• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

guitargamer57

Smash Cadet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gCQ-7_arjU&feature=youtu.be

active NEETs who decide to publish a smash remix right now
I have to stay calm and don't make stupid believe, repeat after me: this doesn't means anything, this doesn't mean anything
I don't know who they excatly are, but I assume they make Touhou arrangements?
Yeah, this could mean nothing, though I want to have hope for something right now, so I will say this is linked Cristina Vee's recent announcement, and that we will have a little surprise for the rumored Nintendo Direct in a few days.

My doubt is though, do Active NEETs usually make Smash music interpretations?

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
You guys remember CHristina Vee has done voice work for touhou before. Fanmade stuff but still she has worked with touhou.

Whoa, I wasn't aware of that, that actually makes my expectations go up unnecessarily high

I don't know who they excatly are, but I assume they make Touhou arrangements?
Yeah, this could mean nothing, though I want to have hope for something right now, so I will say this is linked Cristina Vee's recent announcement, and that we will have a little surprise for the rumored Nintendo Direct in a few days.

My doubt is though, do Active NEETs usually make Smash music interpretations?
They're pretty damn huge actually. If you're someone who's into Touhou music circles like me, you would know they're one of the finest group out there, alongside with Cool&Create, Shibayan Records, Kuroneko Lounge, Marasy8, dBu, etc.

What they are most well known for is making full orchestral arrangements of Touhou music with real instruments. It's really epic, and they very recently released a new orchestra album covering every main tracks in UFO in the latest Comiket, and since I heard it's also coming to iTunes, you should really check it out if you have a chance.

As for the Lifelight arrangement, yeah. Iirc this is their first ever content involving Smash, or even Nintendo. It doesn't really mean much in the sense of Reimu getting in Smash tho, since I don't think corporations like Nintendo will let doujin circles do the arrangements for them (even though I really wish they did if it ever happens).

Last edited:

Math Jreeds 1284

Smash Cadet
Whoa, I wasn't aware of that, that actually makes my expectations go up unnecessarily high

They're pretty damn huge actually. If you're someone who's into Touhou music circles like me, you would know they're one of the finest group out there, alongside with Cool&Create, Shibayan Records, Kuroneko Lounge, Marasy8, dBu, etc.

What they are most well known for is making full orchestral arrangements of Touhou music with real instruments. It's really epic, and they very recently released a new orchestra album covering every main tracks in UFO in the latest Comiket, and since I heard it's also coming to iTunes, you should really check it out if you have a chance.

As for the Lifelight arrangement, yeah. Iirc this is their first ever content involving Smash, or even Nintendo. It doesn't really mean much in the sense of Reimu getting in Smash tho, since I don't think corporations like Nintendo will let doujin circles do the arrangements for them (even though I really wish they did if it ever happens).
Well, the arrangements thing I don't see Nintendo allowing any company to take a jab at for the official work. I think it can be seen as possibly Reimu getting the okay from inner circles then them posting this as a faint confirmation for the audience which is a thing people who have knowledge of games (from the devs to leakers ) like to do y'know.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
A reminder that Active NEETs actually got one of their songs put in Antinomy of Common Flowers (specifically, their Wonderful Heaven arrangement). They're probably closer aligned with Touhou than we think.

I don't necessarily think that the Lifelight arrangement means anything, but it's something to keep in mind, I guess.

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
A reminder that Active NEETs actually got one of their songs put in Antinomy of Common Flowers (specifically, their Wonderful Heaven arrangement). They're probably closer aligned with Touhou than we think.

I don't necessarily think that the Lifelight arrangement means anything, but it's something to keep in mind, I guess.
ALL of AoCF soundtracks are done by doujin circles. Plus, like I said, Active Neets are one of the most well-known Touhou music circles out there so of course they're closely aligned with the series.

And Zun always aknowledges and supports Touhou doujin communities in general, so AoCF tracks being made by them is really nothing special.

Last edited:

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Tokyo Active NEETs is a doujin music circle like many others.
They can make fan arrangements of whatever they want to.

Most of the fighting game production is actually left at Tasogare Frontier.
I wouldnt be surprised if they decided to use doujin music by different circles instead of doing their own arrangements, while of course, ZUN makes new music for new characters.
Story and characters are likely something that ZUN decides
(with the exception of a case when ZUN wanted certain characters in Hisoutensoku (Wriggle and Nitori, Kaguya and Mokou), but Tasofro refused to add more, due to both time constraints and the fact that Hisoutensoku focuses on adding weak characters)
... while Tasogare Frontier probably deals with anything else, while ZUN probably has some kind of last saying in this?
You could say that those fighting games are a mix of doujin fangame and official game.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey there guys: I just recently completed a montage for a character in Smash Ultimate:

Now you're probably wondering why I'm posting this when it's not directly related to Reimu, at least not at first...
Regardless of if you watch the video or not, I plan on making a montage for Reimu (or in this case, a Mii Gunner that is the closest I could get to her apperance wise). While I can't say when it'll be done, it's at least guaranteed to be next! :)

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman

BEEP BEEP DIRECT ALERT

I can't think of anything that might point towards Reimu with this one, other than that they suspiciously moved their early-year direct from January to February, which is usually when the annual Touhou Popularity polls take place **Thinking emoji**

Anyway, hoping some juicy stuff gets revealed in it

Last edited:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy, i hope they reveal official Touhou ports, that would get Reimu´s chances up considerably.

