• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well: allow me to just say that out of all the options I could have picked for a potential pipe dream pick, I decided to make Reimu that pick as I honestly want her to be playable in Ultimate, but it really depends on what can be done to get her in. Beyond that, I do have quite the appreciation for Touhou after playing Touhou Genso Wanderer. Sure, Reimu didn't star as the main character in that game (she appears as a cameo in one of the levels), but that doesn't change the fact she's one of my favorite Touhou characters on par with Marisa (heck, I even own plushies of them that I bought at a convention if that's anything to go by).

Feel free to add me to the supporter list!
Oh, hi Yellowlord! I wasn't expecting to see you here! :)

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
A new supporter.

80. Blayshy-Nega

BTW, if you haven't visited the Rate Their Chances thread yet, I'd recommend doing so.

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Thanks for everyone who contributed in the Rate their Chances thread for Reimu.
Glad that the majority if not all your guys posts were both passionate and realistically, really appreciate it.

Sure, we cant do much about other peoples opinions, but thats fine. This isnt really about competetion after all.

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
I wish i could of done a rating, but one. I have bad reasoning skills. and two, the internet was out for half of the day and we only got it back this morning.
If i had to give a rating, my gut tells me 30%. I don't know why, that's just what feels most likely to me.

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX

Kind of wanted to make an updated list of Touhou content you can have (and expect) on the Nintendo Switch:
Bold = Confirmed English release / English trailer
Underlined = Released on the Nintendo Switch as of now

Updated: 01/25/2019

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle
Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded
Touhou Genso Wanderer Lotus Labyrinth
Touhou Azure Reflections
Gensokyo Defenders

Genso Skydrift
Touhou Sky Arena

Marisa and Alice’s Trap Tower
Touhou Genso Kikou: Lost Alchemy
Yoiyami Dreamer
The Genius of Sappheiros
The Devil of Decline

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! (has Touhou Songs)

Last edited:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman

Kind of wanted to make an updated list of Touhou content you can have (and expect) on the Nintendo Switch:
Bold = Confirmed English release / English trailer
Underlined = Released on the Nintendo Switch as of now

Updated: 01/25/2019

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle
Touhou Azure Reflections
Gensokyo Defenders

Genso Skydrift
Touhou Sky Arena

Marisa and Alice’s Trap Tower
Touhou Genso Kikou: Lost Alchemy
Yoiyami Dreamer

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! (has Touhou Songs)
I´m so excited for Sky Arena! I loved playing it, and when it comes out i can actually kidna- uhhhh convince some of my friends to play it together!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
These two or at least the first one here is literally the one Touhou game I've always wanted to consider... think it's worth it? From what I remember, it was actually a pretty great little mystery dungeon game, but Touhou inspired!

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
These two or at least the first one here is literally the one Touhou game I've always wanted to consider... think it's worth it? From what I remember, it was actually a pretty great little mystery dungeon game, but Touhou inspired!
I have the vanilla version for PS4, and its quite fun! If you liked Mystery Dungeon it will not dissapoint, it has some fun mechanics and spellcards, and also a very fun story. In my opinion, its worth it! But if you pick any version, make sure its the newest one.

SirHenri

Smash Rookie
i still can't believe someone imagined a touhou racing game
(btw genso wanderer is good to my mind, but seriously why they published the deluxe edition first with a price like that? )
oh? there is a support list? well add me if you want, but i don't really see the interest of such list

(yes if my profile picture tell you something, that's normal)

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
I do have quite the appreciation for Touhou after playing Touhou Genso Wanderer. Sure, Reimu didn't star as the main character in that game (she appears as a cameo in one of the levels)!

...Uh... I dunno what game you were playing there because I'm absolutely sure, having played Genso Wanderer Reloaded a lot (to the point that I've cleared all of the story arcs), that Reimu was the main character of the majority of the scenarios (To my knowledge, there are five scenarios in Genso Wanderer Reloaded that don't have Reimu as the main character. Bullet Reporter stars Aya, with Momiji as her partner. King of Fairies stars Marisa, with Alice as her partner. Futo and the 7 Trials, predictably, stars Futo, with Tojiko as her partner. Miracle*Ambitions has Sanae as the main character, with Suwako as her partner [at first]. And lastly, Clock Remains, the only DLC scenario in Genso Wanderer, stars Sakuya, with Reimu as her partner). The other scenarios (Hakurei Shrine Maiden vs Buyking, SOS from the Underground and Urgent Incident star Reimu. Reimu also takes the main protagonist role in the second half of Miracle*Ambitions, when Sanae becomes the antagonist).

