• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Your Moves 14: Bring Set ups! - March 23rd, 2013 - Champaign, Il

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Gonna need a calorie count on those 'ninis. Tinkster aint about to start packing the ell bees back on.
IDK, they are homemade. so less than 700 definitely.

also, I can house people. but Only if you're coming from the west. you can stay at my place in springfield

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
I'm sure I stated before but I'll be bringing a setup for both PM and Melee. We don't have room for a TV sadly but at least 2 extra setups could be welcomed. If the venue fee is waived because I bring a setup, then awesome, but if it doesn't discount it then I won't be mad. I just want this to be a bad a** experience and I think if anyone can bring a setup, then they should. We're the only ones keeping this community alive and fighting about bringing setups that's a necessary part of tournament play is pointless.

On a minor note about this weekend........HYPE!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
The incentive is to have an awesome tournament that finishes. Idk why IL is so money driven. Bring your **** and have a good time lol.

My car will be bringing 3+ setups as usual. At least 1 PM, 2 Melee, and recording (which I also don't get paid for, who cares). We'll bring more if we have room.

#supportyourcommunity

Scythe

Smash Master
The incentive is to have an awesome tournament that finishes. Idk why IL is so money driven. Bring your **** and have a good time lol.

My car will be bringing 3+ setups as usual. At least 1 PM, 2 Melee, and recording (which I also don't get paid for, who cares). We'll bring more if we have room.

#supportyourcommunity
woah woah don't lump IL with tink and bigc, they aren't even from IL!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
let's ****ing go

accepting MMs in PROJECT M ONLY melee is an awful game
find me at the VENUE don't challenge me with ur keyboard

alcheato

Smash Ace
Yooo, does anyone near the McHenry County area have a spot left in their car?

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
LOLLL....points out me and big C, not rat who made a intellegent post about it 0_0.

me and C didnt even say we needed venue fee back, NEVER SAID IT....we just understand and can relate to getting an incentive for bringing your setup 0_0.....on the real tho, me and C have been bringing our setups for the community, supporting the community for almost 9 full years now 0_0....we dont need to support the community anymore, its time for the young ins to step up 0_o.

i mean, you guys act like the 5$ isnt much....that 5$ is the difference if i eat saturday or not 0_0....it DEFFFF makes a difference for some of us -_-.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Tink, you know full well that (if you're teaming with Kels) you'll get 2nd at worst in teams. Which is more than fully capable of feeding you.

Money is not a problem for you at tournaments.

And if money is such a problem for you, then you can make yourself some food ahead of time and leave it in your car since its going to be cold.

Or you can just not eat for a day. (What I do, even though I have money)

Or you can skip SMYM and keep all your money.

And like mundungu said, the incentive to bring a set up is on yourself. If YOU want a smoothly ran tournament, if YOU want time for frindlies, then YOU bring a set up. I don't provide everything for you as TO

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
lollll...gotcha guy.......again, never was complaining about no venue fee back, like ppl are making it sound 0_o...go read all my posts again if u need to heh.

also, some of us are poor man....not ok with money, but poor....i dont have anything to bring from my house to eat during the day LOLLL....i can/will eat breakfast here, but thats all i got 0_o lol....and no, i wont not eat during a day -_-. not only is that not healthy, for anyone trying to make it far in any tournament, they need some kinda food for energy to think/

Meneks

Smash Lord
I just now looked at the first page since they made the forum switch.

I didnt know there was an amateur bracket at this lol

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the amateur bracket is for locals that want to play. who can't wave dash or chain grab or whatever.

I put the poster up around campus. I put it in the thread because a local game stop is sponsoring us

Dart!

Smash Master
Juggle guy you should predict me to win. I'm on my **** today :)
Good luck everybody.

ALSO: Ganon challenge!!!! I have new tech for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom