• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Your Moves 15.The Longest Running Annual Smash Tournament is Back Again! Aug 30th.Urbana, Il

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
SMYM 15

you know it, you love it. SMYM is back again this year and hoping to be bigger and better than ever. A new venue this year has been provided with the recent surge in requirement for internet during competitions. I'm sad to say that the old church where this event has been hosted every prior year still does not have internet or the proper space to hold enough people for the growing scene so we are forced to hold it elsewhere. I have rented out a ballroom at a holiday inn (like big house) to hold our event this time. With that said, I hope you guys will attend and have a good time.

Registration

It is VERY IMPORTANT you read everything before paying online. There is reason why doubles is "free"

Venue fee$15
Melee and Project M Singles $10
*Melee and Project M Doubles $10
* please read further down

edit for emphasis: You MUST pay online in order to be registered!

double edit: click the following link ONLY if you are ready to pay the fees. people still are not paying me and trying to register.

www.domefossil.com/smym

if you are not being redirected to Paypal after submition, there is something wrong and please let me know.

www.domefossil.com/entrants
Venue
1001 Killarney street. Urbana, Il. 61820

Holiday Inn

For those people who would like to stay at the hotel you can find info about the holiday inn on their page.
http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/urbana/cmiub/hoteldetail

Stream

SMYM will, for the first time ever, had a dedicated stream. I have chosen Windy City Smash as my streamers of choice due to my familiarity with them and them having a very top notch stream set up. please give them a follow and show them support.

www.twitch.tv/windycitysmash

Schedule

12:00 The venue opens to us.
(I'm trying to get an earlier time so we can run everything without rushing. and since the venue opens so late I want those people bringing setups to be there around 11)

12:30-3:30 PM pools
3:30-6:30 Melee Pools
6:30-8:00 Doubles*
8:00-12:00 Singles Bracket
12:00-2:00 friendlies
2:00 venue closes

Set Ups.

Please bring set ups. This event cannot run smoothly without lots of them. To incentivize people bringing set ups, I will refund $5 in person to anyone who brings a full set up we use for the tournament. $3 for just a CRT, and $2 for just a wii/gamecube.

General Info.
1. you will be assigned to pools 2-3 days before the event and registration will close then.
2. Due to time constraints the pools you are assigned to will be bracket pools
3. There will be 8 or 16 pools (dependent on # of people that register and # of set ups) this time and depending on the number of pools, the top 4 will make it out (8 pools) or the top 2 (16 pools) will make it out into a final bracket.

*DOUBLES*
Again, due to time constraints and expected participant numbers (80ish) I am UNSURE if doubles can happen, if you want to enter doubles you can do so in the registration and it will not charge you for it. I will make a bracket for doubles ahead of time in case we do have time to run the event. With that said, since doubles can only happen if we have time (we should have time for one of them) and you're not paying online, you will need to bring $10 just in case for the doubles event pot.

edit: doubles is confirmed due to lots of set ups. thanks guys

Ruleset

Melee will be using the APEX ruleset. Please read it and familiarize yourself with the rules.

http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

Project M

Project M will be using the WindyCitySmash ruleset

The ruleset is the same as melee with the exception of stages.

1.The starter singles levels will consist of the bottom row of stages
2. The CP options will include the bottom row and the second row with the exception of Pokemon Stadium 1 and Skyloft.
3. In doubles, remove Yoshi's Story Melee and replace it with Dracula's Castle
*I will have things printed out in person for ease

Payouts.

Singles.
if <50 then 50/30/15/5
if <70 then 45/20/15/10/5,5
if ≥70 then 40/20/15/10/5,5/2.5,2.5

Doubles
1st. 60%
2nd.30%
3rd. 10%
4th. Money Back

Contact

if you have any questions about the tournament please feel free to contact me.

ripplemelee884@gmail.com

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Think I'm gonna have to pass on this one. No guaranteed doubles for PM and having a local the same day is kinda blah for me. Hope to make it to the next one =)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
sorry to hear that SB, I'll update the thread if I receive word we can enter the venue earlier. We should have time if we can get in around 10:00 and start at 10:30

Last edited:

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
I'll try and get a car to come up from Evansville. Also Louisvilles got a pretty strong scene as well so I'll try and get them to come as well. The hype is real.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if I can get 16 or more TVs, I can guarantee both doubles events happening. the locals have already confirmed 7 TVs.

to those who don't know, last smym only had 12 TVs and 2 were mine

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'll bring a full melee setup but my TV has no AV jacks so it probably can't be used for PM

I'll try and get a car to come up from Evansville. Also Louisvilles got a pretty strong scene as well so I'll try and get them to come as well. The hype is real.
bring reneblade pleeease

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm probably coming and bringing a full setup for PM, but I'm going to RSVP at a later date just in case.
Considering going with a few people as my first real tournament. Ready to get whipped into shape.
If you live in the Chicagoland area, you should get some practice at EXP Gaming tomorrow :).

Last edited:

scottguitar28

Smash Rookie
I'm probably coming and bringing a full setup for PM, but I'm going to RSVP at a later date just in case.

If you live in the Chicagoland area, you should get some practice at EXP Gaming tomorrow :).
I've been meaning to check out Wavedash Wednesday all summer. Unfortunately I can't tomorrow as tomorrow is my little brother's bday and I'll be expected to spend the day with the family. Also, I'll basically be broke for another 2 weeks lol. Also also, I'm on the south side so it's a bit of a drive for me. The only future date I could possibly make it out there would be the 13th. For now I'll plan on going up there then :D

Tomacawk

Smash Master
gunna go ahead and confirm attendence.
moneymatches? i play fox falcon falco peach

Last edited:

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Is there a size minimum for CRTs? I could bring my small one, but right now I'm looking for a larger one that still fits in the trunk of my car.

Hopefully I can go to this - I can still remember the upstairs of the church during SMYM 9.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hey guys just to let you know, I will be closing registration on the 28th at 11:59pm. after that, I won't accept registrants so I can make a bracket ahead of time

also, it seems we have lots of set ups this time around, so I will be confirming that doubles will be happening

Last edited:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, will bracket pools be like at Evo ( top 2 get out) or like at EXP (top 4 get out)?

EDIT: Never mind, I mis-interpreted the OP. Top 4 if there's fewer people, top 2 if there's more people.

Last edited:

Myztek

Smash Ace
Hey everybody! I'm gonna be traveling from Memphis to this, and I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to provide housing. Send me a message if you may be able, please!

Thanks!

Last edited:

two2

Smash Rookie
Same question at Myztek, is anyone willing to provide housing for a decent falco/fox?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yo @ Ripple Ripple ... my debit card expired and my new one isn't arriving until probably the day of the tournament. Can you pre-register me? I do'nt know of anyway I can get you the funds other than the day of the tournament (unless I see you in person before then)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
that's fine. just pay me as soon as you see me so I don't forget

Top Bottom