• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
We forgot to do the Fusion Dance, sorry...

As for Samus:
Has trouble killing
Shortened grapple range
Extremely floaty
Slow
Decreased knockback in projectiles

Granted, she has weight going for her making it harder to kill her. Her aerials don't have too much lag and her up-B is improved. At least she's better than Sonic overall...
Well..that's not saying much..any character is pretty much better than Sonic overall..

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Wow, every time I see one of your Easter Eggs I think "Ok, this can never, EVER be topped!" How wrong I was... I was literally close to crying. Youko, Panda, thank you for the great time!

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
So "WTF Pokemon!?!"....I like it. Can't wait to see it. Lol. Look I am already laughing. After I saw the video review, I can only imagine what this will bring. Lol.
It's only WTF Pokemon!?! because I messed up the banner ._. it's supposed to be ?!? and I only just noticed it.

Youko if you want me to fix that tell me and I will ^^;

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Nah, it's cool, I'll change it in the thread. It doesn't really matter which way it goes. It's only shows more disgust at the subject, hehe.

By the way, the art...couldn't be better...you rock, bro.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Lol that would be awesome if you could.

I hope you don't mind that I made you a Dog too and that I gave you bored eyes. It just seemed to fit when I put yours next to Youko's, Similar enough to be related but different enough to give you a unique appearance.

the original draft of it was terrible, it was just Youko's Youkokeke with the Helmet very badly (in my opinion) Editted into a Samus Helmet. xD; you looked pretty much the same just with different helmets.

But yeah =) I'm glad to have been of help, if you ever need anything else just ask and if I can do It I'll lend a hand.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Not completely. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm led to believe that there'll be more episodes in the future on a less frequent basis with more general Nintendo news as opposed to just Smash stuff...

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick question:

In your video review, you said Sonic was horrible. Now, I'm a Sonic main, and I want to know what makes him so bad. I think he's GREAT! He's my best character!

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Did you just give SamuraiPanda a child? ...Can you do that?
I'm the artist. I can do whatever the hell I want. :laugh:

Okay, that's just freaky no matter how you cut it...

And I don't dare ask who the mother (father?) is...
The mother is probably one of those female pandas SP is always talking about. The funny thing is, it was originally just the panda, but then a girl sitting next to me said "Hey, you should add a sleeping cub."

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Nice, I like WTF Pokemon, it's pretty good. Though the 1st episode was a little boring mostly because those were the same ones from the Bottom 10.

I'm wondering though, when do you think that you could do the next (monthly?) podcast for Show Me Your News? I don't mind when I'm just curious.

DQP

Smash Ace
this is a public response to the pm you sent me about ep. 36, you said we were getting it early-mayish
well, its early mayish, and its time for another episode. please excuse me for being impatient, but i thought you were doing it monthly, its been more than 2 months

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
No, the review counted as an installment of SMYN...

And if you've been following the SMYNYouko Youtube channel, you'd know that within the next couple weeks we'll be planning another episode.

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
No, the review counted as an installment of SMYN...

And if you've been following the SMYNYouko Youtube channel, you'd know that within the next couple weeks we'll be planning another episode.

Ah I see. Also, I like WTF Pokemon (though this should be on that board but whatever). I never noticed how bad some of those dubs of pokemon are until I watched WTF Pokemon. Never noticed cause I have very fond memories of the franchise from my childhood.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hey all,

For the next episode of SMYN, could you maybe ask Mailtime questions here so we have some material to work with? I suppose they could be about Smash or really anything Nintendo-related. Thanks!

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Hey Youko,

Only started listening to SMYN around ep 30 or so, but I loved it so much I listened to the whole series back-to-back. You have no idea how great you guys are for doing this, even on a monthly basis. Oh, and WTF Pokémon is brilliant. :)

But enough of the fanboyisms, I've got a couple questions I've been meaning to ask:

1) Did it take a while to get used to not having to do the podcast every week?
2) Have you bought GTA IV?
3) What do you think is shown in the Nintendo Power moon puzzle? (I personally am hoping for Majora's Mask on VC)
4) Does Panda still pronouce Dedede 'Day-day-day'? Or does he now say 'Dee-dee-dee' like the English announcer in Brawl?

And finally, I know you've had the game for a week or so and have probably filled up your Friends list (only 30 slots? FFS) but I would like to play you at Mario Kart sometime. My code is 3351-4333-3907.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Best. Podcast. Ever!

heety9

Smash Journeyman
1. Now that you have played Brawl for a while, who is sticking out as your favorite/best character?
2. Where did you come up with the idea of WTF Pokemon?
3. Have you Brawled with Swordhunter yet? Is he better or worse than you?
4. Have you found Mario Kart Wii better or worse than the previous installments?

In whole, this podcast has made my life better. Thanks a lot Youko. :)

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Well here goes...

1. How long will you keep WTFP weekly?
2. Would you recommend Mario Kart Wii?
3. What contol scheme do you use in Mario Kart? (Steering wheel or GCC)
4. What do you use Bikes or Karts? (in Mario Kart)
5. Which character do you use most? (Brawl and Mario Kart)

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I've got just a few...

1. Would you guys be interested in seeing other Nintendo-crossover games besides Smash Bros? (For example, a Mario Kart game with Link, Pikachu, Marth, etc.)
2. Most people come to Smash Bros either because they love the characters, or because they love the gameplay. Which of these two brought you to Smash Bros?
3. Do you think Sakurai should direct the next Smash Bros, or do you think it's time to see someone new at the helm?
4. This one's so cliche, but I can't think of anything else: If you had to take one character out of the roster and add one character to take its place, which characters would they be?

By the way, if you're using our questions on the podcast, do you want us to record the questions for you to use, or is that just too much of a hassle?

Top Bottom