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Well, the direct dropped, and... no Smash news aside from the fact that Update 3.0 is gonna be big, and Joker's gonna come along with it. So nothing has changed.

guitargamer57

Smash Cadet
Well, the direct dropped, and... no Smash news aside from the fact that Update 3.0 is gonna be big, and Joker's gonna come along with it. So nothing has changed.
Sadly. We'll have to keep waiting until the next fighter is revealed.

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
Sadly. We'll have to keep waiting until the next fighter is revealed.
That is true
Hopefully, we get a Smash Mini Direct in March or April that shows off Joker, along with a new fighter.

The only issue is that i'm firmly convinced that Erdrick is going to be the next fighter, but hey. Who knows?

Felancius

Smash Cadet
Considering how Marth and Roy's inclusion in Melee helped bring Fire Emblem overseas, I'd very much love to see Reimu and/or Marisa included in Smash as possible DLC fighters, given the fact that Touhou does have some fans overseas and for how long the series has ran, it has yet to be officially released outside of Japan. However, unlike Marth and Roy, Touhou is not a Nintendo franchise, but rather a PC one that just so happensed to finally get a game on the Switch, despite the fact it's a fangame and no physical release which would have boosted sales and interest a lot more. If you ask me, Reimu coming to Smash would be a good idea, and may even possibly bring future Touhou games to the west, but only time will tell in this case unfortunately, and if Sakurai will contact Zun since otherwise, probably won't happen.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
One of the main reasons I actually think Touhou/Reimu has as much of a chance as she does is because of Undertale in all honesty. You cannot play that game and not see the inspiration of Touhou in it. If anything, it even shows that Touhou has a sizable, yet silent, fanbase in the west. I've always been of the notion that Many of Touhou's western fans are much closer to the anime community than the gaming/Smash community.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Even though I'm American, I'd frankly rather have Reimu over the Doomslayer because she's cute and he's violent.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Spelled Crono wrong.
It's been verified by some people that apparently both "Chrono" and "Crono" are correct. The latter is used more often due to the limitations of Chrono Trigger, as names in that game could only have up to 5 characters. However, all official English promotional work for Chrono Trigger used the "Crono" spelling.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
It's been verified by some people that apparently both "Chrono" and "Crono" are correct. The latter is used more often due to the limitations of Chrono Trigger, as names in that game could only have up to 5 characters. However, all official English promotional work for Chrono Trigger used the "Crono" spelling.
Which is why that leak is bogus as it's from the English site.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think Reimu could be a fun character despite me never having played a Touhou game before.

Plus one supporter please.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Reading most of the comments there makes it hard to tell it its legit or not. Best to say its fake as I don't know how to test this json file thing.

I would like this roster if its true. Agumon is the only ehh one from me, but Chrono/Crono would be amazing as well, though I feel Dragon Quest deserves it much more.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't know what to think of the leak. My first thought was to instantly label it as fake, but after looking up more info about it, I'm not sure any more. This might be the next LaPailleDor Leak where nobody can prove or disprove it until the characters are actually revealed.

I'm staying hopeful though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It'd be one odd roster. But I appreciate the reimu mention, at least for the thought of it :p

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Honestly, I feel that 4chan leak has a 90% chance of being fake, with me being generous and saying it has a 10% chance of being real, but I truthfully don't think it is. As much as I want both Banjo and Reimu to be in this game, I'm not quite sure at the moment.

Last edited:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
I dont think its legit, but im happy she was included. But hey, who knows? Until Brave is revealed we cant know for sure...

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Still in the fake camp. It's going to take A LOT of evidence for me to believe it. It's no different than the plethora of other website leaks that were never true.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I dont think its legit, but im happy she was included. But hey, who knows? Until Brave is revealed we cant know for sure...
If anything, the only way this would have a chance of being true is if Chrono is the next DLC character to get announced as he's supposed to be Fighter #72 based off the image that came along with all this. Either way, all we can do for now is simply wait and see.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well... has it felt like time has just gone slower or is it just me? I'm honestly not sure. >_<

The main question is regardless of that "leak" being true or not, is it reasonable to continue hoping for Reimu? I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to pick a very out there character especially if Nintendo of Japan was the one to show him that list of characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well... has it felt like time has just gone slower or is it just me? I'm honestly not sure. >_<

The main question is regardless of that "leak" being true or not, is it reasonable to continue hoping for Reimu? I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to pick a very out there character especially if Nintendo of Japan was the one to show him that list of characters.
I don't know, but I don't think it's very healthy to notice leaks anymore, when most everyone is so anxious.

Though I must admit that as far as video game shrine maidens go, she's still much likelier than Pocky...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont have much hope in any touhou representation in smash, but if there's some chance, I'd enjoy playing them and talking about touhou with people i play just to prop up the series. There's lots of other characters from the series i like too.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
It's reasonable to hope for any character so long as you recognize their shortfalls. In any event, I stated earlier that I feel Reimu's biggest boon is the success of Undertale. Whether that actually comes to pass or not is a different matter entirely.

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
Just wanna update people on the Christina Vee thing.

As it turns out, when she said "biggest game ever" what she meant is that she was voicing Eagle Eye in Fortnite: Save The Word

*Seinfeld theme*

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Been listening to a bunch of Touhou music the past few weeks and damn would it be awesome to have them in smash. lol

10 minute extensions go by too fast.

Top Bottom