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
...Uh... I dunno what game you were playing there because I'm absolutely sure, having played Genso Wanderer Reloaded a lot (to the point that I've cleared all of the story arcs), that Reimu was the main character of the majority of the scenarios (To my knowledge, there are five scenarios in Genso Wanderer Reloaded that don't have Reimu as the main character. Bullet Reporter stars Aya, with Momiji as her partner. King of Fairies stars Marisa, with Alice as her partner. Futo and the 7 Trials, predictably, stars Futo, with Tojiko as her partner. Miracle*Ambitions has Sanae as the main character, with Suwako as her partner [at first]. And lastly, Clock Remains, the only DLC scenario in Genso Wanderer, stars Sakuya, with Reimu as her partner). The other scenarios (Hakurei Shrine Maiden vs Buyking, SOS from the Underground and Urgent Incident star Reimu. Reimu also takes the main protagonist role in the second half of Miracle*Ambitions, when Sanae becomes the antagonist).
Oh: my apologies on that! I meant to say Touhou Scarlet Curiosity, not Genso Wanderer. Quite the big brain fart on my part, but I’ll go fix it now!

Last edited:

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Oh: my apologies on that! I meant to say Touhou Scarlet Curiosity, not Genso Wanderer. Quite the big brain fart on my part, but I’ll go fix it now!
Scarlet Curiosity makes sense for Reimu being a cameo (specifically she cameos alongside Marisa in the boss fight against Satori).

Last edited:

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
I wanna point something out, i'm not sure if this is anything that points in favor of Reimu's inclusion, but i feel it's worth noting.

So, Touhou content appears in Taiko No Tatsujin, and Taiko is owned by Namco, i know ZUN is pretty calm about Copyright stuff, and i'm not sure if you even need to approach him to make a Touhou game. But i feel like a company as big as Namco would probably ask him about it first.

You know what fighting game stars famous characters that was published by Bandai Namco?

That's Right

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I honestly have this feeling deep down that Reimu is going to be the completely out of nowhere pick by Sakurai... of course, that's mainly just wishful thinking, but who knows?

Did Nintendo of Japan even have Reimu on that list of characters they showed to Sakurai? Would Sakurai have interest in Touhou in general?

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
I honestly have this feeling deep down that Reimu is going to be the completely out of nowhere pick by Sakurai... of course, that's mainly just wishful thinking, but who knows?

Did Nintendo of Japan even have Reimu on that list of characters they showed to Sakurai? Would Sakurai have interest in Touhou in general?
Sakurai is a gamer himself, and since he's been around this business for a very, very long time, I'm 99% sure he's at least aware of the series' existence and popularity.

Chen Yakumo

Smash Rookie
I know it’s been forever since I last posted here, but count me as a supporter, I’ve been dreaming of Reimu ever since Sm4sh’s reveal

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So where do you guys think Reimu would rank in the list of Japan's wanted characters for Smash? I'm curious to know how popular and requested she is over there.

Last edited:

calvinhobbes1010

Smash Rookie
NNID
calvinhobbes1010
3DS FC
0387-8842-9682
While I'm more supportive of Kirby characters (mainly Bandana Dee, Marx, and Adeleine), I'd be ecstatic to see Touhou characters in Smash. So yeah, add me to the list of Reimu supporters!

And please put Patchouli in Smash pls Sakurai? k thx

guitargamer57

Smash Cadet
While I'm more supportive of Kirby characters (mainly Bandana Dee, Marx, and Adeleine), I'd be ecstatic to see Touhou characters in Smash. So yeah, add me to the list of Reimu supporters!

And please put Patchouli in Smash pls Sakurai? k thx
Did someone say Patchouli?
I would even be happy if she was just an assist trophy.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I still want to know if anyone has outright asked ZUN about touhou or reimu for smash and if he said no or not. I wish more developers would outright say no, so we could strike them from the list(like dante)

So we talked about songs we want, but what are some of your already fanmade remixs? here is one of my favs.

I love Nuclear Fusion, and I love the warning sirens added to this take, and it sounds so good.

Team Orchid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 7571 9773 6698
Wait, hold up a sec. A support thread for Reimu? I'm more of a fan of Kogasa and Kokoro but sure, I'll lend my support if it gets Touhou's amazing tracks into Smash. Hopefully as remixes because dear gods the sound team really knows their stuff, but honestly even the raw songs would work just fine too.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I still want to know if anyone has outright asked ZUN about touhou or reimu for smash and if he said no or not. I wish more developers would outright say no, so we could strike them from the list(like dante)

So we talked about songs we want, but what are some of your already fanmade remixs? here is one of my favs.

I love Nuclear Fusion, and I love the warning sirens added to this take, and it sounds so good.
Eye of the Needles by Demetori is one of my all time favorite arranges.

