• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Your Moves 14: Bring Set ups! - March 23rd, 2013 - Champaign, Il

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
SMYM 14

Venue
McKinley Church
809 South 5th Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Parking

is literally across the street

Entry Fee
$5 Venue Fee (regardless of bringing a set up or not)
$15 per person singles
$20 per team for doubles

Prizes
1st. 50%
2nd. 25%
3rd. 15%
4th. 10%
5th. OOS bonus only

there will also be an OOS bonus for anyone that makes money depending on how much extra $ I have.

Schedule
10am: Doors open. If you're bringing a setup, please arrive ASAP
11am: Double and Singles sign ups
Noon: 4:00 Doubles Bracket
4:00-7:00: singles pools and PM pools
7:00-12:00 singles bracket/Friendlies

Note: There Will NOT be PM doubles

WE NEED PEOPLE TO BRING A TV, GAMECUBE, POWERSTRIP, OR EXTENSION CORD!

Confirmed Set Ups

Ripple - 2 t.v.s and 2 set ups.
Local smashers - 4 T.V.s and 3 set ups

Rules

PLEASE READ.

* Unknown522 (The player) is banned
* Pause is set to OFF in singles and in doubles
*In the even of an accidental pause for singles, the player who paused loses a stock.
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* All tournament sets will be best-of-3 except the following, which will be best-of-5: Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Semis, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is LEGAL.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch are banned
*Mewtwo's soul stunner Glitch is encouraged.
* Dave's Stupid Rule WILL NOT BE USED AT ALL (there will be a different rule )
*MetaKnight is Banned

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Special Conduct Rules

1. absolutely no loud trash talking while a player is in a match. if I hear ANYONE bring down a player while they are in a match, you will be kicked out of the venue.
2. This is a church, no alcohol or drugs.

FOOD

I Will be selling homemade hot paninis for $2.50 each for lunch and for dinner. These will be big sandwiches for that price. If you want to save money on food, I would suggest you buy a sandwich.

Contact
please don't call or text unless it's an emergency. You can PM me through SWF as necessary.
217-622-3131 - Main TO (Blake/Ripple)

Housing
There are a few smashers in Champaign that might be able to house. I will update this as people let me know how many they're willing to house.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
"In the event of an accidental pause in singles the opponent has the right to a free uncharged smash attack or grab."

lol wut this is a terrible rule

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
as opposed to an automatic stock loss. I think its fine.

if more people are honestly upset by this rule, then I'll change it

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I mean accidental pauses are rare and everybody just lets it go anyway so the rule really doesn't matter. That rule is bad though.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
it happened at APEX. and Leffen took full advantage of it when scar paused despite OVERWHELMING chants for him to leave it be.

some sort of anti pausing rule has to be there, you still have yet to convince me that this is worse or somehow more stupid than an automatic stock loss

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i prefer an automatic stock loss. it ensures that the offender never ever does it again (or makes sure pause is off in future doubles sets). it's also much less surgical and match-up dependent than whatever that bull**** in the OP is, lol.

scar & sfat vs ice and leffen was hilarious btw... scar still had a stock remaining and sfat only had 1 stock left... why would he think he needed to take a stock lol. no offense to you bobby, you're awesome =)

Tink

Smash Hero
MWs pause DQ rule: if someone accidentally paues, man the **** up and dont be a sissy....ur only taking the stock if u suck(leffen sucks, as a person -_- ).

thats what it should be.

john!

Smash Hero
i'm going fox vs. all jigglypuff players and you can sure as hell bet that i'm gonna do a ninja pause if they upthrow me and i don't DI it

enjoy your free uncharged fsmash jigglypuff! :troll:

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I hope I can make it to this.

i'm going fox vs. all jigglypuff players and you can sure as hell bet that i'm gonna do a ninja pause if they upthrow me and i don't DI it

enjoy your free uncharged fsmash jigglypuff! :troll:
^not the worst argument against the present rule

#PauseDI #SMYM14

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
blake go back to the OG rule for pausing. It's not like anyone in the MW is dumb enough to enforce that rule anyway.

I'll see about coming back to Champaign for this. Depends what job I end up with, plane ticket prices, etc.

7ent

Smash Rookie
blake go back to the OG rule for pausing. It's not like anyone in the MW is dumb enough to enforce that rule anyway.

I'll see about coming back to Champaign for this. Depends what job I end up with, plane ticket prices, etc.
GET HYPE!

oh and will be there.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion

Chris and I talked about the Leffen thing at length and determined there are certain people we would make lose the stock.

Leffen is an ******* bc he did it to Scar of all people.

Meneks

Smash Lord
i prefer an automatic stock loss. it ensures that the offender never ever does it again (or makes sure pause is off in future doubles sets). it's also much less surgical and match-up dependent than whatever that bull**** in the OP is, lol.
this is so bad haha..

How do you prevent someone from performing something thats completely accidental?

I think I accidentally press start like twice a month give or take, there shouldn't be a rule for it

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
i prefer an automatic stock loss. it ensures that the offender never ever does it again (or makes sure pause is off in future doubles sets). it's also much less surgical and match-up dependent than whatever that bull**** in the OP is, lol.)
You or Jace paused during mine/jbm's set vs you guys and we just waited for you to unpause.

If I had known this was your philosophy, I'd have made the TO (you) follow up on those rules :p

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
People were mad at leffen/ice, not mad at the rule.

oh you were planning on meteor cancelling? good thing I paused.
#royspike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom