a fighter soon post FP.
Missed an important point regarding music (not necessarily related to Reimu, but still important regarding musical selection):
Jan 2019: Grant Kirkhope asked to do arrangement of Banjo-Kazooie song, indicating original composers may be on board.
In a way, this does line up a bit with the Nov 2018 donjon circle on music albeit with the added hurdle of international communication.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Really hope the rumors are true. Either Crash or Reimu would make me very happy, but Reimu a bit more.

Anyway, with the fact Mii costumes can come with tracks, there is always the possibility a Marisa track would come with a possible Marisa Mii costume, so their absence isn't that suspicious to me.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Lol I can’t believe a few days after i asked about which Touhou game i should play, Reimu might’ve actually been leaked for this game

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
Missed an important point regarding music (not necessarily related to Reimu, but still important regarding musical selection):
Jan 2019: Grant Kirkhope asked to do arrangement of Banjo-Kazooie song, indicating original composers may be on board.
In a way, this does line up a bit with the Nov 2018 donjon circle on music albeit with the added hurdle of international communication.
I actually forgot about that. Yes it does add to the doujin circle rumor

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I haven't been in this thread since the Jeuxvideo days...

And now this rumor is popping up, explained by someone who uses Ayumi Tachibana as a username. Funny coincidence!

This is all fascinating. Reimu was always one of those super low key possibilities...I'd be of course very happy to see her in.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Know this thread is surrounded in leak business right now, but does anyone know when that AoCF Switch Port is coming out, I'm thinking of getting it

SirHenri

Smash Rookie
I haven't been in this thread since the Jeuxvideo days...

And now this rumor is popping up, explained by someone who uses Ayumi Tachibana as a username. Funny coincidence!

This is all fascinating. Reimu was always one of those super low key possibilities...I'd be of course very happy to see her in.
nah, ayumi is not part of the lapailledor leak, i know it because we would have loved having someone speaking japanese in order to maker the real look more real

Thatchner

Smash Cadet
This rumor has certainly stirred things up in here! I'm all up for more discussion, even if I am still skeptical of it.

One thing that intrigues me about the rumor is the list of songs. That's more songs than any DLC newcomers has had before. I'd be down for all of them, since one of Touhou's defining features is its music.

Superiorstar

Smash Cadet
I might of believed this leak had the song list not been over 15, that's a huge deal breaker for me.
as of now, I can't believe any of these crazy false flags. And as for Reimu, I wouldn't say fighter 5, probably post pass dlc.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I joined SmashBoards after lurking on this for a few days, actually a bit surprised at how large Reimu for Smash support is, even from someone like me who considers Touhou to be one of her favorite franchises around.

I was at least hesitant on the idea because of what ZUN may have thought and then that interview popped up. And then I was hesitant to think of how people may react given what happened with Hero and Terry but then after some thinking, I realize no matter who will get in there will be complaints in the midst of people celebrating.

I for one am pro-Reimu and would like to be added as a Supporter. She's one of my four main wanted(The other three being Dante, Phoenix Wright, and Travis Touchdown) and I'd put her at #1, actually.

So, yeah. I'm another supporter here.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I think I should clarify this.
The leaker never said Reimu is in FP5. He even outright said that he doesn't know if she is really joining. But due to the amount of supposed smash remix tracks he's been hearing (and no Marisa themes but several Reimu related) he believes Reimu is coming at some point as a playable fighter.

Last edited:

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
The leaker never said Reimu is in FP5. He even outright said that he doesn't know if she is really joining. But due to the amount of supposed smash remix tracks he's been hearing (and no Marisa themes but several Reimu related) he believes Reimu is coming at some point as a playable fighter.
Its just the timing of evidence connecting various hints and rumors makes it seem like Reimu is either FP5 or going to be one of the first post-pass DLC

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I think I should clarify this.
I'd like to ask you something, When you gave the link to the thread and said it started at post 65, that post basically said (through machine translation) that Reimu has a medly

Machine translated post said:
Reimu-chan medley may be in this order
Pretty girl song
Touhou fairy tale
Are the spring color and the ground color yellow?
Pretty girl song
Two-colored lotus butterfly

There is no eternal shrine maiden
Now, to my untrained 5ch eye, this is a different poster that the one that posted the actual list (Though the thread seemed to treat those two as the same entity, you can confirm or deny that). If the above is true, could that mean that the list itself is inflated due to several songs being used in a medley?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I have no personal attachments to Touhou/Reimu (maybe I’ll try it out someday), but I think Touhou getting a rep would make sense.

I feel that one of Sakurai’s goals with Ultimate is to represent Japanese gaming as good as possible. All of the biggest Japanese companies are in, now he’s going for smaller but notable companies like SNK (Koei Tecmo & Arc Sys are likely too IMO.)

I feel like a Japanese indie rep is pretty likely. I feel it’s either Reimu or Quote in that area.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I'd like to ask you something, When you gave the link to the thread and said it started at post 65, that post basically said (through machine translation) that Reimu has a medly

Now, to my untrained 5ch eye, this is a different poster that the one that posted the actual list (Though the thread seemed to treat those two as the same entity, you can confirm or deny that). If the above is true, could that mean that the list itself is inflated due to several songs being used in a medley?
Post 65 seems like him just fantasizing.
As for the change of Wacchoi ID, I'm not really sure tbh. May be there is something I'm missing like the other Wacchoi has already been confirmed for his before.
Besides that, his wordings are unique and distinguishable. If you track down his IP address you can find some of his post in the past and they share the same style and interest.

D

Deleted member

I have no personal attachments to Touhou/Reimu (maybe I’ll try it out someday), but I think Touhou getting a rep would make sense.

I feel that one of Sakurai’s goals with Ultimate is to represent Japanese gaming as good as possible. All of the biggest Japanese companies are in, now he’s going for smaller but notable companies like SNK (Koei Tecmo & Arc Sys are likely too IMO.)

I feel like a Japanese indie rep is pretty likely. I feel it’s either Reimu or Quote in that area.
Of course. To me, indie Japanese stuff is really good to come by.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Post 65 seems like him just fantasizing.
As for the change of Wacchoi ID, I'm not really sure tbh. May be there is something I'm missing like the other Wacchoi has already been confirmed for his before.
Besides that, his wordings are unique and distinguishable. If you track down his IP address you can find some of his post in the past and they share the same style and interest.
Thanks for the info. I still think that Medleys utilizing those songs is a possibility. There are quite a lot of Reimu themes and 2 each for Yukari and Okina so it makes sense for those to be their own medleys. It could be an explanation for the bloat.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
papagenos papagenos has made a video about the current speculation atm, including our girl reimu

Good that he seems to note it being rather solid. Some of these leaks are kinda hard to keep track of for me, especially when it comes to things I am not familiar with.

Speaking of things I am not familiar with, I don't really Touhou all that well(Have heard about it for years, but I have never been one for bullet hells), but I have been following this thread for a bit now and I do want to voice my support. Reimu seems like a pretty cool character, I like the songs I have heard and I think she has a good shot, especially as of late.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Some real crazy **** happened in the last 24 hours didn't it

Well, personally I think this leak has some real solid background, and it's relatively more believable than any other text leaks we get everyday. I never believe a leak 100% no matter how convincing it is, but this one gets a 70% trust from me.

And yeah, lack of Marisa's theme is kinda disturbing... One of the bigger reasons other than it's a text leak why I'm sorta skeptical about this.

But I'm more optimistic than ever about Reimu's chances tbh. I really like the timeline Exiliify Exiliify provided us with, and I'm starting to think Reimu as 5th DLC in FP is not out of the realm of possibility. But even if she isn't, I think she has even more chance in the post-FP DLC! So yeah. I'm feeling very optimistic for our favorite shrine maiden.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Personally, I am vouching for Reimu being a future character coming to Ultimate, but not necessarily the 5th Fighter Pass character. If it transpires she is the next fighter after Terry, I am willing to eat my share of crow.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I would like to be added as a supporter as well since I've been interested to see any Touhou rep in Smash and Reimu is definitely one of my higher tiers regarding to wants.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And yeah, lack of Marisa's theme is kinda disturbing... One of the bigger reasons other than it's a text leak why I'm sorta skeptical about this.
Couldn't it be that her theme is in the game but is not getting a remix? This is a list of songs getting remixed, not all of the songs in general. Still kinda weird that such a major character is getting a remix, but it is an explanation.

Out of curiosity(And my lack of Touhou knowledge), which track is the theme for Reimu?

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Couldn't it be that her theme is in the game but is not getting a remix? This is a list of songs getting remixed, not all of the songs in general. Still kinda weird that such a major character is getting a remix, but it is an explanation.

Out of curiosity(And my lack of Touhou knowledge), which track is the theme for Reimu?
Maiden's Capriccio is her "iconic" theme, but I believe she's got a couple of others. I'm not certain if The Ground's Color is Yellow would be considered her theme or the shrine's theme.

Top Bottom