Insomneko

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3266-5876-1597
I definitely support this, Reimu would make for a very interesting character, represent another genre, and bring some amazing Touhou music!

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I know that everybody here knows that Touhou is absolutely massive in Japan. But I'm unsure if we even knew just how "absolutely" massive it was. I was visiting Google Trends, and after switching the locale to just Japan, I got... this.

Capture.PNG

So yeah. Touhou is bigger than Mario. lol

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Seems I never posted in the Smashboards thread. Interesting. Name must be on the supporters list from the GFAQs topic. lulz.

Here's hoping for the shrine maiden to make it in Smash~

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Here's a silly thought

There was a problem fetching the tweet
You know this infamous tweet by Cristina Vee, the VA of Shantae, right?

Well, many people are speculating now that this might mean one of the roles she played in the past might get in Smash.
So I looked into her filmography, and what do I find?

She played a character in a 2006 Yuri anime called <Destiny of the Shrine Maiden>

Now, think about this. Reimu does not have an official VA. So this could mean, that someone with the experience of playing a lesbian shrine maiden in the past might be the perfect person to get her role in Smash...... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

Okay but in all seriousness, I'm obviously just kidding here, it's probably just gonna be Shantae or Edelgard.
Or it could just not be about Smash at all, lol

But wait..... It seems like Cristina also played one of the female Avatars in Xenoblade Chronicles X..... And guess what one of the voice actresses for that character in Japanese is......
RINA SATO. AKA REIMU IN AZURE REFLECTIONS
CONSPIRACY CONFIRMED

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Here's a silly thought

Well, many people are speculating now that this might mean one of the roles she played in the past might get in Smash.

She played a character in a 2006 Yuri anime called <Destiny of the Shrine Maiden>

Now, think about this. Reimu does not have an official VA. So this could mean, that someone with the experience of playing a lesbian shrine maiden in the past might be the perfect person to get her role in Smash...... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

Okay but in all seriousness, I'm obviously just kidding here, it's probably just gonna be Shantae or Edelgard.

But wait..... It seems like Cristina also played one of the female Avatars in Xenoblade Chronicles X..... And guess what one of the voice actresses for that character in Japanese is......
CONSPIRACY CONFIRMED
Honestly this is a theory I can buy into. Most of the big-names that she's voiced have a valid reason as to why they wouldn't be DLC. Edelgard is another 1st party character despite the DLC all but guaranteed to be entirely 3rd party at this point, and Shantae is a spirit (yes, I do believe spirits deconfirm. Fight me). And most of the other characters she voices are more of a case of "why would they add this character from this series instead of this other guy".

But at this point I'm just desperate to believe anything that might support Reimu's inclusion. Although I'd be quite interested in Reimu getting an English voice, that's for sure. Cristina Vee could probably pull it off, going by her other roles.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
But at this point I'm just desperate to believe anything that might support Reimu's inclusion. Although I'd be quite interested in Reimu getting an English voice, that's for sure. Cristina Vee could probably pull it off, going by her other roles.
I just think it would be a really cool fan nod to have her voice Reimu if at all possible due to her cover of Bad Apple.

zferolie

Smash Hero
You guys remember CHristina Vee has done voice work for touhou before. Fanmade stuff but still she has worked with touhou.

guitargamer57

Smash Cadet
Here's a silly thought

CONSPIRACY CONFIRMED
You guys remember CHristina Vee has done voice work for touhou before. Fanmade stuff but still she has worked with touhou.

This is interesting, I never thought there could be this coincidence. Altough small, I think this gives a reasonable possibility for her voicing Reimu in Smash, would she be in.

However, I don't know how open would ZUN be for any kind of "oficial" voice for Reimu, I mean, everything is considered fanmade until know, but would that apply for a big game such a Smash Bros...?

zferolie

Smash Hero
This is interesting, I never thought there could be this coincidence. Altough small, I think this gives a reasonable possibility for her voicing Reimu in Smash, would she be in.

However, I don't know how open would ZUN be for any kind of "oficial" voice for Reimu, I mean, everything is considered fanmade until know, but would that apply for a big game such a Smash Bros...?
I am assuming they would voice reimu, the question is if she will have a english voice or just japanese like cloud.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Was that confirmed or we just assume that? Same with SE only having 2 tracts due to money reasons?
Assumed, but it's kinda obvious.

Nintendo doesn't hire union actors.
If Nintendo hires them, they're under a pseudonym or uncredited.
Burton's union requires him to always be credited.

Unfortunate.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Assumed, but it's kinda obvious.

Nintendo doesn't hire union actors.
If Nintendo hires them, they're under a pseudonym or uncredited.
Burton's union requires him to always be credited.

Unfortunate.
Gotcha. Is Vee union or no?

Top Bottom