• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Your Moves 14: Bring Set ups! - March 23rd, 2013 - Champaign, Il

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the ruleset is whatever Rat ran at SCSYN.

entry for doubles will probably be either $5, or $10. singles for PM will be $10.

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
you should make it 10 per person...that way you will have less teams and it will run faster! adding doubles is gonna make things tight, i imagine.

Scythe

Smash Master
100% agree with tink, uping those entry fees will probably help in the long run.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I already told KO I'd team with him if I come. I should have a definitive answer at the end of the week.

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
me and kelly(if were teaming for pm too), will be handling ppl at this! bring it!

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
its Tink, with a little extra ster on it......my account logged me out, and its from 2004, i have nooo idea the password or email address i used back then -_-.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
its Tink, with a little extra ster on it......my account logged me out, and its from 2004, i have nooo idea the password or email address i used back then -_-.

I can fix that for you haha. Shoot me a PM.

Rat

Smash Lord
SCSYN ruleset? I want to update that. had SSE:Jungle on for teams (and singles i think.)

Want to add more CP stages. Put in Skyworld, Skyloft, Castle Seige, and Halberd.

SCSYN 5 Rules:

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
* All Semi-finals and Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
* If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Stages

Starters
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone (banned in doubles)
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Norfair
Halberd
Skyloft
Skyworld

After each match:
1. Winner announces THREE(3) stage bans.
2. Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
3. Winner chooses their character.
4. Loser chooses their character.
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional).
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
3 bans >>>>> 2 bans x.x

Scythe

Smash Master
SCSYN ruleset? I want to update that. had SSE:Jungle on for teams (and singles i think.)

Want to add more CP stages. Put in Skyworld, Skyloft, Castle Seige, and Halberd.

.[/collapse]
kirk and I were going to experiment with a new stagelist att our next tourney actualy. Adding halberd, norfair, maybe skyloft and maybe castle siege. And making it 3 bans.

Rat

Smash Lord
That sounds good. I'll update those rules after tomorrow.

No Skyworld? The bottom sucks but I don't see any other big issues. No hazards, doesn't move, and it's got a unique layout. Seems pretty ok to me.

j00t

Smash Champion
Is the venue actually open until 12 a.m. this time? I thought we had to be out by 10.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Yeah actually with myself, Reflex, Alex, Pickle, and possibly Beorn coming from Tennessee we would like housing for friday night. Would prefer not have to get a hotel.

Rat

Smash Lord
Mundungu, you're welcome to stay at my place. It's still a bit of a drive in the morning to the tournament. But it's def closer than madison.

Meneks

Smash Lord
So many posts about rides..

Ah last minute there were some complications with my ride, so I'm here asking if theres anyone in Chicago willing to let me tag along? I'll definitely be able to pay my way in gas etc etc.

I really want to go to this it just sucks that this had to happen last minute.

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
meneks, my car might have an open spot, but youd have to get to ateast kellys, to ride with him, to my house 0_o..

Meneks

Smash Lord
Yoooo I'll take that spot if kelly plans on coming back to chicago that night. I can just take the redline all the way to 95th to get to his house.

I would reeeeeeeeeeally appreciate it, I called off a month and a half ago from work to come to this but my ride tried calling off on saturday -__-

Edit: also considering my ride was also my doubles partner and it doesnt look like hes going that makes me a free agent. Sooooo if anyone wants to do doubles and is looking for a clutch teammate. boom

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
the plans so far are, leaving in the morning, coming back when its done...and kelly should be going home after, tho i dont know how late smyms gonna run :/.

Meneks

Smash Lord
Thats fine with me, as long as we head back after the tourney im good. Not really trying to stay the night or anything like that. I messaged him on fb and he just responded saying I can meet him up at his place. Looks like I'll be going with you all if you let me get that spot

viperboy_74

Smash Master
I only know of one car coming to my place Friday, which is a lot less than normal. I need to know ASAP if your planning on coming here.

Shoot me a pm with how many and when you're coming. My fiance is leaving for the weekend, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom