• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show me your moves - Captain Falcon video thread

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Uthrow Knee will still work in a lot of situations, it just may be frame tight for the character or %. Not sure how the change impacts Lucas or TL.

You have to play around his projectiles, and the best way to do that is to stay at a space that's close enough where they can't pull a bomb or boomerang without a decent chance of being punished. Without a bomb, he doesn't have enough to compete with your DD game. With a bomb, he can fight Falcon on basically even terms, but he can't continually maintain having a bomb ready since bomb pull is a bit of a commitment.

I usually don't shield boomerang unless it's somewhere before the halfway point of max travel range, cause shielding it from further away will give him a better chance of bomb pulling. Often times, I'll jump over the boomerang and get closer to TL, even if I have to deal with avoiding the rang as it returns, because I'm still putting pressure on him to not bomb or gain as much space on me. If it's angled up, or thrown a bit in the air, you can usually just Nair through it. The standard long toss on the ground is a bit harder to Nair, so I usually just jump over especially if I notice the space between us is less than the player probably believed.

I don't think it's a strong advantage. Lunchables doesn't like it, or last time he said it was pretty terrible for TL, but I dunno if that meant he considers it worse than 6:4. I'd say 6:4 if I had to vote on a spread

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The MU naturally got better in 3.6, as falcon was nerfed and tinks u throw is now properly effective vs. FFers

6-4 falcons favor is my natural guess? idk, we'll see

Last edited by a moderator:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Damn pmbr making things harder for Falcon

SmashPerfect

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I've made a couple of videos and im trying to start making more but so far I have a cool, and funny, captain falcon video. I know im nowhere near the best but im not trying to go for the coolest video out there because im kinda terrible with him. But if you guys could tell me how I did and what you think I could do better to make my videos better, then that would be awesome! Thanks guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibwo0KVjrkA

Steel Banana

Smash Cadet
So I have a few videos from the last DFW weekly.

vs. HavikLink (Wario) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usj3IMlPVTg
vs. Lunchables (Toon Link) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wsZgCEsoiM

In the HavikLink match, Umbreon comments on how my punish game is pretty terrible (and it definitely is) although in a few of places where he says that, I can't really see how I could have gotten a better punish, especially off of throws (not including the ones where I missed the dash/jump input after the throw). Am I missing something? An example is at 10:44 where I get no followups off of 2 throws in a row. Could I have actually gotten a followup without a hard read?

Also, he said I was super aggressive. What specifically about my gameplay makes it aggressive? My closest guess is that sometimes I feel like I have to approach or else I'll lose stage control and get put in a corner. I think the solution to that is to be aggressive with my movement while staying noncommittal, but I always get hit by fast moves (like a dash attack or a quick aerial that I can't react to) when I try to do that.

In the Lunchables match, I'm actually pretty happy with how I played even if I did lose. I stayed off autopilot for a lot longer than I usually do and put a lot more thought into my neutral game. My dash dance could have been a lot better and I shouldn't try to challenge bombs once he has one in his hand. Aside from not having terrible survival DI, what can I do better?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Uthrow on Wario at very low % is a mistake in this patch. Heavy chars in Melee under like 20-30% tend to escape hitstun before you can jump up and do a move. Best similarity I can think of is Samus: you don't Uthrow Samus in Melee under a certain threshold because you simply can't get a guaranteed punish. Prior patch, it lead to more 50-50 situations at low % where it was ambiguous whether they could jump out or not, but this patch it's more certain that heavies can get out at lower % so don't Uthrow them (unless stage positioning like being near the ledge are a factor).

Dthrow usually only leads to a tech chase on a lot of heavies at lower %, but if they are stubborn on DI or do not DI away, you can occasionally get regrabs or free Nair/Uair anyways. The threshold where you have to respect their ability to combo break or jump out might be higher for Dthrow sorta, but they have to DI in predictable ways and eventually sub-par ways if they don't want to accept the tech chase past like 10% or something.

Also lol at Oracle talking about me playing Lunchables. I beat his Roy, not his TL

Last edited:

ComeT____

Smash Rookie
You could go for more dairs on DK's upB since his ledgegrab range is pretty good but his meteor cancelling is nearly non existent.

And for the love of god tell Vee to use cargo upthrow instead of normal dhtrow.

Added to the OP.
Lol I agree with him^

Top Bottom