• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown 3: Nostalgic Smash - LIVESTREAM IS UP! - WC USA ATTENDANCE

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Showdown in Downtown 3: Nostalgic Smash
@

AiB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12474

Address: 702a Spadina Avenue
Main Intersection: Bloor & Spadina
Where: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date: Saturday, August 20th, 2011

Prices

Venue fee: $10
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)
64: $5

Payouts:

Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles
1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles
1st place: 70%
2nd place: 30%

1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Schedule:

10 am -11 pm

10 am: Doors open
10:30 am: Registration begins
11:30 am: Brawl Doubles begin
Brawl singles will begin ASAP
64 will begin at approx 2pm

Food:

A&C sells water for $1

There is a Pizza Pizza nearby, north of the venue at the main intersection. There's a Lick's not even a minute's walk north of the venue, and if you walk south to Harbord st. there's a couple of independent pizza places (Cora and Papa Ceo) and a B.B. Ques. The intersection with Pizza Pizza also has a tim horton's and a second cup.

Directions:

The venue is just 1 stop south of Spadina subway station. Refer to the map below to find the quickest route for you. Keep in mind this is at A&C World and NOT A&C Games. They are 2 doors apart.

[collapse=TTC Subway Map]
[/collapse]

Brawl Rules

The Unity Ruleset - v1.4

64 Rules

The Official 64BR Recommended Ruleset

General Rules:

No illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
Don't smell, please shower
Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

(Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl:

Tin Man (x1)
Supreme Dirt (x1)
pidgezero_one (x1)
infiniteV115 (x1)
1PokeMastr (x1)
Zetsu (x1)
.exe (maybe x1)
Patches (maybe x1)

Total (Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl count = 6 (8)

Wii + Brawl:

A&C World (x1)

Total Wii + Brawl count = 1 (1)

64's:

A&C World (x3)
Supreme Dirt (x1)
pidgezero_one (x1)

Total Wii + Brawl count = 5 (5)

TV's:

A&C World (x6 (x2 RF only))
Tin Man (x1)
1PokeMastr (x1, maybe x2)
Patches (maybe x2)

Total TV count = 8 (11)

Extension Cords/Power Bars:

A&C World (should be enough for 12 setups)
Tin Man (multiple)

Recording Stations:

TBA

Livestream:

TBA

Attendance List:

1. Tin Man
2. Toronto Joe
3. Hype
4. Cruxis
5. JMo
6. i1337
7. Gichan
8. Lights
9. Peachy-Desu (maybe)
10. B Link
11. Torch40
12. Dan-Da-Man
13. SpeedGhost
14. infiniteV115
15. Inle~Orichas
16. 1PokeMastr
17. R e d X
18. Sk
19. Supreme Dirt
20. .exe
21. Zetsu
22. pidgezero_one
23. DCF!
24. leafshadow (maybe)
25. acolyte10 (maybe)
26. imag (maybe)
27. JenniferLe (maybe)
28. Sawd (maybe)
29. ~XP~ (maybe)
30. mrconcon (maybe)

Attendance count = 30 (23)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
First.
Confirming Wii+Brawl, N64+Smash 64. I will also have two N64 controllers with working control sticks for people to rent from me.

*EDIT*
Damnit, SO CLOSE.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
More tourneys = more practice = better players = beating america.

It's true.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, that's actually pretty cool to know, Cruxis.

Locking that fact away for future reference.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Don't think I'll be able to make this one unfortunately. I think I'll be on vacation that week

Gichan

Smash Champion
You guys not thanking pharaoh, he's the only other person aside from Tin and myself to step up with a tourney.

Of course I'll be there to.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
As far as things stand, I'll be able to make it. I can supply a wii + brawl with replay codes and such, a n64 and super smash bros 64 (everything unlocked of course) with an extra controller besides the one I'll use.

If my plans are suddenly ****ed up I'll let you know.

Also just in case anyone is interested, there's a Subway just south of A&C north of Harbord St where the two independent pizza stores and the BBQue's are :)

Torch40

Smash Rookie
I'm a new joiner, but I'll be there. Sign up when I get there? How does it work?

:phone:

Mprime

Smash Ace
no really me and googs just did a serious set to decide who pays for the pizza and he won the set 3-1 :( i just barely beat his puff :(

Mprime

Smash Ace
im so salty supreme dirt teach me how to be good? <3 (L) ;)

**** you brendan i see this ****^ googs paid for that pizza and i didnt write any of this **** trolling myself

snake23

Smash Cadet
Enjoy this tournament fellow smashers i will be in montreal`s tournament on the 20th the entire day so have fun without me.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Are you ****ing ********? Hamilton is NOT attending this tournament. You can't be hosting tournies literally a week after the last when half our ****ing community are high school students with no jobs. It's atleast 40$ to attend a tourney, that's ****ing 80$ in two weeks you're asking. 80$ a month is one thing, not in two weeks.

Get your head out of your ***, and think about **** before you just start yelling "ZOMG I'M GONNA HOST A TOURNEY, TOURNEY'S ARE FUN, NO LIMIT TO THE TOURNEYS, TOURNEYS ON WEEKDAYS HERE WE COME!" like seriously.

And no, i'm not going to apologize for this post at any point in time, and if anyone says I'm being out of line, you best check your ****ing wallet before you just post without thinking.

Patches

Smash Master
Are you ****ing ********? Hamilton is NOT attending this tournament. You can't be hosting tournies literally a week after the last when half our ****ing community are high school students with no jobs. It's atleast 40$ to attend a tourney, that's ****ing 80$ in two weeks you're asking. 80$ a month is one thing, not in two weeks.

Get your head out of your ***, and think about **** before you just start yelling "ZOMG I'M GONNA HOST A TOURNEY, TOURNEY'S ARE FUN, NO LIMIT TO THE TOURNEYS, TOURNEYS ON WEEKDAYS HERE WE COME!" like seriously.

And no, i'm not going to apologize for this post at any point in time, and if anyone says I'm being out of line, you best check your ****ing wallet before you just post without thinking.
Quoted for truth. Lots of truth.

The only reason I said I might be there is because I should have money to spare. But I might not have the time to spare. I'm not going to go out of my way to book this day off, since I already did that for Pharoahs, which is a week before this.

Tin, if you would, please change this date. And slow down with thr tournaments. Not everyone can be doing this like, twice a month. Especially people outside of the GTA region.

:phone:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Well the thing is tho, I already pretty much had this date booked since June (iliad, remember when I told you about there being 4 tourneys in 3 months (the idea was for 3 SiD's, and CoD in sauga). But unfortunately Cruxis decided to host another tourney...

But the date of his tourney could have been different :ohwell: (he went for August 13th out of impatience iirc). I also tried bringing this up in Cruxis' thread, but he kept telling me "multiple tourneys are good" and whatnot...

And how we got this situation on our hands :ohwell:

i1337

Smash Ace
Ah yes.

I'll probably be there. I agree that August 27th would have been better, though.

:103:

also @ tin, if you had the date booked since June, I think you should have posted something about it in the other SiD threads beforehand even if it wasn't 100% confirmed.

Hammabro

Smash Apprentice
Wubwub.

I think I'm finally ready to return to the brawl scene.

EDIT: Oooooooh shiiiiiit just saw original smash up there. I am so down for this.

Top Bottom